Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Official RP: Rescue Jennifer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:04 am 
Site Admin

The night sky glittered over the lake shore. It was unusually clear tonight. The crisp air of autumn yielded a vibrant view of the moon and stars above. Such beauty existed in a place so dangerous. This lakeshore was after all far from the safety of town. Darker things lurked these woods at night, and in the waters themselves.

But a strong man could survive in this cursed land. One strong enough could fight against the darkness. One such man stood at the docks overlooking the lake, and in the distance the dark castle that loomed across the water. He was waiting for someone else to join him, but he was not waiting alone.

"I've already come this far. The forests didn't present much of a hurdle, thanks to my flying magic. Valcior may have a harder time of it. I hope he arrives soon. The ferryman said to meet him at midnight after all."

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

Post subject: Re: Official RP: Rescue Jennifer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

"It's finally happening..."

Jennifer's gaze was not fixed on the forest but on the castle across the lake. Her eyes were filled with both worry and excitement. It was hard for her to contain the excited squeals she wanted to let out but she did so. Otherwise she'd be looking quite foolish right now. "Chopper...must be with him, right?"

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:49 am 
Belmont

His shirt had been put aside, and he wore the chain mail proudly. The dark pants were stained with dried mud, and his weaponry… all of it, everything he had ever used in combat was at his disposal. When Valcior laid eyes on Drake, he did not stop. He did not turn back to see if Chopper stopped. He moved to stand beside Drake, and without turning to look at him, or anywhere but the lake in front of him, he spoke.

“And so it ends.”

Because it had long, long since begun.

He took a couple of tentative steps to the edge of the water, breathed out, and stepped forward, ready to cool his feet in the edge. As his right foot fell down, he felt a cool sensation engulfing the ankle, emanating from the anklet around it. His breath caught in his chest, and he settled his foot down, marveling as he stood atop the water.

His left foot came forward, and rested beside his right.

Well, that’s certainly abnormal. He leaned down, pulling up his pants leg, and examining the anklet, which glowed just slightly. If the boat doesn't come, I could always carry Chopper on my back.

Species: Human
Classes: Slayer, Brute, Sorcerer
Weapons: "Răzbunare" the Sword, "Lechery" Cat o' nine tails with metal heads, "Barb" Single-Headed (spiked ball) Leather Whip, "Skull Render" Steel-Spiked Club (21 3/4th inches), Custom War Scythe.
Money: 10 G
Pack: 3 Silver Stakes, Hammer, 10 knives, 2 axes, 1 vial of holy water (1 pint), 1 cross, 1 oak steak, 1 Days Traveler's Food, 2 Loves of bread, 2 Full Canteens, 5 Empty Canteens, 4 Bags Fresh Vegetables, 1 Blocks of Cheese, Four foot heavy chain
House: Bronze bar
Attire: Chain Mail Vest under: Grey shirt embroidered around the V-neck with Faux gold crescent moons, grey pants held up by a belt similarly embroidered, worn out leather boots. Reed Anklet.
Quests completed: 1
Unlocked Abilities: Level Two Bible Crash, Level Two Stake Crash (Need Book D:!)
Recipes:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:54 am 
Site Admin

"Crazy, pure craziness." Was all Chopper could say when he saw Valcior standing atop of the water. He looked over at Drake and folded his arms over his chest. "So one flies and the other walks on water...Are you both showing off for someone or something or just trying to make a point that I'm getting to be too old for this?" He commented with a chuckle.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:30 am 
Belmont

"I'm retiring after this," Valcior told them. "Or perhaps retiring is the wrong word. I’m getting closer to Jucan every day. I will find out where he is living, I will confront him and tell him that he needs to come back to Habrig. We'll restore our family’s name.” He shifted his weight but found himself still standing.

“I’ve wondered why you’ve been looking for me.” Valcior turned, looking past Drake, past Chopper, to the man. For just a moment, he saw his father, and then his eyes closed and opened again. “I don’t know what’s going on here, but from what I understood while I was eavesdropping, something important is going to happen. Something that you have a lot of yourself in.”

Valcior’s hand slid from the hilt of his blade.

“I am Valcior Meys,” he said. “Tell me your name, tell me that I am right.”

