Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Services Offered
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:21 am 
Site Admin

In the church, Feather sat in a chair beside Ramona who laid on a bed in one of the unused rooms. She had in her lap a novel and on the bedside table was a large bowl filled with ice water. Nearby, Mina from the Inn was watching Ramona curiously. She had met her previously when she first returned to Veros and had become good acquaintances with her.

"So, you're saying once that Ramona tried making friends with someone and they chased her around the inn because she was a sigil?" Feather asked Mina curiously.

Mina nodded in response. "Yes. That's how we met actually. She asked me to hide her from a warlock that was passing through Veros. When he asked Ramona for help, that's what she thought he needed. You know, help? She didn't realize that he wanted to bond with her as a sigil. I hid her in the storeroom." Mina giggled a little bit.

Feather frowned a little, as if she were reminded of something unpleasent. She then glanced up and looked around. "I wonder if the Father is here...Or if Kyrad would care to visit. Thank you for the clean clothes Mina."

The phantom girl grinned. She had been able to get the dirty clothes off of Ramona and dressed her up in something pretty. It was just a simple purple lace top with a long black skirt with more lace. Mina had said that Ramona suited that style of wear.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

Post subject: Re: Services Offered
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:59 am 
Site Admin

"It seems we've had quite a number of unusual visitors lately." Said a warm fatherly voice from a nearby doorway. Enter father Gerdhardt, the priest of this church. He'd been away for some time, having returned just recently.

He was tall, and broad of shoulders, his jaw square. He looked to be built like a warrior, strong and stern looking, but one look at his fatherly face and kindly smile showed a gentle demeanor that radiated warmth.

He approached the girls and stood next to them, and looked down at Ramona. "She looks to have been through a great ordeal" he said holding his hands over Ramona. They emitted a warm white glow.

He lowered his hands, and the glow faded as he shook his head. "All I can do is speed the healing of her physical wounds. But whatever causes her to sleep is not entirely related to her physical health."

Gerhardt looked to Feather. "Forgive my manners. I am Father Gerhardt. And what might be your name miss?"

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:06 am 
Site Admin

"My name is Amelia Il'Altos, but I've recently been dubbed Feather around these parts so I've been going by that." Feather curtsied. "You've surely heard of Ramona right? Or perhaps you can tell by looking at her. She's a Freija, but given a human form. Recently she was exposed to dangerous temperatures in a fire and suffered nearly fatal wounds at the hands of a vampire."

Feather glimpsed over to Ramona and then back at the Father. "It's my belief that her body's healing is dealing directly with her body temperature. That's why she's asleep. You know blood is warm to touch when freshly spilled...perhaps they cut off her extremities and kept a core body temperature so as to cool herself down faster?"

Looking up at Gerhardt, she blushed deeply. "Of course, I'm still an acolyte in training so it's all just based on observation."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:19 am 
Site Admin

Father Gerhardt nodded. "I realized from the beginning that this girl wasn't quite human. Though I've met quite a few individuals who aren't entirely human as of late. Some good, some evil.

Her body is human, but it conflicts with the very nature of her spirit. Somehow she's managed to live her life by striking a balance between her own affinity for the cold, and her body's human biology. Amazing really. Creation is filled with such fascinating individuals."

Father Gerhardt turned away from Ramona leaving her to rest. "And you yourself seem to be quite learned. You've done well so far. If you should wish to continue your training, I would be more than willing to take you in as my student. That is if you aren't apprenticing to someone else already."

The father looked around the room to be sure no one else had joined him. "Though to be honest, this may not be the best time. This village will come under attack very soon, and I'd rather innocents not be entangled in the conflict. Tell me, where is it you come from? Have you any place to go?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:25 am 
Site Admin

"I was apprenticed to someone once..." Feather held her hands clasped in front of her. "They've passed on sadly in the attack that brought me to Ramona here. I'd be honored though, Father Gerhardt to learn from you." She smiled sadly. "And no, I have no place to go. No family...My home is naught but a burned up hole in the ground thanks to that cursed woman and her dragons..."

