Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Droll Patrol (Set Up)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:08 am 
OMNIMOD

The Guild Rep that was going to breif the party on their mission was standing outside the fence of the church, just outside the ward. Just as one would expect of the eclectic group that actually worked directly for the guild this guy was odd. He was done up in a series of armor pieces that were both obviously made especially for his body and also obviously years past the day they were supposed to be replaced with something newer. The armor consisted of a pair of greives that covered his shins and the tops of boots, a steel tasset that doubled as a belt to hold up his leather pants, and a full armlet that covered his right arm and most of his chest above his ribcage.

In addition to that he had a bandolier across his chest studded with exasperatingly large shotgun shells that were apparently for the intimidatingly huge shotgun he was holding in his folded arms. The thing was double barreled with engraved words set off with a bright red outline that read "Murd'ren Gun." A fairly large double headed battle ax with half moon shaped blades was resting on the ground beside him, handle proped against his leg. Like the gun it was engraved, only it said ""Murd'ren Ax." His tasset held several vials of some kind of red liquid . German on the metal that protected his left leg read "Ich trinke nur das Blut meiner Feinde."

However, it didn't take fluency in German to make a good guess at what the vials were filled with. One look at this guys face and it was easy to tell he was a Dampiel. Unlike the average Dampiel though he looked far older, more in his late early to mid 40's. Gray hair in a crew cut, green eyes, impecibly groomed goatee, stern scowl, perfect posture . . . Dampiel or not this guy had spent a great deal of time in the military. Any one with the ability to see magic was see glowing letters carved into his left arm that read "Sarge," where as anyone who couldn't would just see his bare, well muscled left arm, blemish free.

As any guild rep would do he waited patiently for everyone to gather, though he appears to have been getting annoyed far before the first person arrives.

Name: Dyne Ralley -- Human
Reputation- Big Brother, Man with Monkey on his back, Savior
Classes: Swordsmen, FistFighter, Occultist
Gold: 97

Weapons: Katana, Double Bladed Wakizishi, Attack Fan, Serrated Saber, Boot Dagger, Sledge Hammer's Sledge Hammer, Kogarasu Maru, Mugen Sword

--Food Items:
--Items: Bandage Roll, Local Histroy Book, 2 Packs Modern Matches, Oil Lantern, 1 Quart Lamp Oil, 1 Tourch, 3 Strange Crystals, Golden Silverware Set, Sledge Hammer's Quartz
--Clothing/Armor: Tabbard, Full Mantel Chainmail, Leather Armor (painted red), Scaloped Steel Full Plate Bracers, Sword Link Chain, Steel Toed Boots, Red Long Coat

Inn:

Quests Completed: Rescue Party, Snippity Snap
Sword Moves: Flawless Ellegence (Lv3) - Thunder Bolt Cut
----------------------------------------
Name: Rau Mavia -- Man Beast (Ox)
Nickname: Rocky
Classes: Brute, Swordsmen, Fistfighter
Gold: 7G

--Food Items: 19 Cans of Food, 1 Giant Handled Can Opener, Cast Iron Pan
--Other Items: 10 Matches, 1 Bandage Roll, Map & Compass
--Clothing: Extra Long Extra Large Heavy Cape, Giant Sized Comforatble Shoes

Quests: 0
Lifting Max: 2,020Lbs
Sword Moves: Wicked Juggler
-------------------------------------
Name: Ryan Durant -- Human
Nickname: RD
Classes: Swordsmen, Slayer, Occultist
Gold: 5G

--Food Items: 6 Days Traveling Food, 2lbs Coffee Beans
--Other Items: 6 Reload Cylinders for Heavy Revolver, 24 Additional Heavy Revolver rounds, 24 Shotgun Shells (12 Scatter, 12 Slugs), 20 Blast Sword Rounds, 10 Holy Knives, 2 Holy Axes, 1 Cross, 1 Oak Steak, 18 Matches, 4 Bandage Rolls, Telescope, Map & Compass, Pouch of Silver Dust
--Clothing/Armor: Vatican Leather Armor

Misc: Empty Vial for Holy Water

Sword Moves: Fireworks
----------------------------------------------

Bot Post Deletion Count: 35

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:54 am 
Site Admin

Jennifer looked back at Sledgehammer who was once again trapped outside of the holy ward. He slammed his sledgehammer into the ward fruitlessly wanting to stand by Jennifer's side. She sighed to herself, shaking her head and brushing the bangs out of her eyes.

