Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Unrest in the house of D
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:42 am 
Site Admin

The castle keep rose high above Dracula's castle, the night wind blowing fiercely across. The bleak night sky only made this setting all the more gloomy. Within the keep sat a throne illuminated by torches which burned a ghostly blue light. Upon that throne a vampire sat. His hair a silvery shade and ran to his shoulders. He looked to be in his mid twenties but he was indeed centuries old. His left eye was covered by a leather patch, and in his hand a decanter of some red substance, which stood about a half and half chance of being wine or something else.

"What a beautiful night." He remarked to himself. "You can almost smell the fear in the air. The fear of those ignorant humans below. And yet that sweet sweet smell is tainted. Like fine perfumes covering the unmaskable odor of rotting flesh. Yes I smell treachery below." He went on now seeming to talk to someone.

Another vampire emerged from the shadows in the back of the chamber. This one covered almost entirely head to toe in a purple cloak except for his entirely bald and bulbous head protruding from above his collar.

"Treachery count DaSoliel?" He asked. "Slovadon, your speech seems baited. Have you something to tell me?" Asked Magrid.

"I do my lord. It would seem the white witches we thought sealed within the castle have been in contact with the guild." Slovadon answered. Magrid sneered at the comment and responded with disdain. "Those cowards could only best me by changing the terrain to their advantage. Outside of their tiny realm they are nothing against my evil might. I've sealed them within the depths of the castle. If they dare step out I will destroy them without hesitation. Until then they are not a threat." Magrid answered.

"That would typically be true my lord. However...." Slovadon began. "You're a mind reader Slovadon, you know exactly how I'll respond, so don't hesitate to finish that thought." Said Magrid."

Slovadon nodded and finished. "...the guild member they contact was Graham Drake. It is almost certain they know what he is. He is now working with them as their hand on the outside. It seems the homonculus Lorenzo created is now with them as well. She suffered serious wounds breaking into their domain. They are healing the damage she suffered in exchange for Drake's loyalty." He explained.

Magrid in disgust tightened his grip upon his glass crushing it in his grip, grinding glass to dust without the slightest cut to his hand.

"Graham Drake. So he's still alive, and still being played for a pawn. In spite of what he is, he's still following that foolish God of his and following it right into the hands of our enemies." Magrid growled.

Slovadon inquired of Magrid "Do you think where you failed, they may be capable of awakening the Dark Lord within him? If he did that it would make him the rightful lord of this castle. And in swearing his loyalty to those wtiches he most certainly would by extension make the castle...that is your domain..into his." Slovadon continued.

"I did not ask you for that suggestion Slovadon. And you must know I was already aware of that. The only one who holds right to this castle in the True Dark Lord's absence is I alone. Am I not the mightiest thing yet seen by the vampire world? Who makes him think he could stand against me."

"It would seem there is a legitimate threat my lord." Slovadon suggested.

Magred then stood up and walked toward a curtain, tearing it away revealing the moonlit night sky. "Is there something you're not telling me." He asked.

"I keep nothing from you my lord." Slovadon answered in a totally unreadable monotone as her his usual mannerisms. He frustrated Magrid in that way. Slovadon himself could read any mind he wished, and yet could not himself be read even by body language, voice, or facial expression. Only someone who could see the color of someone's soul might be able to tell Slovadon's level of honesty.

"I suppose we have waited too long to extinguish this unwanted light." Magrid said placing a finger against the glass. The window responded by frosting over as if the night had gone from autumn to the dead of winter in an instant from the cold touch of the vampire.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

Post subject: Re: Unrest in the house of D
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:54 am 
Site Admin

"The King is in check my lord Magrid. What move he makes next can very well cost him a valuable piece."

Lorenzo had entered the room soon after Solvadon. He stroked his cheek thoughtfully as he thought about the situation. "Magrid, this is our chance. We couldn't seize the seer before because of her closeness with the preacher but now the two are seperated. If we should attain her whilst disposing of the threat, we'd be killing two birds with one stone. Three if we use the homonculus's abilities to find Dracula's soul."

"If those witches could hold her hostage and have the preacher put under their thumb...whose to say we can't do the exact same thing?"