“Jucan the Terrible. I am the shadow that haunts every corner. But once upon a time, I was who you think I am.” The tall, willowy form emerged further from the darkness. “I recognize I am intruding. I also recognize that you’re all prepared for combat.” Valcior moved back the two steps he had taken onto the lake. “Now that I know, I have no choice. If you will have me, I will go with you. Can’t let my little brother go into danger without me, can I?”

Jucan turned toward Drake.

“If you will have me, tell me what we’ll seek tonight?”

Valcior turned his own eyes on Drake, and nodded. Whether he was nodding his support for Jucan or his deference to Drake, that was probably to remain a mystery

Weapons: "Răzbunare" the Sword, "Lechery" Cat o' nine tails with metal heads, "Barb" Single-Headed (spiked ball) Leather Whip, "Skull Render" Steel-Spiked Club (21 3/4th inches), Custom War Scythe.
Pack: 3 Silver Stakes, Hammer, 10 knives, 2 axes, 1 vial of holy water (1 pint), 1 cross, 1 oak steak, 1 Days Traveler's Food, 2 Loves of bread, 2 Full Canteens, 5 Empty Canteens, 4 Bags Fresh Vegetables, 1 Blocks of Cheese, Four foot heavy chain
Attire: Chain Mail Vest under: Grey shirt embroidered around the V-neck with Faux gold crescent moons, grey pants held up by a belt similarly embroidered, worn out leather boots. Reed Anklet.
Unlocked Abilities: Level Two Bible Crash, Level Two Stake Crash (Need Book D:!)
Recipes:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:34 am 
Site Admin

"Jucan...I remember him! He helped to defeat Lorenzo's homonculi army! Graham," Jennifer turned to face Drake. "He's a very good man. As long as he understands the risks, I don't see why not."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:01 am 
Site Admin

"Any friend of Jennifer's is a friend of mine" Said Drake to Jucan.

"Though what awaits is a battle against the most dangerous of foes. The kind who believes that what they are doing, no matter how abhorrent is the just and right thing to do." Drake warned, as he looked down at his own hands.

"I've looked down that path and seen nothing but self destruction. But not before it would bring ruin to everything around me. We're up against a foe like that."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:22 am 
Belmont

“Jennifer is the woman, isn’t she? The one who came to the battlefield on the stone bird. The one who told me about Valcior.” Valcior nodded.

"I don't know what path you've looked down, nor how," The slayer felt something shifting within him. It was like the breaking of a bone, or the repositioning of a stone pillar with the roof still atop it. He felt as if the world should shudder beneath him as he cut the distance between himself and, not Jucan, but Drake.

Unseeing of Jennifer, he had no way to note whether he was close to her or not. He was not entirely sure he understood how or if she was truly with them. And for a moment, he was unsure why he stood in front of the man. He had come to admire Drake as a well of strength, envy him for his love, and fear him for it as well. Then his body acted without his true permission.

His right hand reached out for the Preacher’s shoulder, and came to rest.

“We’ve brought down one building that evil resides in. Another will be felled beneath our boots… and Jennifer… or the remaining part of her, or whatever or whoever it is that awaits us, will be brought out of the darkness and back to you, to your arms and your heart.” Valcior’s eyes did not break from Drake’s. “Because that is how it is meant to be.”

He broke his hold and backed away, moving to Chopper with a stony face on his look, dissuading him from any speech about their discussion in the tavern long ago. Finally he looked at Jucan.

“When the boat comes, that’s your last chance to back out.”

Recipes:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:39 am 
Site Admin

"Then you'd best decide quickly." Drake said pointing out a lantern glowing a strange shade of blue at the point of a boat being rowed toward them by a cloaked figure.

It approached them slowly, finally stopping by the dock. "So many passengers this night. Will you be crossing the lake tonight, or shall I take you across the river?" He said to them.

Drake stepped into the boat inviting the others to join as he handed five gold pieces to the ferryman. "The midnight route please. The same as the last time I was here." Drake said and the ferryman nodded. "Don't mind him. His demeanor is odd, but he's just a businessman."

The ferryman looked at Jennifer. "Even her? Certainly someone like her would prefer to cross the river wouldn't she?" The ferryman said with a strange chuckle.

"She's not ready to cross, and be ready when we come back, your boat will be heavier by one person." Drake replied with insistence.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:55 am 
Site Admin

Jennifer eyed the ferryman and was ready to protest the one thousandth time someone implied she was dead when Chopper spoke up. "She's just in a state of matter that's a bit of a minor inconvienance, mind your tongue you bastard." He growled lowly.

