Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:46 am 
OMNIMOD

As long as you are still...you, Kia, we should be fine.

Xander's stomach ached. It must have been the stress of the situation, he thought.

Upon seeing Kia's vittles, however, he realized he had not eaten in a long while.

The slayer crossed the room, and sat near the soon-to-be vampire and pulled the remainder of his bread and meat from his satchel. After applying a generous number of cheese slices, he had himself a respectable sandwich.

In between bites, he made conversation.

Thho, what thhoud our planm of athack be? Xander asked, a bit of bread stuck to the roof of his mouth.

-Jobs: Slayer, Occultist, Mercenary
-Whip of Elements: (Gift of Power, Gift of Water)
-Weapons: Hunter's Knife (Short Sword), Blade of Gilgamesh (Long Sword), Couple's Blade (Bastard Sword), Sledgehammer Head (Hammer :p )
-Clothes: Thick cotton shirt with leather ties below the neck (long sleeved), Navy denim mining pants, Belt with side loop for whip, Faded red duster, Steel toed boots, Bronze Half-Plate Gauntlets(L&R), Copper Half-Plate Shin Guards(L&R), Steel Chest plate
-Misc.: Autopsy Tools, Oil Lamp (Full)
-Money: 157G (Birthday: April 29)
-Medicine Bag Items: Mother's Scarf, Cheese Block(x1/2), Sack of Veggies(x1), Canned Food(x2), Canteen(Full), Bag of Candy, Can Opener, Spoon, Knife, Fork, Bandage Roll(x1), Hidden History Scroll, Peculiar Flute, Used Moon Card.
-Recepies: Sandwich, Bananna Bread
-Reputation: Known as; “The Wolf with Puppy-Dog Eyes”, “The Marked One”, “Vampire Hunter”, ”Hero”, "Ultimate Alternate", "Guardian of Engaia"
-Completed Quests: Necrological Survey, Epic of Gilgamesh, Droll Patrol

-Biography (Containing Flaws/Benefits, and Autopsies)
This character is the intellectual property of holyice7.

[Spam bot post deletion count: 35]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

"Our first plan is to eat with our mouths closed." Kia chides Xander with a hoarse, throaty chuckle. "And I don't know what beyond that. I was almost able to take him out in a one-on-one, but I don't think he'll offer you the same decency he gave for me. And I don't particularly want to doubleteam him. He didn't have to give me that chance."

viewtopic.php?t=994

Weapons: Razor-edged shield; hooked hand axe; bolted sword; Krauser's knife; Gilgamesh's blade
Armor: Tabard; steel full-plate gauntlets/bracers; leather greaves/shoulder pads; crimson steel breastplate with gorget; steel-toed shoes
RP Things: Boat, Shack, Secluded cabin
Other items: Long jacket/cape/hood; smoked glasses
Foodstuffs: 2 smoked slabs of beef; 2 blocks of cheese
Money: 70g

Kia's Cabin

Quests Completed: Scavenger Hunt, Epic of Gilgamesh, Clearing House, Lost Love
Skills Learned: Axe Hook; Distance Attack (Level 4); Shield Distance Attack; Axe Flurry; Boomerang Attack; Grievous Blow; Crowd Control; Combined Fury; Flurry 30
Recipes: Sandwich

Other Characters: Dural (Alchemist/Warlock/Archer), Paulus Heller (Tamer/Warlock/Assassin), Giacamo Reggiano (Seer/Merchant/Mercenary)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:44 am 
OMNIMOD

Xander guzzled down a bit of water to clear his throat. A small stream flowed from one corner of his mouth and ran down his neck. He was polite, but etiquette in eating had never been his strong suit during his upbringing.

Are you suggesting you fight him alone? The tone in Xander's voice as he ejected his statement was clear; the idea did not appeal to him at all.

Kia, don't make this your personal fight. There is more at stake here than your pride. I doubt he would have let you live if he thought were too much of a threat alone.