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:08 am 
OMNIMOD

As the night wore on, and the masterminds of Castlevania wrought their plans, a young woman stepped up the stone stairs circling the high towers of the fortress. The eternal torchlight danced across her raven black hair which shook lightly against each step she traversed. With small, pale hands, she held her robes above her feet to keep her fair and even pace upon the stairs from becoming a nasty fall into the abyss.

At the top of the tower, she straightened her vestments, brushing them free of dust before placing a hand gently on the chamber door and entering slowly, yet not without a sense of importance.

"Please excuse the intrusion, my Lords, but I bring you wonderful news!" She said with a tone of joy in her voice, addressing these vampires for the very first time.

-Jobs: Slayer, Occultist, Mercenary
-Whip of Elements: (Gift of Power, Gift of Water)
-Weapons: Hunter's Knife (Short Sword), Blade of Gilgamesh (Long Sword), Couple's Blade (Bastard Sword), Sledgehammer Head (Hammer :p )
-Clothes: Thick cotton shirt with leather ties below the neck (long sleeved), Navy denim mining pants, Belt with side loop for whip, Faded red duster, Steel toed boots, Bronze Half-Plate Gauntlets(L&R), Copper Half-Plate Shin Guards(L&R), Steel Chest plate
-Misc.: Autopsy Tools, Oil Lamp (Full)
-Money: 157G (Birthday: April 29)
-Medicine Bag Items: Mother's Scarf, Cheese Block(x1/2), Sack of Veggies(x1), Canned Food(x2), Canteen(Full), Bag of Candy, Can Opener, Spoon, Knife, Fork, Bandage Roll(x1), Hidden History Scroll, Peculiar Flute, Used Moon Card.
-Recepies: Sandwich, Bananna Bread
-Reputation: Known as; “The Wolf with Puppy-Dog Eyes”, “The Marked One”, “Vampire Hunter”, ”Hero”, "Ultimate Alternate", "Guardian of Engaia"
-Completed Quests: Necrological Survey, Epic of Gilgamesh, Droll Patrol

-Biography (Containing Flaws/Benefits, and Autopsies)
This character is the intellectual property of holyice7.

[Spam bot post deletion count: 35]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:46 am 
Site Admin

"You never could quite replicate your masterpiece could you Lorenzo?" Magrid asked. "And the treachery in your own camp prevented you from reclaiming her even when I felled the preacher. But the two are separate now. At this moment the preacher is in the forest. It would be a fine night to kill him. But a waste. To kill him would be nothing but taking a single pawn. Those witches are the real threat. It is they we must remove." Magrid explained as he leaned against the glass tipping his forehead against it smiling with his fangs exposed. "When a pawn crosses the entire board it may become whatever piece the player desires. It is then the question is it they or we who control that pawn?

He needn't become as Slovadon said, a Dark Lord to rival our own. When we locate Dracula's soul it will need a new vessel. I may have been too quick to cast him aside. His own life is not enough to threaten him. Not enough to drive him to desperation enough. His heart. Attack his heart and his will shall crumble."

"The queen is the most powerful piece on the board. For now the White Witches are advancing their pawns. The preacher and the homonculus. A king and Queen if we let them go too long. And...." Slovadon baited the last word.

"And what?" Magrid demanded. "...and they may have more. You yourself know there are more Dark Lord candidates."

Before Magrid could ask another question they were interrupted. "What news bring you?"

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:29 am 
OMNIMOD

"Oh, but where are my manners?" The young woman placed her hand over her heart, startled at her own lack of introduction.

"Lord Magrid DaSoliel," she addressed Magrid with a light bow, "Lorenzo, The Black Priest of Edenia," again, a light bow toward Lorenzo. She now turned to the third vampire, saying simply, knowingly, "Slovadon..." and giving him a very low bow.

"I am Sister Iris, and this very night..." Iris raised her right arm, showing her palm to the ceiling. Closing her eyes in concentration for a moment, she caused a perfect circular section of the roof of the tower to disappear, allowing a disc of Moonlight to wash over her, "...most wonderful news of the imminent revival of our Lord Dracula," she opened her eyes with a confident smirk, looking to Magrid.

"For you see, Master Ormaldo Corlin, Seventh Son of the House of Corlin has accomplished a task handed down to him from Lord Dracula himself to provide our Dark Lord with a body...and nearly limitless power..." Iris held her palms facing one another now, and nurtured a small dark orb within her grasp.

