Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Final Battle: Sneak Attack
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:19 am 
Site Admin

"Story of my life," Kyrad muttered to himself.

He stood at the edge of the water, staring at the tiny rowboat tied to the dock. He looked up at Castle Dracula and sighed.

"Running headfirst into danger, not a friendly soul in sight. Except this time, I can't even summon my sigils to help." He thought back to his conversation with Cloud. Ramona would at least be safe. Especially since he'd augmented Cloud's own power with the Lokar sigil he'd recently acquired.

Still, he waited a few moments longer. There was no use trying to infiltrate while the Castle was on high alert. As soon as the other team started fighting, he'd make his way inside.

For the moment, he just stared at the dinghy, wondering what fate had in store for him tonight.

Name: Grace Meredith

Naem: Enzo Greyson

Post subject: Re: Final Battle: Sneak Attack
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:54 am 
Site Admin

Someone was standing behind Kyrad. No sound of footsteps, no sound of breath, just the sudden realization someone was behind him.

"The water is still tonight. That's good. I cannot cross moving water by my own power."

It was the vampire Gilgamesh. Betrayed by count Magrid, he pledged his support to the guild in the name of taking vengeance. He boasted an arsenal of blades about him, from two broadswords on his back, to two rapiers on his hip, and an array of short swords and daggers. Every weapon with an identical companion. He was adorned in crimson armor that looked to have been designed centuries ago during the reign of Vlad Dracul II, and it was adorned with the symbol for the order of the dragon.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:20 am 
Site Admin

Not a friendly soul in sight, Kyrad thought to himself. Still accurate.

"Did you bring enough weapons?" he asked, turning to face Gilgamesh. It wasn't long ago that the two of them would have fought to the death without a second thought. Now, he was making jokes.

Still, Kyrad did a mental check of his own armaments. His bracers were present as always, containing hidden blades and adjustable spell circles. His fingers traced the teleportation spell inscribed on his belt. He could feel the slight weight of his tabbard against his chest, with additional weight near his left breast where he kept a notebook. His primary book, which contained all his unfinished ideas and schematics, was safely back at the inn. This was a new book, one he planned to fill with spell matrices for quick use in combat. Right now, he had three pages filled. Three trump cards if things got out of hand.

And then there was his pack. Food from Ramona. Some first aid supplies from Grace. Fredo had even grabbed some rope for him. And a single piece of chalk from a little girl in town he'd never before talked to. It was strange how imminent disaster could bring people together.

Which brought him back to Gilgamesh. Kyrad climbed into the boat, grabbing an oar in each hand. He had an affinity for water monsters, and Gilgamesh for dark ones. Together, they might make the crossing without incident.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

In the distance, Kyrad could hear explosions going off. "Sounds like our cue," he said, putting his paddle against the bank.

As he expected, it seemed the frontal assault was trying to draw as much attention to itself as possible. Inversely, his own entrance into the castle was to be as quiet as possible. If he was lucky, he could at least make it inside before he needed to perform any loud or attention grabbing magic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:41 am 
Site Admin

"This way," Said Gilgamesh as he motioned to the dock where a boat awaited along with that ever so strange ferryman. There were two more people waiting there, a young man and a woman.

"Heheheh. Passage across the lake? Are you sure none of you need me to take you across the river tonight,"asked the ferryman.

Gilgamesh approached the ferryman and offered him two gold pieces, glanced at the other two standing by the dock and then provided two more gold pieces. The Ferryman quietly took the pieces and gestured to one side with his hand inviting everyone aboard.

"Another pair of wizards? What do you seek by traveling to the castle," asked Gilgamesh.

The young man, with strangely silver almost bluish in the moonlight hair, turned to Gilgamesh.

"There's something of mine there," he answered.

"You think the power of Dracula can be yours, candidate," Gilgamesh asked.

"You can tell," the man asked.

"You are Nicola Geist. We studied you among other candidates. One of our own was quite taken with your potential. If you're here, I assume you're still planning on completing Slovadon's project?"