-Weapons: Hunter's Knife (Short Sword), Blade of Gilgamesh (Long Sword), Couple's Blade (Bastard Sword), Sledgehammer Head (Hammer :p )
-Clothes: Thick cotton shirt with leather ties below the neck (long sleeved), Navy denim mining pants, Belt with side loop for whip, Faded red duster, Steel toed boots, Bronze Half-Plate Gauntlets(L&R), Copper Half-Plate Shin Guards(L&R), Steel Chest plate
-Medicine Bag Items: Mother's Scarf, Cheese Block(x1/2), Sack of Veggies(x1), Canned Food(x2), Canteen(Full), Bag of Candy, Can Opener, Spoon, Knife, Fork, Bandage Roll(x1), Hidden History Scroll, Peculiar Flute, Used Moon Card.
-Reputation: Known as; “The Wolf with Puppy-Dog Eyes”, “The Marked One”, “Vampire Hunter”, ”Hero”, "Ultimate Alternate", "Guardian of Engaia"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:19 am 
Site Admin

"Then we'll double-team if you're so inclined," Kia referred gracefully, "But as far as plans go, I don't believe in them. Things fall apart, Xander, no matter what you do."

viewtopic.php?t=994

Weapons: Razor-edged shield; hooked hand axe; bolted sword; Krauser's knife; Gilgamesh's blade
Armor: Tabard; steel full-plate gauntlets/bracers; leather greaves/shoulder pads; crimson steel breastplate with gorget; steel-toed shoes

Kia's Cabin

Skills Learned: Axe Hook; Distance Attack (Level 4); Shield Distance Attack; Axe Flurry; Boomerang Attack; Grievous Blow; Crowd Control; Combined Fury; Flurry 30

Other Characters: Dural (Alchemist/Warlock/Archer), Paulus Heller (Tamer/Warlock/Assassin), Giacamo Reggiano (Seer/Merchant/Mercenary)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:07 am 
OMNIMOD

Our plan of attack need only be that we stick to the ways we know to fight.

Xander bit on a clove of garlic from his sack of veggies, and another swig of water followed.

And don't let him single one of us out. I fight best in packs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:15 am 
Site Admin

((OOC: Fucking hell, I'm sorry. Poke me next time))

"And I fight best alone." Kia counters. "Whatever. If we do win, though, try to keep him intact long enough for me to talk to him first. There's some things I want to set straight."

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:29 am 
OMNIMOD

You humans and your pri...

Xander didn't finish muttering the end of the last word in his sentence. It dropped from his tounge, never to be seen again. 'Twould seem his mind mind had found an inopportune time to remember one of his previous promises.

Miss Kia... Xander said sweetly; it was, he thought, the first time he had ever been polite to someone this close to vampirism.

What do you plan on doing with Gilgamesh's sword after this battle?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:06 am 
Site Admin

"Depends on what happens to him." Kia nods towards the door, "And swords, there are two of them."

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:30 am 
Vampire Hunter

Two, hm? Xander contemplated the use of such a weapon.

While he daydreamed, he returned all his wayward items to his satchel.

As a thought about using a sword and whip simultaneously came to his mind, Xander's hand found something in his satchel. Pulling it out, he saw that it was the card with the moon on it he had plucked from the rope ladder earlier.

Closing his bag, he flipped the card playfully between his fingers.

-Jobs: Sorceress, Alchemist, Markswoman
-Default Alignment: White
-Weapons: Arma La Luz (Solar Lens), Blank Lenses, Short Sword
-Pack: Traveling Food (5 Days), Bread Loaf (1), Cheese Block (1), Sack of Veggies (1)
-Inn: Alchemic equipment, Alchemic rings
-Clothes: Poncho, Jeans, Boots
-Misc.: Gun Parts, Iodine Crystals (1qt), Distilled Ammonia (1qt), Twisted Branch, Cursed Bullets
-Money: 220G (My Birthday is April 29)
-Flaws: Limited Sorcery, Weapon Discharge, Weapon Maintenance
-Benefits: Gun Arm, Gun Tricks, Weapon Modification
-Sorceress Notes: Casting Capacity +10% Body Capacity +10%
-Recepies: Sandwich
-Completed Quests: None
This character is the intellectual property of holyice7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 am 
Site Admin

As Xander draws the card something strange happens. He isn't sure what, but the room is darker and the door is sliding open revealing a starlit sky above.

The door lets out out to the roof of the clock tower, still not fully risen. Behind them is the face of the massive clock, its hands pointing to midnight and shining brightly in the light of the full moon.

Someone is standing on top of the minute hand and suddenly jumps, landing against the stone roof producing almost no sound as if he had no weight at all. He was clad in a tunic and crimson cape, his face was pale and sported a beard. His hair, long and jet black.

He carried upon his back one single, massive sword, at least seven feet long with a hefty double edged blade. Gilgamesh.

His expression was not angry, nor cocky, or even forceful. He in fact looked rather melancholy.

He stared up at the starlit sky, and began to speak with no fear of the enemies in front of him. "Stars....are they the only thing that is eternal? Will even the stars one day grow dim and fade away? Have you ever looked up at the heavens and thought of this?

Time.....time is the worst monster of all. A beast, a predator that stalks us drawing ever closer with its teeth growing ever closer to our necks. Kia, you and I are so much alike. We can live outside of time. But what we have is only borrowed time. You are right, that my long life is only that taken from others.

Count Magrid Da Soliel speaks of his high and mighty dreams. An ever lasting kingdom of night. A perfect world without any need for gods. A kingdom of man. I, however, do not aspire to such high goals.

There is only one absolute. Life. It is the most valuable of all things. Yet mankind is willing to throw it away, to kill and to die, when life is already in such short supply."

Gilgamesh then looked to Kia.

"You look so much like her. Seeing your face reminded me of the true goal I had sought for all these centuries. To live forever is not enough. Not if it is but to live alone. I want more than that. What I desire is to overcome death, not merely escape it. If Dracula is restored to full power he can bring back to life even the long dead. That is true victory. To see my beloved wife, my daughter, my son. The turks may have killed them but killing those turks and their wives, and their children....that did nothing. It only added to the sadness. It was not long after that Dracula called upon me. Like he, I was a knight in the order of the dragon. He told me of the great power to overcome mortality that he had gained, and I readily gave myself over to that power, heart and soul.

And here I am, four centuries later and with what to show for it? Again we called upon Dracula, and again we lost him. Why do you stand in the way of our great Messiah? Do you not see that he only wants to help us overcome death? Every religion in the world makes that claim, but he...HE can achieve that, which has forever eluded mankind.

Now is a grim time. Don't you wonder why, so soon after our last attempt we vampires would call upon our master again? Somewhere in the back of your mind you must be asking yourselves this very question.

We vampires are not impatient. However something has gone horribly wrong. You see......Dracula is missing."

Gilgamesh's expression now had become grim, yet honest, telling of the truth within his statement. "Eight years ago that damnable Belmont, a child, an aged hunter, and the very son of one of our own, stormed this castle and attacked us at a critical juncture as our master realized the truth of who he was.

Now neither the spirit nor the body of Dracula can be found. You've seen that the castle is rising. It is expanding and its influence growing outward bringing chaos to the land. It too is searching for its master.

The three children you found are what can be called Dark Lord candidates. They were born with a tiny fraction of Dracula's power for some reason.

There are others as well. Sixteen years ago when the ritual to reincarnate Dracula in a new body was completed a few individuals absorbed his scattering power. Among them, we believe is the one you call the preacher in black Graham Drake as well as the parents of those three children. Eight years ago when our master was reborn six other children born on the same night also awakened to a portion of his power as well, and then we too mistook them for our master.

Our minions sensed the dark power of Dracula within those three children and brought them here, but none of them held the true spirit of Dracula. You may take them home....but those children are born of darkness. They might be better off here, where they can be among monsters such as themselves."

Gilgamesh finally drew his sword holding it easily in a single hand.

"This is your last chance. I do not wish to fight you. Kia, Xander. You two belong here, with us. Join me." Gilgamesh concluded his lengthy speech with that offer, outstretching his remaining empty hand.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:25 am 
Site Admin

"Oh Gilgamesh." Kia mutters to herself, drawing her axe, checking her breastplate, strapping her shield to her arm... and then walking over to Gilgamesh in a non-threatening manner, hooking her axe's bill over her shoulder and reaching out with her hand to gently clasp Gilgamesh's in her own. She uses it to draw herself closer to the vampire, all the time her head looking down at the ground.

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:02 am 
OMNIMOD

You don't know where I belong...

Xander's mind would have drifted again to his home city, but his attention was staunchly directed to Gilgamesh.

His whip at the ready, tipped with a blessed knife, and an array of Holy Weapons at his other fingertips, Xander was prepared to counter whatever may come.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:03 am 
Site Admin

Gilgamesh looked Kia in the eye, sternly. "You do look so much like my wife....she too was a warrior. And we met as enemies on the field of battle. And she.....

Gilgamesh said thrusting Kia back with the force of a horse's kick. "...Tried the same trick the first time we met."

Gilgamesh stepped back and lifted off the ground, levitating as dark energy swelled up around him.

"I had little expectation of either of you to sympathize with my cause, though I did think it best for you. This is fate, inevitable. We are enemies. You are who you are, and...."

Gilgamesh threw his sword into the air where it shattered. Its pieces flew about in the air and began to swirl around Gilgamesh and then infused into his skin as his shape changed.

He became larger, around eight feet tall, still roughly humanoid but his skin hardened into an armored shell, his fingers lengthened into dense serrated claws, his back sprouted huge leathery wings, while his neck lengthened and his head transformed completely, becoming distinctly reptilian, even Draconian with long curved horns, and sharp protruding fangs.

He landed now not with a light as a feather tap on the ground but a ground rattling crunch as the stone gave way beneath his talons sending cracks through the roof, though not nearly enough to break down the structure.

"....I am Gilgamesh. I can be nothing else." He said as his transformation was completed.

Yet he wasn't finished yet. Two horn like protrusions shot from his shoulder blades. He reached up grabbing them and yanking them out, revealing them to be the handles to two massive bone swords. They were curved like giant fillet knives with serrated edges, each one six feet long.

"This is my true form. We are all monsters. I am merely willing to show the truth of my nature. If you are truly anything but a monster the same as I then let this be our trial by combat. Prove yourself in battle. HAVE AT YOU!" Gilgamesh concluded the talking. Now there was only the fight.

He shot forward charging the party. Since Kia was thrown back earlier Xander is closer and about to take the brunt of Gilgamesh's attack.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:14 am 
Site Admin

"I wasn't going to-" Kia starts before she's slammed back, sending her rolling. Fortunately, however, she recovers into a crouch, getting back up with her axe in hand. She spins about, throwing a huge blast of air just to the left of Xander. She quickly steps into the space that her shield made, augmented by her new powers and the force of the suction of air; and there she stands ready with her hand axe, ready to throw it as soon as she got a good shot at Gilgamesh.

At the same time, she got into a bit of a lower crouch, ready to dodge and roll out of the way of the marauding vampire.

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:44 am 
OMNIMOD

Xander's keen ears pick up the sound of Kia's shield rattling. He remembered hearing it before at the drawbridge.

Taking note of this action, he launched two blessed axes at Gilgamesh (which would then be aided by Kia's blast) before running off to Kia's side of the area as fast as his legs would carry him.

This was a beast Xander didn't dare even think of coming any closer than a whip's length to.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next