((OOC:BGM: The Last Time)))

She allowed the orb to increase in size until it reached the sides of the wide disc of Moonlight on the stone below her feet, and reached as high as the exposed night sky.

Releasing the orb, she allowed the darkness to stand on its own as she stepped off to one side and bowed lowly once again.

"My Lords, I present to you my master, Ormaldo Corlin!"

With that, a tall figure with obsidian black hair reaching to his waist and a perfectly handsome face stepped through. His red and gold robes were parted at the top to show toned pectoral muscles and a strong neck.

He looked across the room at the three vampires facing him, and let out a few low "Hm"'s, strung together into a slow and amused laugh.

"Such a sight to see you with underlings of power, Magrid DaSoliel," Corlin said, giving a sly look to Magrid.

He now turned to Iris, "Thank you, Sister; you have performed admirably."

Iris responded with a simple smile and a light blush, adding the only evidence of color to her face.

"I was charged with a task by our Lord himself a short time ago, nary two decades, to retrieve the components for a most powerful body. I return with eight.

The figure raised his arms, and at his command was followed by eight tall crystals, brimming with power.

Each crystal was opaque, each of their facets filled with a visible energy; the first pulsated with a bright light, kept somewhat at bay by the dark nature of the castle. The second was wreathed in short flames that danced across it. The third appeared as if a cool fluid was washing across the inside of the crystal. The fourth was white with frost, causing fog to fall to the floor around it. The fifth was peppered with large rocks, each bearing their own, smaller, crystal formations. The sixth was wrapped in thick vines. The seventh seemed to have its own wind currents flitting around it. The eighth, and largest of them all, had bolts of electricity crackling across its surface.

"I've also seen to it..." Corlin exposed his teeth in a cruel smile, "...that those mongrel Man-Beasts shall no longer be an issue at large."

Iris covered her mouth in a slight giggle at this as she dissipated the portal.

"I hope things have not gotten out of hand during my absence," Corlin said, asking in the most roundabout way the state of affairs.

-Weapons: Hunter's Knife (Short Sword), Blade of Gilgamesh (Long Sword), Couple's Blade (Bastard Sword), Sledgehammer Head (Hammer :p )
-Clothes: Thick cotton shirt with leather ties below the neck (long sleeved), Navy denim mining pants, Belt with side loop for whip, Faded red duster, Steel toed boots, Bronze Half-Plate Gauntlets(L&R), Copper Half-Plate Shin Guards(L&R), Steel Chest plate
-Medicine Bag Items: Mother's Scarf, Cheese Block(x1/2), Sack of Veggies(x1), Canned Food(x2), Canteen(Full), Bag of Candy, Can Opener, Spoon, Knife, Fork, Bandage Roll(x1), Hidden History Scroll, Peculiar Flute, Used Moon Card.
-Reputation: Known as; “The Wolf with Puppy-Dog Eyes”, “The Marked One”, “Vampire Hunter”, ”Hero”, "Ultimate Alternate", "Guardian of Engaia"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:15 am 
Site Admin

"Though I might ask my Lord...what use of a body when there is no soul?" Lorenzo wondered outloud, staring thoughtfully at the new arrivals.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:17 am 
Site Admin

Magrid just glared at Corlin. "and you've missed the mark by sixteen years. Giles used the man beast tribes in Dracula's resurrection some time ago. Furthermore another damnable Belmont appeared. It seems the house of Shneider carries their bloodline as well. Between he and one last Fernandez that Giles failed to exterminate we lost our lord again.

Even Death wasn't enough to stop the Belmont and Actrise in her attempts to recruit the Fernandez girl ultimately allowed her to live long enough to gain the power she needed to defeat our lord. Giles and Actrise are both dead now. Treachery I can accept. Incompetence I can not." Said Magrid turning to face the other vampires.

"Your company is roughly as pleasant as sunlight without curtains Corlin but as we've recently been betrayed by one of our own number you can serve fill the ranks." Magrid continued.

"As of now Dracula has vanished. Giles' plan backfired most profoundly. Not only did Dracula lose, but now we can not be sure if he will return. The castle its self is growing wrestles. It is ever growing and expanding searching for its master. Furthermore as a side effect it seems a few individuals have absorbed fragments of Dracula's power, and the castle is calling out to them as well. Each of these Dark Lord Candidates has the potential to awaken as a new Dark Lord and claim the castle and Dracula's birthright for himself. I shant allow that to happen. Only Dracula is worthy of this domain, and should one Dark Lord awaken, who is to say another will not? Where Dracula stood as the balancing force of Darkness in the world, this would instead throw our powers into chaos.

You are no doubt aware of the white witches infesting our castle whom would love to take advantage of this." Magrid explained.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:15 am 
OMNIMOD

Corlin raises his arms and shoulders in a full shrug, and shook his head, still bearing a smirk.

"I have been away for quite some time, Magrid, but do not believe that I am fully unaware of these happenings. My task was born of DeRais' idea...and though I would not expect you to share the foresight of our Lord, Magrid, my arrival has not missed its mark," Corlin folded his arms, giving Magrid a particularly uncaring look.

"Such a pity, Lady Actrise's demise, and no better your subordinate's turn, but my rank here was cemented long ago."

Corlin now turned to Lorenzo, "And no soul you say?" The dashing vampire set two fingers to his forehead, closing his eyes for his moment before shaking his head to the tempo of a few "Tsk"'s.

"It seems you are the one who has made an error in your timing, Magrid. I suppose I must take care of that as well..." Corlin sighed, still retaining his cocksure smirk.

"Iris, return the crystals. We shan't be needing them any time soon, it would seem. As well, fix the tower; the castle needs no more strain that it is already under, if these White Witches are as much of a threat as I hear."

Iris complied, returning the crystals to the depths of a portal, and recalled the ceiling from its temporary place inside another dark doorway.

Corlin then put his back to Magrid, throwing his cloak behind him and taking two steps toward the door before stopping.

"Oh, and Magrid...do not get so comfortable in that throne. It does not belong to you."

An instant later, Corlin and Iris were obscured by one of Iris' portals, swallowed into it, and absent from the room.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:23 am 
Site Admin

"Arrogant as always Corlin. Always with your bickering in hopes of Dracula's favor. In that case why not go below, and deal with these witches yourself. That would be of more use than empty shells." Magrid replied as Corlin exited.

Magrid then turned to the others. "Lorenzo, how much control do you have over your homonculi? You lost her once. Should we reacquire the seer, I need your word that she will serve us." He next addressed Slovadon. "The other Dark Lord Candidates. We know of six that Giles located eight years ago. Begin with them. Find them, no matter how far away. There are vampires all around the world I can contact to bring them back. The three Gilgamesh found. They should still be nearby. Any other special cases like the preacher as well. They eluded us the first time, but if there is one there must be others."

Magrid paced about rubbing his chin. "No threats to Dracula shall be allowed to live. We are too close, and too much is at stake. Should we fail, the castle will swallow everything, the precarious balance of light and dark will crumble...and then things far worse than we will be set loose upon this world. For a proper dark kingdom to emerge we need Count Dracula as its true king."

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

"I have but one loyal homonculi left. His twin was killed by the Fernandez girl but he himself is the strongest of them all. Swift and agile as Scissorwoman, clever as Chopper, stronger than Sledgehammer." Lorenzo gestured to a figure holding two very long blades dressed in a tunic dyed red from blood and bloodstained black pants. His hair was black and wild, never brushed. His eyes a bloodshot red.

He grinned, snapping his blades like scissors. "Not to mention I still have Leon and Kakurine."

"I assure you Lord Magrid that once she is captured, the seer will not want to cooperate. Threatening Veros and the preacher himself will force her into submission. Her stone is snapped in two...one half with her the other half with the preacher." Lorenzo sighed wearily and turned to gaze out the window at the moon. "The seer truly is the most beautiful of my monsters, don't you agree? A fitting queen if we can just make it so."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:20 am 
Site Admin

Magrid turned back to the window. "An impressive Golem there. But let us not get too far ahead of ourselves. First we eliminate the immediate threats." Magrid explained as he looked out of the glass and reached his hand toward it. This time he passed through as if nothing were between him and the night sky. "There is a lovely moon out tonight. It is a beautiful night for a murder." Said Magrid smiling before passing through and diving far below before his figure vanished into the darkness, shortly followed by a massive flurry of bats shooting up into the night sky, nearly blacking out the moon as they flew off toward the town.