Geist looked down and away. "Slovadon left me to die, but that power is rightfully mine."

"I've seen the end of that path. It leads only to self destruction," Gilgamesh replied.

"I have someone counting on me. I'm not like those vampires, and their obsession with a new dark age," Geist responded back.

Gilgameshs hook his head. "That's what we all said when it began. When we, Dracula's inner circle accepted what we believed was the gift of eternal life."

Geist became defensive as he took a more hostile stance at Gilgamesh. "Do you intend to stand in my way?"

Gilgamesh turned away and stepped onto the boat. "I believe you'll only understand if you see the truth for yourself. But unlike me, you haven't gone so far that your life is beyond redemption. I however am already among the dead. I may walk, but as a vampire I exist only by taking the lives of others, and yet have none of my own. Would you do that to yourself? Would you do that to the one you claim to care for?"

Geist had no answer and quietly stepped onto the boat. "In any regard it sounds like you're here to fight against the other vampires. In that we have a mutual enemy."

"Indeed." Gilgamesh said simply.

Geist suddenly turned and looked up at the woman with him. "Are you coming, or are you going to pick now to stop following me?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:57 am 
Site Admin

"I'm with you all the way." Alice answered sharply. She glanced over to Kyrad and seemed surprised.

"Wait...if you're here. That...that must mean Drake and the others are here." Alice stepped onto the boat and shook her head. "Sheesh."

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:22 am 
Site Admin

Kyrad nodded. "He's making his presence known at the front gate. You're Alice, correct?"

He stepped onto the boat and looked over the two newcomers. Alice he was familiar with, if only by reputation. Nicola, however, he'd only heard of once. It was apparent now why Drake said he shouldn't be harmed. He seemed to completely disinterested in their mission as long as they stayed out of his way. And the way he talked about power, like it was something owed to him, rather than something earned, was sure to rub Kyrad the wrong way. It seemed inevitable that there would be some form of conflict between them before this was over.

Unfortunately, Kyrad owed Drake no favors. If Nicola compromised their mission, he'd be cut down like any other enemy. For the moment, he paid they boy no more attention than he did the vampire.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:53 am 
Site Admin

The ferryman pushed the raft forward, and began the voyage across the lake. They didn't catch much of a glimpse of the front gate as the ferry turned and went around toward the back of the island.

"Seems Del Lago is quiet tonight. Perhaps the dumb beast is smart enough to know not to come out to play when greater powers are at work. Say, do you hear thunder," said the Ferryman.

Something was causing the lakewaters to begin churning.

Something was rattling the boat, forcing everyone to get down. Gilgmesh drew a sword. "Something is coming."

Geist meanwhile held his hands out as they crackled with electricity. "Bring whatever it may be."

Geist got his wish as the waters sprayed upward. Gargantuan serpentine beast rose from the lake. Its scales shimmered silver, and as it rose a storm seemed to begin materializing from nowhere.

"I'd heard the dark lord could summon even the likes of Rahab...but even I didn't believe it to be true," Said Gilgamesh drawing a second blade.

The Ferrman didn't like the odds, and put his ore into the water, gave the ferry one push, and the craft began darting through the water, propelled by some unnatural force, Rahab giving chase.

"If you want to survive this, slow him down," Said the Ferryman, as the great serpent was quickly gaining on them.

-Boss Battle: Primordial Sea Beast: RAHAB-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:20 am 
Site Admin

"Looks like we have their attention," Kyrad thought to himself. If it had been just himself and Gilgamesh, they might have entered the castle unnoticed. But the four of them must have been too much to simply ignore. And to top it off, they were set upon by Rahab, the legendary sea-serpent. Well, if the enemy wasn't pulling any punches, neither should he.