Feather glanced to Ramona then back again. "I owe my life to her. Tell me, Father Gerhardt, could a relationship exist between a sigil and a person? Even if they're cold to the touch? Is it possible perhaps that a sigil could perhaps build tolerance?"

She paused and remembered that the Father would have no idea what she was talking about. "...You see, she's either in love or just smitten by this man. Have you heard of him perhaps? Kyrad Darkspawn was his name." She glanced to Mina who held Ramona's knitting bag on her lap and then back to Gerhardt. "Is it...possible for love to exist...?"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:54 am 
Site Admin

Gerhardt placed a hand on Feather's shoulder. "A good many things are possible in this world. Even if there is great misfortune, pure love can overcome any obstacle. Lord willing, love will always find a way."

Gerdhardt stood up again, and turned around. "Now then, I must warn you. If you stay here, you'll be in great danger, but I'll do my best to help you prepare. Your talents for healing are quite remarkable already, and there are those who will need help. If you're willing I'd like to ask your aid in the coming battle. I am not a man of war, I'm afraid, but for those who are willing to fight against evil, I will always provide my services, and this church will be a sanctuary to all who need it. If you need a place to take shelter you will have it. I'm afraid there isn't much to offer. But there are warm beds to sleep in, and three meals a day." He explained.

The door squeaked as it was slowly pushed open. From behind a small figure emerged. A little girl emerged. She was dressed in a white sleeping gown and clutching a plush bear. Her hair was long and sunshine yellow. But she looked sickly. Her skin was white as a sheet, too pale to be natural. Feather would find it unnervingly familiar. "Big brother, are you here?" She asked sleepily.

The father turned to her. "I'm sorry Fiona, he's out right now. But we do have other visitors you might like to meet."

Fiona rubbed the sleep from her eyes and brightened up a bit. "Oh? New visitors." Fiona said as she came closer. She approached Feather. "Pleased to meet you. My name is Fiona Aves. Do you know my big brother?" She said giving a curtsy. As she spoke, at this range Feather could see a pair of long white fangs in Fiona's mouth.

"My big brother is named Graham Drake. I know we don't have the same last name...well he's not really my brother, but I call him that because he's so brave and strong, and he protects me. I'm sure you've heard of him. Everyone knows his name because he's the strongest person there is, and because of all the people he's helped." Fiona rambled on showing a sudden burst of energy.

"You must excuse her sudden burst of talkativeness. Fiona hasn't had much company lately. It seems she's taken quite a shine to you." The father said with a smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:11 am 
Site Admin

"Yep!" Mina chimed in. "And Graham Drake is gonna marry my sister Jenny!" Mina grinned at Fiona. "We'll be like sisters and such!"

Feather blinked, stunned and curious about Fiona and Mina. It was strange to her at first that a phantasm was helping her out due to being friends with Ramona, but now there was a child one bite away from becoming a vampire. Gerhardt's and Mina's reactions though revealed that Fiona was known about for quite some time and seemed to be in Gerhardt's care. Since she was now under Gerhardt's tutelage, she couldn't necessarily speak out against it...could she?

Obliging in Gerhardt's request though, Feather turned to Fiona. "Can you tell me more about them? Your brother Graham Drake and his fiancee?"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:46 am 
Site Admin

Fiona continued seemingly unaware of Feather at all being offput by her appearance. "Oh yes, Miss Jennifer and big brother are going to be married soon. And What's even better is they say I can be at the wedding, because I'll be better by then. It's wonderful that Miss Jennifer is helping too. They're both strong, brave, and amazing people. I don't think anyone else is strong enough to be with my big brother."

Fiona opened her mouth and tugged on one corner to show her fangs, apparently not aware they weren't entirely obvious. "See I got big by this bad vampire. But big brother is super smart, and he found a way to keep me from changing until he kills that mean old vampire so I can get better. And then I can go out in the sun, and we can be a family." Fiona explained.

Fiona held her head down. "I hope he hurries. I have to sleep all the time now. I slept through Christmas...and food tastes like sand now....and I keep biting my tongue with these stupid sharp teeth."

Perking back up Fiona resumed her gushing. "But there are so many people fighting for me now. Miss Jennifer is almost as strong as big brother. Almost as strong anyway. No one's as strong as big brother though, but she's still really strong. She learned magic from my brother, and she can see into the future, and she's really good with a bow. And then there's Mr. Xander who can use a whip like the famous Belmonts, and Mr. Valcior who's really good with swords, and even this boy with a spear...axe thingie who looks skinny but brother says he's strong too and has a secret power no one knows about. Oh also....there's this boy I kind of like...There's so many good people here."

Fiona finally realizing she was carrying on when she'd been the only one speaking for several minutes, stopped. "I mean to say...I think you'd like it very much here."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Feather simply smiled but was knocked aside when Mina leaped from her seat and ran over to Fiona. She looked back over her shoulder and said, "Sorry Feather I nearly forgot!" Her gaze then turned to Fiona's as she whipped out a measuring tape. "Your dress! I need to get your dress ready for the wedding. Did Jenny ever say what you were going to be? Bridesmaid? Maid of honor? Anything like that? Hm...I should still make your dress look super special anyways."

"Oh?" Feather turned to look at Father Gerhardt. "There'll be a wedding soon isn't there? Anything I can do to help with that in addition to my healing services?"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

The father put a hand on Feather's shoulder reassuringly. "Help us make sure there's still a town to have a wedding in."

"Your her sister right? I think maybe Miss Jennifer would like you to be maid of honor. I think maybe I could be the flower girl. Though it'll be hard to find flowers if they get married in the winter time." Fiona answered.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:55 am 
Site Admin

"Hard...but not impossible."

It was an unfamiliar voice, but one Fiona would recognize. He looked scratched up, dirty and down right filthy, but being held in his tail were a few blossoms. His normally white tunic was stained with dirt and blood and his newly acquired brown cloak was a bit tattered. Walking over barefoot, Alex approached Fiona and held out the blossoms in his tail toward her.

"For milady?" He smiled crookedly.

Feather glanced over to Mina inquiringly. Mina mouthed 'boyfriend' over to her.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:06 am 
Site Admin

"ALEX!" Fiona exclaimed, running to meet him and practically tackling the boy, as she wrapped her arms around him.

"You were gone for so long. You look like you've had a rough journey. What happened to you?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:12 am 
Site Admin

"I went into the wilderness to do some training." Alex grinned as he was nearly knocked over and managed to hit his back against the wall painlessly. He ruffled Fiona's hair a bit. He paused for a moment and then gently laid his left hand against her cheek gently. "You couldn't have missed me that much could you Fiona?"

His eyes looked over her carefully as if assessing how far she's gone into the transformation. His stomach twisted in knots, but Alex leaned down a little and gave Fiona a quick kiss.

Mina seemed to grin but Feather could only look over at Ramona, suddenly glad she was asleep.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:47 am 
Site Admin

Fiona smiled, and taking Alex's hand turned back to the others. "Everyone this is Alex. This is the boy I'm going to marry when I grow up. He's sweet, and brave, and even if he's a little short he'll be as tough as my brother some day." Fiona said cheerfully.

"Alex this girl here is Feather, and you already know Mina. And..."

Fiona only no realized Ramona was even in the room. In spite of Ramona's powerful magical presence, Fiona hadn't sensed her. Had the infection deprived her of another of her senses? First taste, now her magical sense.

"Who is this sleeping girl?" She asked.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:51 am 
Site Admin

"Wai...What...?!" Alex blinked in surprise. "F-Fiona...usually...it's the er...guy who does the...er...proposing..." He laid his palm on his face and sighed deeply.

When Fiona mentioned Ramona, Alex snapped to attention. "Yea, who is she?"

Feather lowered her gaze. "This is Ramona. She's in a coma right now healing after saving me from a vampire and a fire...She's a living snow spirit normally called a Freija. I owe her my life so I'm here to take care of her."

Alex slowly approached her. "She's got freckles...kinda like if she were a fox and had whiskers. It's kind of cute."

Quest/ORP currently on: