Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Painful Questions (Open)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:14 am 
Vampire Hunter

It was a little after sunset. The last bit of the sun struggled to give the clouds an orange glow, but it was already dark.

A young girl stood in front of the church. Every so often, she would rub her brow and pull her long black hair out of her face. It seemed as if she was having a staring contest with the doors from afar; she stood at the edge of the property, a religious one might assume that was where the holy barrier ended.

Though that thought probably didn't cross any curious pedestrian's mind unless they thought she was a vampire.

"Certainly, the girl is a bit pale, and her eyes look a bit red" one passerby muttered to himself, still a bit scared after the zombie infestation, "but she could just be sickly. Yes, that must be it. She is short, after all, a possible sign of poor childhood health."

"Besides, a full fledged vampire in the middle of a populated town and not a drained corpse in sight? Impossible."

Despite what any scared villager wanted to believe, though, this girl was indeed a vampire. Though it wasn't blood she was after, it was information.

She took a step forward. It pained her to do so. Or was it pain?

'No,' she thought, reconsidering her lapse in power, 'this is just fatigue. I feel so heavy in this ward.'

Indeed she did feel heavier. Her vampyric powers were greatly weakened in the ward. As she shortened her distance from the church, the gun at her side began to rattle a bit before settling again.

As she placed her hand on the latch to open the door, it felt warm. It didn't burn her flesh, but it was uncomfortably warm.

Already annoyed at how long it had taken her to decide on coming here, she entered the church and shut the door behind her with a bit of a clatter that could easily be heard throughout the church.

She looked around to see if there were any men of the cloth she could speak to.

-Jobs: Sorceress, Alchemist, Markswoman
-Default Alignment: White
-Weapons: Arma La Luz (Solar Lens), Blank Lenses, Short Sword
-Pack: Traveling Food (5 Days), Bread Loaf (1), Cheese Block (1), Sack of Veggies (1)
-Inn: Alchemic equipment, Alchemic rings
-Clothes: Poncho, Jeans, Boots
-Misc.: Gun Parts, Iodine Crystals (1qt), Distilled Ammonia (1qt), Twisted Branch, Cursed Bullets
-Money: 220G (My Birthday is April 29)
-Flaws: Limited Sorcery, Weapon Discharge, Weapon Maintenance
-Benefits: Gun Arm, Gun Tricks, Weapon Modification
-Sorceress Notes: Casting Capacity +10% Body Capacity +10%
-Recepies: Sandwich
-Completed Quests: None
This character is the intellectual property of holyice7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:39 am 
Quest Master

((Purchased Holy Weapons))

Deacon stepped out from the side-room of the church and into the Sanctuary. His arm and back ached a bit from where his injuries had been just moments before, but he could already feel the Priest's magic healing them with every step. Father Gernhardt was quite the master of healing wounds, now if only the man could do something about his tattered clothes. Oh well, the bounty from his latest quest would have to serve that purpose.

Deacon rounded the final pew and stopped dead in his tracks as he saw the young woman enter through the double doors in the rear of the room. She was unusually pale, he could see that right away, and she looked to be quite uncomfortable... almost physically. He took a step toward her and paused, consciously removing his hand that had instinctively found the hilt of his weapon upon seeing her in this sacred place. His every instinct told him to do otherwise, but his experienced mind told him that the Lord would defend his church, even in this damned country.

Gritting his teeth and forcing the surprised distaste from his face, Deacon made a beeline toward her position and when he was close enough, he greeted her with the closest thing he could manage to a smile.

"Welcome, travellor. Is there anything I can assist you with?" He tried not to sound sarcastic, but he was sure this Vampire could sense his distrust of her before she even laid eyes upon him.

Classes: Slayer, Swordsman, Craftsman
Weapon(s): Sword, Serrated Scimitar
Armor: Leather Gauntlets (pair)
Money: 185Gold
Posessions: Fancy clothing, reinforced at the seams, Leather vest, spare clothes, Coat. Suit of Bronze Half-plate Armor, Pair of Bronze Half-plate Gauntlets/Bracers, 1 Rosary. 2 Holy Axes, 10 Holy knives, 1 vial of Holy water (1 pint), 0 Holy cross, 1 Oak stake, 1 Tent, 1 Canteen, 1 Map/compass combo, 3 Roll bandages, 1 Pair of flint, 1 set Sewing Needles/ Thread, Traveling Food:1 Days worth, 1 Bag of Candy, Nikolai's Silver Flask, Halloween Voucher
Quests Completed: 2
Item Crash: Knives(Lv.1), Axe(Lv.1), Cross(Lv.1), Holy Water(Lv.1), Garlic(Lv.1), Oak Stake(Lv.2), Good Book(Lv.1), Silver Stake(Lv.0)
Skills Record: "Righteous Indignation"(Lv.1), "Divine Rage"(Lv.1)
Bio/Skills Descrip: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1010

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:45 am 
Vampire Hunter

"You are strong, but I am not here for a fight. I want information."

Adriana noticed the man carried blessed weapons on his person. She would do best not to anger him here...

"Are you a slayer? Would you know anything about Dracula?"

-Pack: Traveling Food (5 Days), Bread Loaf (1), Cheese Block (1), Sack of Veggies (1)
-Misc.: Gun Parts, Iodine Crystals (1qt), Distilled Ammonia (1qt), Twisted Branch, Cursed Bullets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:53 am 
Quest Master

Deacon glanced about frantically, then closed the gap between he and the girl, clutching her by one arm and looking her in the eyes as he spoke.

"Shhh," he hissed, "That name is accursed, and it isn't proper to speak it in this sacred place. I-" Deacon composed himself, releasing his grip from the girl's armand glancing down at the floor before continuing.

"I apologize. I meant no ill will, nor do I wish to fight, especially not within these hallowed walls. Please, sit." He motioned toward a pew nearby, "I'll tell you everything I know. Please."

Posessions: Fancy clothing, reinforced at the seams, Leather vest, spare clothes, Coat. Suit of Bronze Half-plate Armor, Pair of Bronze Half-plate Gauntlets/Bracers, 1 Rosary. 2 Holy Axes, 10 Holy knives, 1 vial of Holy water (1 pint), 0 Holy cross, 1 Oak stake, 1 Tent, 1 Canteen, 1 Map/compass combo, 3 Roll bandages, 1 Pair of flint, 1 set Sewing Needles/ Thread, Traveling Food:1 Days worth, 1 Bag of Candy, Nikolai's Silver Flask, Halloween Voucher
Item Crash: Knives(Lv.1), Axe(Lv.1), Cross(Lv.1), Holy Water(Lv.1), Garlic(Lv.1), Oak Stake(Lv.2), Good Book(Lv.1), Silver Stake(Lv.0)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:11 am 
Vampire Hunter

The young vampire looked at the slayer with a look of determination in her ruby red eyes.

"I am sorry, I...would rather stand," she said with a fading Spanish accent, "it hurts to touch anything in here."

Adriana was a powerful vampire, having already consumed the power of another, as well as several other beasts that now resided in the Dark Lens of her gun. The way this man spoke down to her, however, made her feel like she had just gotten in trouble at home for breaking her mother's favorite jar.

In a way, she did long for her innocent childhood again.

"Please, sir; we fight the same battle. I need to know everything I can!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:56 am 
Quest Master

Deacon grimaced, but acquiesced to her reluctance. "Come with me then." He led the way back through the door of the church leading to the outside. Finding an out-of-the way spot nearby, he stopped to see if his new acquaintence had followed him outside.

"Alright," he started, "my name is Deacon, and I'm a member of the Hunter's Guild here in Veros. I'll do my best to tell you what little I know about Dracula." He began with what he knew of the monster's history as it is recorded in the annals of the Guild Hall. He spoke of the evil castle, its reappearance and it's brutal history. He spoke of the numerous times that vampire hunters had attempted to slay him, and failed. He then told her about the Belmonts, the founding of the guild, and finally the slow re-emergence of Dracula's unholy castle and his experience in the tower.

He then took a deep breath, noting the waning light of day as the sky above receeded into nightfall and then finished with, "Do you have any questions?"

Last edited by bingomanzero on Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:02 am 
Vampire Hunter

She absorbed all the information, far more than she thought she would get from one person. This Dracula must have been powerful to garner such a legend.

"I only want to know one more thing: where is he now?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:40 pm 
Quest Master

Deacon opened his mouth to answer, but said nothing. He then pursed his face in a thoughtful grimace then carefully responded.

"I don't know. I would assume, according to the legend my mentor taught me, that when he was destroyed eight years ago, his remains were scattered to the ends of the earth. Legend tells that his servants travel about collecting them for use in the next resurrection... but aside form that, I don't know. I'm not sure if anyone does. That's probably why he can be resurrected every few centuries or so; but all this is nothing but an educated guess on my part."

He shrugged, then stood to his feet(for he had been sitting on the grass as he spoke to her) and dusted himself off.

"Unless you have any other questions, I shall be heading off to purchase a few things before I retire to the tavern for the evening. You are welcome to join me..." Deacon paused, considering what he had just said and cursing himself for being so trusting, especially to an obvious vampire. He'd always been that way, naive to a fault, but then again, grace often times disguises itself in naivete.

"Yes, welcome to join me if you so desire, uh, I'm sorry, how very rude of me. I've been speaking all this time and not once did I ask your name."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:14 am 
Vampire Hunter

"I am sorry, but I don't think I want to attend any social events in this town. I'm afraid I would cause too much trouble."

When Deacon asked her name, the girl smiled. Once she realized her fangs showing, she pulled her knees in to her chest and rested her now frowning head on them.

"My name is Adriana Bala. If you are with the Guild, you may meet my sister Alona. She looks exactly like me, so do not be surprised. If you should meet her, please help her any way you can...I do worry about her."

Adriana stared into the horizon as the first light of the moon began to show through the clouds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:31 am 
Quest Master

Deacon did not attempt to hide his surprise at the girl's admission. "Your sister... is she a Dampiel as you?" His curiosity was both founded in fear as well as pity. Surely, if this were a set of twin vampires, there was no telling how old the pair could be, and that could be dangerous. If the girl were not vampire, this would mean that the one before him could be young... inexpeirenced and succeptible to the hunger in practically beastial ways.

Until he knew more, he'd have to take great care.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:41 am 
Vampire Hunter

Adriana cracked a small smile, but did not part her lips this time. She continued to stare off into the ether as she responded.

"She is no Dampiel, and neither am I. I am a vampire. My sister is human...though do not assume she is weak. After all, she did defeat the vampire that turned me."

Alona then retrieved her unique gun from its holster. Its black finish sheened in the moonlight, casting an unearthly glow on the black lens with an interesting symbol set in red.

She held the gun that the barrel pointed at Deacon, but her hand wasn't on the trigger; it was purely for display purposes.

"And his remains are here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:01 am 
Quest Master

Deacon's first instinct was to react with violence. How his hand longed for the touch of a holy weapon... but he grit his teeth and stayed his hand. Why?

Though his heart quickened, and he could feel a lump rise in his throat at the sight of the Vampire's weapon trained at his chest, he did not do more than flinch. He was relieved to see that she did not bear down on the trigger, but held the weapon out merely for display. Her words surprised him even more than the unholstering of her gun.

"You... what do you mean?" He stared at the thing incredulously, then up into her red, gleaming eyes, then back to the weapon. He'd never seen anything like it, and the bit of his craftsman father that was within him was awakened and captivated by it's engineering.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:37 pm 
Vampire Hunter

"His remains; I imbued the ashes he left behind into this lens with Alchemy. It adds a substantial boost to my powers of Sorcery."

Of course, Adriana left out a description of how she and her sister needed the lenses to use Sorcery of any kind.

"And that is why I am here," she said matter-of-factly, as she holstered her gun, leaving Deacon to put two and two together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:00 am 
Quest Master

Deacon was a little dissapointed at the replacement of her weapon back into its holster, but instead of pouting, something she had said occurred to him.

"Wait, did you say your sister slew the vampire that turned you?... then how is it that you are still...?"

Deacon was not sure about every aspect of Vampyric lore, and even more uncertain as to the authenticity of his strange visitor's story... he knew that as a Slayer, he'd need to know everything he could about Vampires and their lot. His learning was obviously incomplete, buyt he had a good excuse for that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:17 am 
Vampire Hunter

"Why am I still...a vampire?"

Now Deacon had given her something to ponder. For all her master, Warren De La Rue's fear of Vampires, he had never said much about them other than common knowledge; hating garlic, weak to blessed items...

It did make some sense. If the vampire was killed, should the curse have been broken?

It didn't truly matter to Adriana. Whatever the cures were for this, she did not want to know them.

"I do not know, and I do not care."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next