Kyrad reached into his pocket, feeling around for the papers he'd stored there. "Red, blue...ah, green." He pulled the page out, unfolding the spell matrix he'd written on it. He began pouring in his magic, activating the green and white attack runes. The paper melted away, leaving an oversized ball of bright green light in his hand. He held it out, pointing straight at the pursuing beast, and shouted.

"Creeping Thunder!"

The magic shot forward, splitting apart and slamming into the beast at several different points. Each impact caused patches of vines to sprout, encircling the creature. In addition, the plants seemed to be emitting electrical shocks. The combined attack would continue to sap the energy out of Rahab, though how much it would slow him down in the meanwhile was yet to be seen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:54 am 
Site Admin

"Brynhilde, I call on your brilliance! Destrok, to enact my will of force upon another! Morpho! Send my spell to to the creature which seeks to harm us! Nordic Lightning!" Alice signed the spell with her hands, summoning a bolt of lightning to hit Rahab.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:46 am 
Site Admin

Alongside Alice, Geist was chanting. Moreover he was chanting the exact same spell, launching a matching lightning spell alongside her."

As the three lightning spells struck Rahab veered off and slipped below the waters. Had it broken off the chase?

As the ferry pulled up to the dock, Rahab burst up from the waves, shattering the wooden dock between the party and the rocky shore.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:13 am 
Site Admin

Rahab's appearance had caused quite a fuss on the surface of the lake. Kyrad waited for the waves to carry the boat to its highest point, then leapt from the apex and landed on shore. He turned, knowing the others would have a bit more difficulty reaching dry land. He cast his spell, firing a green magical bolt right at the ferry's stern. He twisted the spell, causing the magic to stretch between himself and the target, and on contact transformed it into strong thick vines. He wrapped the plants around his arm, freeing up his hands to cast again. He fired the same spell at the ground beneath him, causing a sturdy tree trunk to sprout and grow. When he touched the vines to the tree, they melded together, anchoring the ferry to shore.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:07 am 
Site Admin

Alice was quick on her feet. Immediately she cast her Brynhilde leveled flight spell and got into the air. She grabbed Geist and with what little strength she had, she brought him over to the shore.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:56 am 
Site Admin

Being dropped on the shore, Geist took a moment to protest his impromptu rescue. "Bah, I had him right where I wanted him, before you began manhandling me woman."

Rahab reared up the length of his body, proving to be much larger than he seemed with only his head poking out before. He could easily reach well up onto the shore from here.

Gilgamesh leaped from the boat last, his supernatural vampyric strength and lightness sending him far further than any mortal could go. He landed on Rahab's back, planting his blades into the beast's back to take hold, and then dashed up the creature's spine, balancing himself with his blades against its thrashings, crowned atop its head, and dove off, evading Rahab's snapping jaws, as he jumped for shore. He landed in the midst of the group, successfully.

They couldn't help but notice that the ferryman was now calmly rowing away unassailed by Rahab.

Geist held his palm up, as he walked forward. "Fine then, if lightning doesn't deter it, then try flame."

Geist quickly fired off an explosive fireball aligned with Salamand. Alice could likely recognize the casting technique was Drake's. Geist didn't so much know the spell, as he copied it entirely from Drake.

The ball of fire exploded as it struck Rahab but looked only to anger the beast. Gilgamesh grabbed Geist's coat and pulled him back before the giant sea beast's head came crashing toward him snapping at the ground, thankfully only getting a mouthfull of dirt.

"Quickly, into the castle you fool. We're here on a mission of stealth, not to do battle with every creature the castle has to offer. You'd be here for an eternity before you ever finished them all off," Gilgamesh advised as he directed the group toward a small wooden door, broken from its hinges by a previous visitor, the scorch marks making it obvious who it was.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:23 am 
Site Admin

Kyrad watched Gilgamesh drag Geist into the castle. He followed along, falling in line with Alice.

"He always like this?" he asked, He tried to keep the judgement out of his voice. His motivations were two fold: trying to get a feel for Geist's disposition, as well as trying to gauge Alice's own reaction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next