"....I....just want to get there is all." Jennifer whispered as she took her place on the boat. She seemed quiet and distant.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:59 am 
Belmont

Valcior stepped forward and paused at the edge of the boat. When Jucan came to stand beside him, Valcior didn’t know what to say.

“I don’t know why you’re coming. It’s enough that I’ve finally seen you, finally spoken to you. But if you really want to do this, know that we’re going to go rescue someone, and if I die in the attempt, know that it’s because I wanted to succeed or die.” Valcior climbed in, ignoring the weight of Jucan’s hand that was suddenly on his shoulder. Jucan didn’t reply, but climbed in next to Valcior, who turned back to Chopper.

Recipes:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:52 am 
Site Admin

"Shall we be off then?" Sid the ferryman pushing off with his long oar and nudging the boat along, through the murky waters. They began their passage over the lake without much incident until a rumbling of thunder began to be heard.

"Strange. It was clear a moment ago." Drake said looking up to see cloud cover rapidly rolling in.

"Eheheheh. The sudden onset of rain, signals the anger of Del Lago. I'd heard some woman killed him, but it seems the rumors were exaggerated. This should be interesting at least" The ferryman said, sounding entirely detached from the situation.

"Of the lake?" Drake said roughly translating the name the old man had spoken. He didn't have time to wonder why there was a monster with a Spanish name, that summoned storms below them, or why its name wasn't something more Slavic in origin before something heavy struck the underside of the boat rocking it side to side.

"It looks like even gold can't buy safe passage in this cursed land" Said Drake before something parted the water ahead of them. An enormous serpentine fish's head emerged from the water baring its open maw at them. It was almost big enough to swallow the entire boat. It looked almost like an enormous eel, but not entirely. A sea serpent was the best description one could give, much like great Rahab or Leviathan. Though clearly this was more a freshwater specimen. Its anthropology would have to wait as it was rushing the boat again, intent on sending its passengers into the water where it could scoop them up into its waiting jaws.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:01 am 
Site Admin

Both Jennifer and her father were looking open mouthed, eyes wide in wonder at the horrifying beauty in front of them. While Chopper was just shell-shocked, all Jennifer was shouting was, ""I CAN'T SWIM!!!" Forgetting in the panic that she was just a ghost form.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:42 am 
Belmont

For a moment, this was not a fishmonster rising up out of the water to crush them. For just the briefest of moments, Valcior saw the fishboy, Spencer; Spencer who had given his life for their party at the base of Lorenzo’s tower, on the day that he, Valcior had failed in his promise. It was like a knife twisting inside his heart.

So momentarily distracting was this, that he did not notice Jucan rise carefully to his feet, bow and arrow drawn, take aim for the fish’s eye, and fire. He had no ranged weaponry, and while he could swim, Valcior knew the chain mail didn’t help that a whole hell of a lot. As much as he hated to say it… Valcior was useless.

He unfurled his whip, barb, and pulled back, aiming to strike at the other eye. Blind the beast.

Jucan cried out.

"STEADY ON, FERRYMAN!"

Recipes:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:48 am 
Site Admin

Jucan's arrow flew true, but the beast thrashed to the side catching an arrow in its forehead, and seeming not to care very much as it turned aside and smashed the boat with its tail fin.

Drake was caught mid, chant and hurled overboard. "....MERRO!" He concluded a moment before hitting the water and hovering just above it. He had just a moment to count his blessings, hovering above the water, as Del lago submerged. It hadn't yet occurred to Drake, that hovering just above the water made him look rather like a tasty bug would to a fish. The water split below him, becoming in an instant a pit of teeth that was Del Lago's massive jaws rising up to meet him.

Drake quickly ascended just barely avoiding the closing maw of the monster fish. "Damn!" Drake shouted, his heart racing wildly, having just avoided being eaten.

He spun around trying to spot Del Lago beneath the waves, but his magical senses, and view of the planes weren't helping much. A fish's soul didn't register much on the spiritual plane, and whatever Del Lago was, it wasn't magical. No this monster was sheer primordial sea beast of raw biological might.

Thankfully from his vantage point above Drake did manage to spot the tell tale parting of water as Del Lago swam close to the surface, making another bee line for the boat, trying to ram another passenger into the water and its waiting jaws.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next