She looked over at the dampiel. "Sarge...?" she whispered lightly, confused. Shrugging, she stood nearby waiting for the others to arrive. One that piqued her interest was Graham Drake. The Preacher in Black, she thought to herself, I've heard so many rumours and picked up so many objects that tell of his adventures...

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:03 am 
Warrior

Sorin strolled up to the Church and at the sign of only two people there, assumed he was early. Sighing he looked over at the rather large man there, and gave a nod to show he acknowledged his presence.

The man's weapons slightly unnerved him, his hand fiddling with the pommel
basket saber at his side. As he stepped through the church's ward, he was only slightly calmed, sitting down near the fence, and glancing over to the girl, giving her a polite nod.

Weapons: Pinfire Sword (Loaded with 6 .30 Bullets), Flintlock Dagger-Pistol.
Sub-Weapons: Knife x5, Axe x2, Vial of Holy Water, Cross, Stake, Mallet, Garlic Laurel.
Money: 2g 9s
Pack: 16x .30 Bullets, 6x Blocks of Cheese, Roll of Bandages (Full) ,2x Canned Food, Can Opener, Autopsy tools, 0x Silver Bullets. Holy Tree Bark Dagger, Two 3ft long Oni Horns, 3x Traveling Food, Quart of Gunpowder, Bag of Musketballs(20), New Clothes, Tobacco Tin (2oz), Cigarette Paper (20), Modern Matches (12), Liquid Courage, Leather Armor.
Armor: Bronze Full Plate Gauntlets.
Quests Completed: Droll Patrol
Skills Learned: Sharpshooting, Weapons Maintance, Analysis, Forbidden languages,
Exorcism/purification, Reloading
Flaws: Jinx, Intolerance, Otherworldly Taint, Mark of Engaia
Benefits: Unnatural Luck, Exotic Weapon Proficency, Analytical, Mark of Engaia
Autopsies: Spider-Lady, Oni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:10 am 
Vampire Hunter

Ricky came to the church with his newly purchased Full Copper bracers on his arms and his weapons and one day of travelers food in tow. Walking towards the church, Ricky could feel the ward the church has around it.

Ricky walked next to the lady with the rather evil looking ghost next to her unphazed by what he saw. He heard the girl whisper the word on the Sarge's arm. "So you can see it too huh? I guess you know you have a ghost following you around to."

Items: 30 normal Bullets, Alternate Outfit, Quick Combo Pamphlet, Amber-Set Insect Pendant, Smoked Turkey Drumstick, Fruit Cake
Weapon: Harpoon(Inlayed with Silver), Short sword, Custom 9 shot revolver, Rat Flail, Billhook, Serpent Fang(Hell Knight Pole arm)
Equipment: Full Copper Plate Bracers x 2, Leather Armor, Full Hell Knight Armor(Not attached or worn together)
Money:176 gold
Alignment: Neutral
Special Moves
Piercing Snake Reel, Sniping Impaler Snake, Vicious Snake Bite, Two more Specials
Quests completed: Droll Patrol, Hell's Armory
Reputation:Front Line Fighter, Likes The Thick of It, Brings The Smite, Guardian of Engaia
viewtopic.php?t=1225
--------------------------
Character Name: Reggie Falkenrath
Species: Human
Classes: Mentalist, Seer, Marksman
Items: Tobacco Tinx2, Cigarette paperx2, Modern Matchesx2, Notebook, Bandages, 5x Empty Bottles, Smoked Turkey Drumstick, Fruit Cake, Can Opener, Canned food, Torch, Travelers Food(1), Very Fine French Wine, 20x Normal Bullet, 20 Musket Balls with a horn of gunpowder
Weapon: 6 shot Revolver, Tri-Spike Dagger, 20x Throwing Knives, Unnamed Long Rifle
Equipment: Tabbard
Money: 57 gold 7 Silvers 5 Copper
Alignment: Hero
Quests completed: Skullduggery, Kill Team
viewtopic.php?f=25&p=12934#p12934

Last edited by Iggy Ziggy on Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:06 am 
Site Admin

"Oh yes....that spectre has been following me for years...ever since I was a little girl...I'm twenty-two now so we get along now..." Jennifer spoke icily to Ricky. "Now...would you please leave me alone? And leave him alone too..."

Jennifer nodded her head to Sledgehammer who looked ready to murder Ricky if it weren't for the holy ward keeping him out. "He'll kill you..." she said quietly before turning away from him.

(Edit: Sorry about that Ricky! I just read through it again...my bad)

Quest/ORP currently on:

Last edited by Nanashi on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:49 am 
Warrior

(OOC: Ricky is coming since Arthen is a ghost I think. So "officially" only four people went. But including the ghost, five are coming.)

Sorin has long sense drowned out the rest of the world, only giving a passing glance to Ricky as he approched before turning his attention back to his hands. He had recently removed his basket pommeled saber from it's sheath, and bent it foward, his fingers moving nimbly as he fiddled with something inside, checking the calibration of the revolving mechinism, before reinserting the six .30 calibur rounds into it and giving it a good spin. Though to anyone infront of him, it looked as if he was shoving bullets into his sword, which had popped off it's hilt.

As he worked he made small comments about the time, and wanting to leave before he reached old age, but they were never finished, his voice trailing off, as fingers passed through his hair and then went back to work playing with the sword. After a few moments though, he closed it all up and returned the blade to it's scabbard, glancing around to see if anyone new had joined, before pulling out his dagger and proceeding to fiddle with that, muttering about needing to buy gunpowder and pellets next time he can.

Sub-Weapons: Knife x5, Axe x2, Vial of Holy Water, Cross, Stake, Mallet, Garlic Laurel.
Pack: 16x .30 Bullets, 6x Blocks of Cheese, Roll of Bandages (Full) ,2x Canned Food, Can Opener, Autopsy tools, 0x Silver Bullets. Holy Tree Bark Dagger, Two 3ft long Oni Horns, 3x Traveling Food, Quart of Gunpowder, Bag of Musketballs(20), New Clothes, Tobacco Tin (2oz), Cigarette Paper (20), Modern Matches (12), Liquid Courage, Leather Armor.
Skills Learned: Sharpshooting, Weapons Maintance, Analysis, Forbidden languages,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:31 am 
Site Admin

Step, step, tap. Step, step, tap. The sound of someone using a walking stick, approached the church. His figure was covered in a black cloak, his head covered by a hat, brim pulled low over his face, only showing the tip of his chin and whisps of long chessnut hair, walking using a long staff mace, as a walking stick. Across his chest a crucifix bounced about with each step.

His magical aura, burning with his frequently used red magic betrayed his otherwise frosty demeanor.

He didn't offer any hail to the group until he grew close. It was obvious who they were, and anyone worth allying with, should be able to gather that by the purposeful nature of his walk that he was one of them.

He stopped briefly as he passed the ghost dubbed "Sledgehammer". A lingering spirit, filled with rage, hatred, anger, sorrow, regret. Said Drake without even turning to face the spirit.

He brushed a hand over his crucifix and crossed his chest before extending his hand to the spirit beginning an exorcism. "Depart this place and go to your eternal rest. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, requiem en....."
Drake stopped before completion realizing that the woman ahead was talking about this very ghost. "Ah....my apologies. I did not realize you had reason for being here." He said in a constant monotone as he walked through the ward and approached the party.

He sighted Arthen's lingering spirit as well and commented to himself that there were quite a lot of lingering spirits about lately. He addressed the party. "I am Graham Drake. And you are?" Drake said. It wasn't necessary. Drake had already checked the names of his allies at the guild, and he could read the invisible "Sarge" tattoo, but it was only fair to give everyone a chance for proper introduction.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

"Jennifer Hamilton." a small smile not known to appear on her face did so. She had used her seering abilities awhile before and had caught a glimpse of Graham Drake in action.

"As you can tell, my friend of there, Sledgehammer as I call him, has a bit of a temper. He never went to church in his life as a mortal I'm guessing." Jennifer placed her hands on her hips. "Exorcising him is know use...he's at a level far beyond what I've ever seen before and I have reason to believe he is bound to my own soul, like inhabitating the same body almost. Please...bear with my companion and I...and don't try to exorcise him."

Pausing for a moment, she reached out her hand and offered a shake. "Sorry about the little story there. I look forward to working with a fellow exorcist." The smile on Jennifer's face was genuine.

Quest/ORP currently on:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:27 pm 
Vampire Hunter

"Sledgehammer huh? He can't hurt me." Turning to face the person known as Drake, an inquisiter, Ricky noticed another ghost just outside the ward. He thought to himself, [Just as long as none of them ask me for a favor I'm good.]

Ricky noticed that it was introduction time. "I'm Ricky Mochi, I'm not an exorcist like the two of you, but I do work with beings from beyond that normal humans couldn't comprehend." He noticed a snake creeping up on Jennifer and going in to strike her in the ankle. Acting quickly kicked the ground and the Snake turned quickly and came next to him.

Kneeling down Ricky picked up the snake in one hand and made it go away from the group to search for some mice. "So what happens now?"

Items: 30 normal Bullets, Alternate Outfit, Quick Combo Pamphlet, Amber-Set Insect Pendant, Smoked Turkey Drumstick, Fruit Cake
Weapon: Harpoon(Inlayed with Silver), Short sword, Custom 9 shot revolver, Rat Flail, Billhook, Serpent Fang(Hell Knight Pole arm)
Equipment: Full Copper Plate Bracers x 2, Leather Armor, Full Hell Knight Armor(Not attached or worn together)
Money:176 gold
Alignment: Neutral
Special Moves
Piercing Snake Reel, Sniping Impaler Snake, Vicious Snake Bite, Two more Specials
Quests completed: Droll Patrol, Hell's Armory
Reputation:Front Line Fighter, Likes The Thick of It, Brings The Smite, Guardian of Engaia
viewtopic.php?t=1225
--------------------------
Character Name: Reggie Falkenrath
Species: Human
Classes: Mentalist, Seer, Marksman
Items: Tobacco Tinx2, Cigarette paperx2, Modern Matchesx2, Notebook, Bandages, 5x Empty Bottles, Smoked Turkey Drumstick, Fruit Cake, Can Opener, Canned food, Torch, Travelers Food(1), Very Fine French Wine, 20x Normal Bullet, 20 Musket Balls with a horn of gunpowder
Weapon: 6 shot Revolver, Tri-Spike Dagger, 20x Throwing Knives, Unnamed Long Rifle
Equipment: Tabbard
Money: 57 gold 7 Silvers 5 Copper
Alignment: Hero
Quests completed: Skullduggery, Kill Team
viewtopic.php?f=25&p=12934#p12934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:31 am 
Site Admin

Drake politely removed his hat before greeting Ms. Hamilton. He remarked that she was a tad tomboyish but most of the women in the guild tended to be, and accepted her handshake, like any man. It didn't stop him from removing his hat though.

Beneth his eyes were revealed. They were azure in color. Steely, cold, and showing the wear and tear of a man who'd seen too much. Their depth was almost unearthly. If only they knew what his eyes could see.

"The things beyond the sense of man..." He said to Mochi. "...are a blessing that they go unseen. Do not peel back the layers too far. What is seen cannot be unseen, what is known can not be forgotten." Drake didn't let on any more than that cryptic statement. Revealing the full extent of his horrific visions would bring only either too much curiosity, or accusations of lunacy. What lunacy he wished they were.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:37 am 
Site Admin

"The spirits around here are too vague...I can't sense the ghost of Arthen too clearly...Must be the whole holy ward here." she whispered quietly. "Other than that, we're all here."

She looked to the dampiel, their guild rep. Jennifer waited politely though she could not get the look of Drake's eyes out of her mind. Something must have happened to him, she thought, something I've yet to see....Oh goodness am I blushing? No way, I'm...just awed by his presence that's all...Preacher in Black my goodness, to work alongside such a myth.

Quest/ORP currently on:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:49 pm 
Warrior

Sorin sat back while the various introductions were being tossed about. Waiting for all the polite nessecities to finished, and the large Dampiel to begin the full mission briefing. Sighing some he leaned back against the fence, glancing at the others once more. He reconized Drake, worked with him for about. . . five minutes.

A chuckle passed his lips as he closed his eyes, leaving the others to their pleasantries, silently remembering the names of the ones he could see at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:57 am 
Adventurer

Yes, he was lingering about in the background feeling a little to out of place to be considered a member of the group, since having a body seems to be the only requirement and he fails at it. He floated gingerly next to sledgehammer outside the ward, seeing what a hard time sledgehammer was having, he decided not to try and force his way into the church and rather listened intently from outside, staring at the Dampiel with engravings about his person.

"I want that body..." is all he could think while everyone was conversing. The dampiel just sweat strength and cried power to him, almost...idolizing him as it where.

Weapons: Dual Stealth Katars
Money: 50G
Posessions: Dual Stealth Katars
Personal: Big brown cloak
Armor: None, all cloth
Attire: Sneaking clothes, Big brown cloak
Quests completed: 0

Qualities/Abilities: Sneak, Treasure Sense, Pick pocketing, Physical Prowess, Pathsmanship.

Class 2 Abilities/Qualities: Air Attacks, Projectile Attacks, Physical Prowess

Sub-Class Qualities: Dexterity, Mechanical Knowledge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:03 am 
OMNIMOD

[]Yall really need to read everything I post, not just speed read or skim. Either that or pay attention.[]

The problem everyone seemed to have was that they though Sarge was standing inside the Church's Holy Ward when infact he wasn't. Being who he is and what he's done over the course of his life, not to mention his view of God he couldn't get inside that ward if his life depended on it. So, everyone was outside the ward, with the Specters. Dispite the fact that Sledgehammer seemed to be a rough customer Sarge was not phased by him in the least. However, Arthen tweeked his patience in just the wrong way.

After a couple minutes of silence Sarge brought his shotgun up to level and let a canister of Scatter Shot fly at the two specters. The report of the gun sounded like a lightning bolt splitting the trunk of a twenty foot diameter tree. No one hears anything for a good minute afterwards, except the Specters, however, they've got their own problems. There was something about the ammo Sarge was using, it somehow rent the two specters like one would imagin it would do to a living being. They would feel pain as though they still had their bodies and their specteral forms would have holes in them. However, after a couple moments they'd reform, the pain would subside and everyone would get their hearing back. When it all faded Sarge finally spoke.

"I'm gonna do that again if you two don't either stop fuckin around or stop eye ballin' me!"

He then reloaded his gun and looked at the party members with physical form.

"Now, you're the patrol group I take it. You'll need this."

Sarge withdraws a map from under a fold in his shoulder pauldron and hands to the group. He didn't care who took it, but when they did he spoke again.

"The red dot is where the Holy Tree is located. Once you water it follow the path indicated as best you can. The Guild isn't really particular on strictly you follow the patrol lines, just so long as you make the rounds and investigate the areas they want you to."

Name: Dyne Ralley -- Human
Reputation- Big Brother, Man with Monkey on his back, Savior
Classes: Swordsmen, FistFighter, Occultist
Gold: 97

Weapons: Katana, Double Bladed Wakizishi, Attack Fan, Serrated Saber, Boot Dagger, Sledge Hammer's Sledge Hammer, Kogarasu Maru, Mugen Sword

--Food Items:
--Items: Bandage Roll, Local Histroy Book, 2 Packs Modern Matches, Oil Lantern, 1 Quart Lamp Oil, 1 Tourch, 3 Strange Crystals, Golden Silverware Set, Sledge Hammer's Quartz
--Clothing/Armor: Tabbard, Full Mantel Chainmail, Leather Armor (painted red), Scaloped Steel Full Plate Bracers, Sword Link Chain, Steel Toed Boots, Red Long Coat

Inn:

Quests Completed: Rescue Party, Snippity Snap
Sword Moves: Flawless Ellegence (Lv3) - Thunder Bolt Cut
----------------------------------------
Name: Rau Mavia -- Man Beast (Ox)
Nickname: Rocky
Classes: Brute, Swordsmen, Fistfighter
Gold: 7G

--Food Items: 19 Cans of Food, 1 Giant Handled Can Opener, Cast Iron Pan
--Other Items: 10 Matches, 1 Bandage Roll, Map & Compass
--Clothing: Extra Long Extra Large Heavy Cape, Giant Sized Comforatble Shoes

Lifting Max: 2,020Lbs
Sword Moves: Wicked Juggler
-------------------------------------
Name: Ryan Durant -- Human
Nickname: RD
Classes: Swordsmen, Slayer, Occultist
Gold: 5G

--Food Items: 6 Days Traveling Food, 2lbs Coffee Beans
--Other Items: 6 Reload Cylinders for Heavy Revolver, 24 Additional Heavy Revolver rounds, 24 Shotgun Shells (12 Scatter, 12 Slugs), 20 Blast Sword Rounds, 10 Holy Knives, 2 Holy Axes, 1 Cross, 1 Oak Steak, 18 Matches, 4 Bandage Rolls, Telescope, Map & Compass, Pouch of Silver Dust
--Clothing/Armor: Vatican Leather Armor

Misc: Empty Vial for Holy Water

Sword Moves: Fireworks
----------------------------------------------

Bot Post Deletion Count: 35

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:12 am 
Site Admin

(OOC: Sorry about that Dyne! I was a little over excited by the quest, I made the first mistake and as expected everyone followed my example....*puts her hands out to be slapped*)

Jennifer took the map and looked at Sarge with cautious eyes. She then walked over to Sledgehammer. The spectre was down to his knees, throbbing in pain. His mouth moved though no words came out. Could he be cursing the dampiel? Jennifer couldn't tell exactly.

"It's okay, you'll be fine." she soothed the spectre. "Stop acting like a baby and stand up. You killed what, thirty people and you're complaining about a little shot?"

Sledgehammer stood up slowly, still grimacing in pain. Jennifer felt it too, a sudden pain in her own heart. Though it probably didn't hurt as much as Sledgehammer's injury did...it still bothered her. Biting her lip and shaking the throbbing in her head, Jennifer showed the map to the group.

Quest/ORP currently on: