Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ORP: Ancestral Apprenticeship
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:15 am 
Belmont

John looked again at one of the many journals that littered the table in front of him in the family library. He'd returned home to look through the books, hoping to find out more information about the location of this circle where he could enter the trance that would allow him to learn what his ancestor knew. So far however all he'd discovered was that many of his family members had used their abilities for various reasons, including: blackmail, investigating services, scams, thievery, murder, and a variety of other occupations, both lawful and unlawful.

John leaned back in the chair, sighing. It was close to midnight and he'd just gotten there, after coming all this way to his old home. Finally he stood, making his way through the house to the kitchen, and poured himself a cup of tea he'd made earlier in anticipation of the much needed refreshment after long hours of studying several journals, biographies, and other family tomes, making note of any references he thought significant.

Pulling out that piece of paper he'd written notes on, he went back to the library, cup of tea still in hand. Setting the cup down, he studied the notes, then took out several other sheets of paper and began putting them into tables, organizing them so that he could look them over more clearly. So far none of it was making sense, saying something about a cave behind a waterfall but without a location referencing how to find it. And without that, the knowledge of a hidden cave was useless. Frustrated, he tossed the current book he was holding back onto the table, and rested a moment, looking over the open books covering the table, the information. Then he looked at the books and frowned, seeing something on the spine. A symbol of a phoenix. The same symbol that one guy back in Veros had....Vincent. That was his name.

Thouroughly vexed, he looked through more books, speaking of foreign lands and hidden organizations. Finally, finishing the last book on the table he looked over his scattered notes. Picking them up, he began to place them in order.

"Seems I was next to the wellspring of information I needed all along...." John muttered."Now here's hoping he'll talk."

Walking upstairs, he made his way to the bedroom where he spent the rest of his night. When he awoke, he stood, stretching his limbs before putting his boots and duster on. It was weird, being back in this house, and he looked around, noting that it hadn't changed much. However when he walked into the room where his mother had been killed, right in front of his eyes....the blood was still there. There was still blood on the carpet, and it covered the walls. Eyes blazing, John turned and walked out of the house, only to find he hadn't slept through the night as he'd thought; it was still nighttime. Probably just after two or three in the morning. And he wasn't alone.

A Devil stood before him, black eyes glowing in the darkness. It's arms rested at it's sides, and it glared at him, not even twenty paces away. Angry and now annoyed, John drew his pistol and aimed at it's chest, pulling the trigger three times in rapid succession. And watched as it had no effect, as he knew they woudln't. But it made it move.

Dodging to the side, John barely managed to escape the swipe of it's claws, then jumped in a backflip to avoid the back-swipe it made at him from behind. The devil then moved back and looked at him, cocking it's head. Then John got the feeling it suddenly realised something about him, maybe who or what he was, he wasn't sure. But the next instant, it disappeared. Now utterly confused, John reloaded and began walking, putting the gun back in it's holster. As he made his way back to the teleporter back to Veros, he muttered under his breath. "What the hell is going on here?"

Name: John Rayne
Money:42G
Classes:Seer, Mentalist, sub-class privateer
Ability upgrades: Pyro-lvl 4(anywhere in view), Past link- 2 times per day, Present Link- 3 times per day
Weapons: 10ft chain, .44colt, "Bloodwisp" Falchion
Supplies: Tabbard, brown leather backpack, family crest necklace, black leather bracelet.

http://cvdforum.stalo.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2256

Name: Kyrian Draconis
Money: 42G
Special Abilities:
"Demon's Wrath"- Kyrian will push forward on the offensive with a series of slashes, then kick the opponent back, and jump into the air to come down with a downward slash.
Weapons: "Seraphim's" Dagger, "DarkRayne" Dagger, "Lightning" Spear, "Devil" Flamberge
Supplies: Family necklace, black travel pack, fur cloak, fur blanket, tabbard
Pet: White Raven

http://cvdforum.stalo.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2104

Name: Logan Night
Weapons:
Scimitar- all black with bloodred flames engraved in the handle. Blade has a blue hue in the light.
Scimitar- all black with bloodred flames engraved in the handle. Blade has a red hue in the light.
2-handed Broadsword- all black with a set of wings engraved into the blade. Also has a ruby encrusted into the handle.
10 Throwing knives- meant to be used more than once.
Abilities:
NightReaver- Logan Steps forward and brings his sword upward, pivots on his left foot and brings his sword up and towards his left, then turns again with a backward stabbing motion and
pivots again around his opponent and tears his blade out of his opponents left side.
Templar's Wrath- Logan uses his broadsword to begin a whirlwind-type motion while pivoting, moving towards his enemy using the rebound from blocked attacks to gain momentum until using a grand cleave from the side, allowing for disembowelment.
Money: 83g
Supplies: Canteen, flint and steel, blanket, woodsman axe, (4x) 20 page notebooks, (5x) Blank scrolls, (1x) set of lockpicks, tabbard
Recipes: Sandwich, Coffee, Tea, Soup, Omelet, Stew
Possessions: Ruby Necklace, Black Monk's Robes, Bandages (x1), Modern Matches (x3), Sash

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2195

Name: Caliban Valentine "Cal" / Rahvenge "Rah"
Specie: Dampiel
Weapons: Carries a lever-action Henry Rifle with a custom painted-dull black stock. The Kukri he carries on his back has a black handle with a silver cross, and the blade itself (made of a black metal) also has a silver cross about halfway to the tip. For his sidearm he carries a sawed off triple-barrel shotgun that has three triggers.
Belongings: Flint and steel, single pot, deerskin pack, crimson hooded jacket, extra pair of boots, suit, tan shirt, brown fingerless gloves, and extra pair of black trousers. Tabbard.
Ammo: 10 shotgun slugs, 6 rifle rounds
Gold:77G

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ORP: Ancestral Apprenticeship
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:28 pm 
Belmont

As it turned out, he didn't have to return to Veros to get the information. Vincent, having started his shop in Veros had come to England for a few days to talk to some people about some enchanted items he thought he could make a profit on. As John approached the teleporter, Vincent walked out of the portal, before noticing John walking towards him. Looking at him warily, Vincent crossed his arms over his chest.

"Vincent, right?" John asked, coming to a stop in front of him.

"That would be correct, might I ask who you are?" Vincent frowned.

"John Rayne, a hunter from the guild. Seems you have information that could be of use to me." John said bluntly, raising a book and fingering the picture of the phoenix on the worn out spine.

At that Vincent's face became impassive. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh I know without a doubt that you do." Going on instinct, he began to push for something to make him talk. "You're looking for someone, aren't you? Maybe I can help track her down. That's why you set up shop isn't it? To get information on her whereabouts?" He'd heard the guy had been seeking someone, and the only thing he knew of that would send someone to such extents is a woman.

"And how is it that you know this?" Vincent asked, his voice now curious and yet dangerous, a warning in his tone.

Ability upgrades: Pyro-lvl 4(anywhere in view), Past link- 2 times per day, Present Link- 3 times per day
Supplies: Tabbard, brown leather backpack, family crest necklace, black leather bracelet.

Special Abilities:
"Demon's Wrath"- Kyrian will push forward on the offensive with a series of slashes, then kick the opponent back, and jump into the air to come down with a downward slash.
Weapons: "Seraphim's" Dagger, "DarkRayne" Dagger, "Lightning" Spear, "Devil" Flamberge

Weapons:
Scimitar- all black with bloodred flames engraved in the handle. Blade has a blue hue in the light.
Scimitar- all black with bloodred flames engraved in the handle. Blade has a red hue in the light.
2-handed Broadsword- all black with a set of wings engraved into the blade. Also has a ruby encrusted into the handle.
Abilities:
NightReaver- Logan Steps forward and brings his sword upward, pivots on his left foot and brings his sword up and towards his left, then turns again with a backward stabbing motion and
pivots again around his opponent and tears his blade out of his opponents left side.
Templar's Wrath- Logan uses his broadsword to begin a whirlwind-type motion while pivoting, moving towards his enemy using the rebound from blocked attacks to gain momentum until using a grand cleave from the side, allowing for disembowelment.
Supplies: Canteen, flint and steel, blanket, woodsman axe, (4x) 20 page notebooks, (5x) Blank scrolls, (1x) set of lockpicks, tabbard
Possessions: Ruby Necklace, Black Monk's Robes, Bandages (x1), Modern Matches (x3), Sash

Weapons: Carries a lever-action Henry Rifle with a custom painted-dull black stock. The Kukri he carries on his back has a black handle with a silver cross, and the blade itself (made of a black metal) also has a silver cross about halfway to the tip. For his sidearm he carries a sawed off triple-barrel shotgun that has three triggers.
Belongings: Flint and steel, single pot, deerskin pack, crimson hooded jacket, extra pair of boots, suit, tan shirt, brown fingerless gloves, and extra pair of black trousers. Tabbard.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:55 pm 
Belmont

"Because that's what I do, I find out things. People, where they are, what they do, why they're here, where are they from, what are they capable of, all those things are questions I find the answers to. Not just for me, but for others as well. For a fee, I can do several services, from finding out if your lover is cheating, to locating a target. And occasionally, I'll even kill the target for you." John said, nodding at Vincent. "However for you, if you help me, I'll help you. No charge."

Vincent looked at him, eyes analyzing him for signs of lies, deception. Finding none, he nodded and let out a long breath. "That symbol is of the Phoenix Order, an organization in Persia. They train their members from young ages to be warriors, assassins, many things. We undergo rituals to get our armor, and they become our trademark. There's several chapters to the organization, from our agents to our craftsmen, although all of us have training in metal working for our armor and weapons. For those who are like me though, we also recieve additional training in enchantments and other such things. As for those books, I'd have to look at your current information to be able to know what it has to do with the order." he said, shifting feet as he watched John.

John simply nodded. "Come back to the house, you can look over my notes and over the tomes and we can piece it together there."

"Sounds like a plan, lead the way." Vincent responded and began following John who immediately turned and started walking back through the streets towards his home.

They walked in silence, with both of them wondering what they were about to find. As they approached the house, John took the key out of his duster and unlocked the door, stepping back to let Vincent in. As he closed the door, he looked at where the Devil had stood not long ago, and felt trepidation crawl up his spine. He didn't relish the thought of fighting a Devil, and wondered why it had appeared to begin with. But without a word spoken, he led Vincent to the library, spreading his notes out over the table again, along with the books. Bidding him to take a look, he then went to make some tea. An hour or so later he was back in the library, and explaining his findings to Vincent.

Suddenly. Vincent looked at a page of notes, then began sifting through the rest quickly, pulling up a couple books and scanning through the pages feverishly. John watched in fascination.

"I've figured it out. This is referring to our temple, and this waterfall is at a nearby oasis. It's surrounded by some large hills and rocks, but once you get inside that circle, you'll find a small lake with a waterfall, a kind of hidden oasis.! I remember we used it sometimes, but I don't remember anything about a cave." Vincent said musingly.

"Sounds like a possibility. Probably worth checking out at least." John said, eyebrows creased. "Let's get out of here, I had an uninvited guest earlier and I suspect it may have had something to do with what I'm looking for."

"What about you helping me?" Vincent asked, a suspicious look creeping into his eyes.

"I'll help you, I give you my word. But for now, I must pursue this. Afterwards though, I'll start looking for the person you seek." John said, his eyes sincere.

"Just don't forget." Vincent said, the warning tone returning.

John sighed, it seemed like this was going to be more complicated than he had originally planned.

((Total WC: 1532))

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:56 pm 
Belmont

After Vincent left back to Veros, John returned to the house to gather his notes and a few of the books that made more specific references. He left back to the teleporter, who then sent him to a border village in Persia. The place he was seeking however was near middle-Persia, and then a three day trek into the desert to the Phoenix Temple, and an unknown distance from there.

John looked around the small desolate town, before locating a translator and the nearest caravan owner. After some negotiations, he made an agreement to guard the caravan, and he'd investigate any avenues that might lead to something of worth, bringing it back to the leader who'd sell it for profit.

With that done, he settled in for the long ride to another of the smaller villages near a large city. He sat next to an old wagon driver, and leaned back against the wagon as he closed his eyes against the sun. To most, he seemed relaxed, and uncaring of the world around him. A moment later, a young boy found different when he was grabbed and lifted by his wrist during his failed attempt at pickpocketing John.

But John simply smiled. No harm no foul. With that setting the tone for the trip, they left the town three hours later.

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:51 am 
Belmont

Three hours after leaving the town, the scenery didn't change much. John grimaced as the dust rose from the wagon in front of him, making him regret not taking the front wagon. But he had to maintain the impression of being another merchant or hired hand, for therein lay his strength as security; they didn't see him, they didn't supsect he'd be capable of fighting back.

He looked around the barren desert, the sun gleaming off the sands, the light wind picking up dust and giving him a warm blast in the face. Whoever said a breath of cool air was welcome in the desert...hadn't been here, obviously. This place was for those whom were like the Persians; as hard and unforgiving as the land itself. Yet he still managed to find it strangely comforting. Until now.

The front wagon had come to a stop, a action that hadn't escaped his notice. But as he dove to the side, the spear that imbedded itself where he'd previously been sitting, yeah that was unexpected. Thirty men rose up from the sands, letting loose the tan blankets that had helped them hide under the sand right up until the right moment when the caravan had arrived.

John stood, raising his pistol and firing, taking careful aim and managing to get six kills in six shots, a combination of his own amount of practice and the use of his precognitive skills to anticipate the enemy's movements. Then, spinning to avoid another thrown spear, he unclipped his chain and pulled it from his torso, throwing out one end and whirling it to gain momentum before swinging it around one man's neck, giving it a pull to pull him to ground. Rushing forward, he stomped on the man's throat, crushing his windpipe before whirling around the next enemy, drawing his falchion and spinning in a circle, cutting off the head of the enemy he'd moved around. Turning, he faced off against four more.

"Great, just what I needed." he said, looking around at them. "Might as well."

With that said, he parried a blow from the one on the far right, then spun, turning to disembowel the man to the fourth. Still spinning, he turned and raised his sword vertically to block another blow and reached forward, grabbing the man by the front of his shirt and throwing him into the fourth, before stepping forward and slashing one man's throat and stabbing the other through the heart.

He looked up, saw the others fighting the guards and he quickly reloaded his pistol, watching out for anyone who approached, then closed the cylinder, and he moved to help the guards. After killing three more, he again emptied his pistol, and by the time the last shot was fired the guards had managed to take care of the rest. He reloaded again and walked back to the caravan's leader, who looked at him with new respect.

"You are much better than we previously thought. I am glad we were destined to find you. Let us move on." he said.

John nodded, then climbed back up onto the wagon. Guess this would be more interesting than he'd bargained for.

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Last edited by Shadow_Raven on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:30 pm 
Belmont

That night the caravan divided into three campfires, in a triangular formation. They would be sleeping in the middle area of the camp, with guards set at each 'corner' and halfway between those corners. They were there less to fight than to alarm the others, allowing more fighters to be ready while they would fend off the initial waves of attacks, should there be any.

John sat at the campfire with the caravan leader, sharing wine and food. With the translator and even a couple of them who knew english, he managed to communicate easily enough with them, sharing jokes and tales that had them all laughing or shaking their heads in amazement. When he brought up the devils though they looked at each other in hushed tones, making him frown and turn to the leader.

"What is wrong?" he asked.

"These...devils. They are known among my people. There is a place somewhere in the desert, where three of them have nested themselves. They cause problems for the region. But sir....if you intend to seek them out, I would suggest you find more power. Much more. These beings.....they are evil incarnate." the leader said, looking at John, his face concerned.

"I know. I have faced them before." John replied, looking intent and thoughtful. "But that is for another time."

With that said, they all turned in for the night, save for the nightwatch. John wouldn't be joining the nightwatch, again partly because he was supposed to remain anonymous and also because they wanted him completely rested in case more dangers should appear.

((TWC: 2550))

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:58 am 
Belmont

The next morning John was back in the wagon before sunrise, and by the time it did rise he was already hot and sweaty. The place never seemed to get cool until nightfall, and only stayed that way until just before sunrise, when the temperature seemed to rise in anticipation of that horrid globe of light that came over the horizon. By the time this mission was over, John was sure, he was going to hate that blasted sun.

Leaning back against the seat, eyes closed, his hand quickly grabbed another that had reached towards his belt. His eyes opened to see soft brown eyes looking into his. Thirteen year old brown eyes. The girl instantly backed away, even though he smiled in amusement.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." he said, his smile reassuring.

"I'm sorry sir! Please forgive me!" she said quickly in clear english, making him blink in confusion.

"You know english?" he asked, cocking his head to the side as he turned to face her.

"Yes." she said, nodding enthusiatically. "I was adopted by english merchants, whom I'm very grateful for." The entire spiel sounded rehearsed.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just curious is all." he said, raising an eyebrow at her obvious attempt to make it seem as though everything is alright.

"I'm so sorry I-" at that moment an arrow penetrated from her throat, and another struck her chest. John looked on for a moment in shock before rage contorted his features and he leapt off the wagon, spinning to avoid five arrows fired in a tight group and drew his falchion with one hand, his gun in the other hand. Raising his gun, he fired, killing one of the archers as he used his falchion to deflect an arrow, knocking it aside as he quickly shot five more archers. Then he holstered his gun, and rushed the remainder of the archers, easily managing to anticipate and avoid their arrows as they fired their arrows. When he finally reached them he spun, sweeping low with his falchion, managing to disembowel them, before turning to deflect another blade, and struck the man with his left arm, and-

-tore his heart out.

They all looked on in amazement as he stood, holding the still beating heart of one of the attackers before dropping it. The leader of the caravan looked upon John in fear. Swallowing his fear, he noted that John had single-handedly wiped out all of the attackers.

"We will take you to the town. It seems we owe you a debt." he said, looking fearful at the prospect.

John looked at his blood-stained hand, clenching it in a fist. "Just take me to the town. That's all I need for now."

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:53 am 
Belmont

The rest of the day was spent in silence, as John leaned back in his seat, eyes closed. He took combat naps, still listening and using his senses to remain alert even as he rested, ignoring the sun beating down on and around him, until nightfall came. When night came, they circled the wagons, opting to remain in one large circle tonight, with guards posted between the wagons, as well as some in the wagons.

John sat with the others, yet still isolated as he stared into the fire, silent and unmoving except for drinking some of the wine that they had, being the only drink they had brought with them besides water. He wouldn't get drunk, unless he drank several bottles. Then again, that was an appealing idea. But the hangover wouldn't be worth it, he decided, so he'd stick to his one bottle rule and make it last as long as possible.

"It's not your fault." the leader said, approaching John.

"No, it's not my fault." John agreed, "But it was still my responsibility to watch for threats, and I failed in that."

"Even the most astute cannot always forsee an ambush; that is why we remain armed. So that when we are caught by surprise, we can kill first and freeze later. However, it seems you do not need to be armed to fight." he said, looking at John.

"Yeah, a present left by one of those you consider so dangerous." John responded. "I never caught your name."

"Jaamar. And you said 'friend'. Do you mean the Devils?" Jaamar asked.

"Yup. I was once possessed by one, and when he was purged, I got to keep the arm. Hell of a deal, huh?" John snorted.

"Indeed. I am glad you are on our side, John of the Devils. I bid you goodnight. Maybe it is best if you got some sleep as well. Tomorrow we will reach the town, but you never know when more ambushes might appear." Jaamar said, turning to go to bed.

"And if there are..." John looked at Jaamar. "They will all perish."

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:04 pm 
Belmont

A few hours later, John awoke to see two shadows standing over him. He started to move with his pistol, until a sword edge rested against his throat. Holding up his hands, he dropped the pistol. They moved him out of the wagon he was sleeping in, and when he stepped out he saw the guards had been slaughtered, and the rest were tied and sitting on the ground around a new bonfire.

He looked at their captors and found that they all wore all kinds of clothes, hiding their faces and every inch of skin, stopping him from telling if they were human. At the very least, they were humanoid, and they spoke like humans as well.

"You. Sit. Now."

Well, mostly. John sat down, looking up at them and watching their movements carefully. Their movements were as smooth as any human's, yet seemed more....graceful. And they all seemed to be waiting for something. Or someone. It turned out to be someone. Their leader. He walked in, the only one without a mask, showing his extremely pale skin, ruby red eyes, and his lean yet obviously strong musculature, as well as his slightly tapered ears. A dampiel.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" he asked, smirking. "I have sent several of mine to capture a caravan, and none of them ever report back. How disappointing. Good thing I had lookouts, or I'd never know who it was who killed so many of my ilk."

He walked around, confident and sure of himself in a way John had often seen. It wasn't arrogance, nor was he full of himself. It was simple confidence in his own abilities, something rarely seen among beings like himself. Normally they were supremely confident, arrogant, thinking themselves superiors without equals. However this one obviously knew there were stronger beings out there than himself, and he accepted that.

"A truly remarkable victory, that last one. They say that one of you tore the heart from one of my warrior's chest. The foreign one." he said, looking at John. "You have been quite a show. But now I think I understand, you do have a...darker, aura. And it seems to have some blood mixed with it. And yet...it's core is of light. A strange and remarkable aura, to be sure. I would be interested in finding out more about you, and how you got such an interesting combination."

John looked back at him with renewed interest. "You can see auras?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Indeed. And yours is, to say the least, remarkable. But now I'm being rude. My name is Aravian Sinoke. And you are?" he asked in return.

"John Rayne." he responded, opting to use truth when and where he could, and perhaps glean some information of this adversary.

"Rayne, you say? I know that name....from long ago. It's good to see the old bloodline of Devil Bloods flourishing." Aravian said, crossing his arms over his chest as he cocked his head to the side.

"Devil Bloods?" John asked curiously, shifting.

"Yes, your bloodline was known for having the blood of Devils in their veins. Some suspect thats where they got their seeing abilities. I think the Devils Blood simply enhanced their abilities as well as gave them their pyrokinesis." he said, eyes gleaming.

John grinned. "Worth a try." The caravan leader looked at him curiously. "I was gonna distract him and burn through the ropes." John said, shrugging.

"Damn Raynes, always the opportunists." Aravian said, smiling, showing his pointed teeth. "Tell you what though, I'm going to let the caravan go. But, you're traveling with me." he said, looking at John.

"Sounds like a plan, so long as you hold your end of the bargain." John responded.

Aravian shrugged. "Of course. Let them go." he commanded his men, and watched as they cut them loose. "Leave now, I'll send a contingent of men to act as guards." Then he turned to John. "And you and I will talk more before the sun rises."

Well damn. Nothing was going to plan on this trip.

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:16 am 
Belmont

John watched with Aravian as the caravan made its way to the town from an overlooking hilltop a long distance away. It turned out Aravian was a man of his word, and as such he had released the caravan and sent guards along with them to watch over them until they reached the town. However, that did not relieve John of still yet more guards who watched him, ready in case he should attempt to escape.

"So, what are you doing so far away from home?" Aravian asked as they both turned and began walking into the desert.

"I'm looking for an Oasis near an ancient temple, a few days travel from here." John replied, looking out over the horizon.

"Ah, so you seek the Rayne Circle of Rememberance." Aravain said, shaking his head. "You'll have your work cut out for you; it's filled with undead and hellbats, as well as a necromancer and something more....sinister." he said, grinning.

John groaned. "Great, just what I needed. Already I've been attacked by a Devil, your men, made a promise to a warrior merchant, and now I still have more obstacles, and who knows what else after I access the memories."

"You've been attacked by a Devil?" Aravian asked, stopping John with a hand thrust against his chest as he turned to face him, studying his face.

"More like a visitation." John answered. "It attempted to kill me at first, right outside the family house, but...then it realized something and disappeared."

Aravian whistled at this newfound knowledge. "Seems you really are a doomed one, even for your bloodline."

"What do you mean?" John demanded, stepping closer, almost intimidatingly.

"I mean you've gained their interest. Now they have something planned for you, and you can bet it's not a surprise birthday party, unless that includes torture and pain beyond your wildest imaginings." Aravian responded, shrugging.

John shook his head, stepping back. "Regardless, I must go to the Circle. Can you take me to it?" he asked, looking back up at Aravian.

Aravian looked thoughtful a moment, then nodded. "I can take you there, but as soon as you get there, me and mine are gone. No offense, but we don't all have a deathwish like you do."

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:18 am 
Belmont

With the use of some fast horses, Aravian led John to the oasis. It was in a deep depression in the ground, creating a cliff that encircled it. The waterfall itself came from a river that led to it. John looked over the edge, down the sixty foot drop. The water looked deep, the walls worn and ragged with rocks jutting out from the sides. Small brush covered the banks of the small lake in the center of it, for make no mistake; it was a large oasis, at about a hundred yards diameter.

"The way I see it, you got two ways of reaching the bottom. First option is climbing down, it'll use alot of energy but you're not gonna feel like you hit granite when you reach the bottom. Or you can go the crazy man's route and jump off the waterfall. The lake is deep enough, but I don't recommend belly first." Aravian grinned. "It's painful."

John observed the oasis, then looked at Aravian. "I'll take the crazy man's way. More fun." he said, nodding sagely before grinning.

"A wise choice." Aravian said jovially. "It's been nice, but I must leave you here. Maybe we'll see each other again in the future."

"Indeed. I would like to know more of my family." John said, shaking Aravian's hand.

"Good luck." Aravian said, watching first in amusement, then in shock as John ran and jumped off the waterfall. Aravian rushed to the edge, watching as John plunged sixty feet into a deep water dive, and resurfaced several moments later. "Crazy bastard. Might not need luck after all."

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:31 am 
Belmont

John walked out of the lake, reveling in the feel of nice cool water, even as it soaked his clothes. His gun and ammo belt lay a few feet away from the water, having been tossed just as he'd lept from the top of the waterfall. He replaced them on his person before walking around to some stones that were placed as a path behind the waterfall. Using his sword, he created a spark against a piece of flint to light some dead shrubbery tied to the end of a makeshift torch. The instant the spark hit the hair he used his pyrokinesis to keep it alive until it burned brightly on the end of the torch, and he made his way behind the waterfall.

As he entered the cave, he noted the cobwebs of the ages past, before even the time of the Phoenix Temple, and yet no markings adorned the walls. To most it would seem abandoned, but he felt the energy of past ties to this place, reinforcing his belief that he would find what he was looking for. He walked further into the cave carefully, pistol drawn. A few minutes later his foot tripped a wire, causing a large log to enter from a hole a single step in front of him, crashing into the wall on the otherside. He stood, looking for a moment in confusion before seeing several skeletons come from further in the darkness, eyes glowing menacingly as they rushed towards him.

He used his pistol, firing for their skulls as he ran back towards the waterfall, needing to draw them out so he could see how many and what exactly he was dealing with. He reloaded as he ran, rushing over the stones and back on land before turning, and waited for them, Bloodwisp drawn in his hand. The skeletons came, seeming filled with malevolent intent as they stalked towards him. Suddenly, a rock gave way, causing the skeleton to fall forward. It's body hit a wire that John had accidentally missed, and he looked up just in time to see a large boulder fall, crushing the skeletons even as it crumbled, not blocking the entrance at all.

It seemed this wasn't going to be so hard after all.

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:10 am 
Belmont

John walked back into the cave, pistol in one hand and torch in the other as he began slowly making his way further into the cave, watching for more traps. He easily disarmed or avoided most of the pitfalls and the trip-lines, as well as the pressure plates. Finally he saw a light up ahead, catching his immediate suspicion; Aravian had mentioned a necromancer.

He walked further down the cave until it opened up wide, and he stepped out into a large cavern, a hole in the roof providing light from the sun outside. And all around were ten more paths leading away, each one having rays of light from numerous holes and ancient pitfalls that had probably dumped people into this labyrinth of a lair where several darker beings were rumored to lie. Unfortunately, the same could be said of the cavern. A dozen more skeletons appeared.

Raising his pistol, John immediately took the skulls of four; the last two shots at least severed spinal columns of two more. It wasn't nearly enough to fully incapacitate them. They rushed forward, moving fast, not at all the shambling corpses villagers often imagined. Of course, John was no villager. Drawing bloodwisp, he spun, severing two more spinal columns as he moved behind them, unclipping his chain and swinging it, the broad heavy links easily breaking through the ancient bones in an arc, and then he reversed direction, taking apart their legs before their torso's even reached the ground.

As soon as the last of them hit the ground, he walked among them, kicking them into dust. When he finished he brushed back his bangs, looking up at the sky. The fight hadn't even fazed him, not really; he was just tired of nothing going planned. However he had known it would be difficult when he decided to do this, and like the thousands of times he'd done work like this before, he'd just have to deal with it. He picked up his sword and chain, reloaded his gun, and put out the torch; he could always light it later if needed.

He decided to work by starting with the cave furthest to the left, then work his way to the right. He began walking down the left cave, pistol still in hand. The caves seemed to go deeper underground, although the holes still appeared to light the way, making him think.....maybe that was the purpose, to provide light for those who came down here. It didn't make much sense, given the amount of effort they had obviously put into keeping people out of this place. But then, that could be to put them into a more vulnerable mindset, thinking that they were now safe from traps. Either way, John wasn't going to let his guard down. Not even for a second.

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:38 am 
Belmont

John kept walking deeper into the cave, looking forward even as he listened for followers from behind. His footsteps echoed around him as the light from the holes faded, again casting him in darkness. He lit the torch, using his pyrokinesis to speed up the process. Soon, all was black around him besides what lay within a few feet of him. He stopped after about an hour, and looked around. It was eerie, the way it seemed like he was walking in an abyss. Suddenly he came to a stop.

In front of him was a large pit, the bottom so far even the light of the torch didn't reach it. If he hadn't been walking in an abyss. what lie before him surely was. He stepped closer, and closed his eyes, reaching out to touch the wall. As he did, a vision hit him, one of the past: Another man walked here, bedraggled and betrodden. He was running from something, something sinister. He sprinted down the cave, then turned when he reached the pit, a shadow on the wall behind him...

John snapped out of the vision, returning to reality. Shaking his head, he looked behind him. Nothing was there. He looked back at the hole, wondering if he should explore it. Just as he almost decided to turn back, the decision was taken from him. Something hit him from behind, knocking him into the pit, making him fall for what seemed like eternity before crashing against the ground of solid rock. He coughed, then sat up as something crashed beside him. He felt on the ground, hearing something moving in the darkness, something fast. It created a sharp clicking sound, echoing around the walls...from the walls. John found the torch, and kept trying to get it to light, hearing the creature get closer behind him. Hearing it close in, he tried harder, until a sudden force of will ignited the torch, and he spun around.....nothing.

Gun in one hand, torch in the other, he looked around, looking at the walls around him. Seeing a cave, he began walking towards it. Thats when it hit him. It came out of the cave in front of him at a blinding speed, knocking him backwards twenty feet into a wall, making him fall to the ground. The torch rested at the exact center of the pit, illuminating all the walls around him, and he stood. He walked back towards the center...and got hit again. Hitting the wall again, he stood, looking around. There didn't seem to be anything there, but obviously something was hitting him. It sure wasn't a person. It didn't even feel like any human limb, instead it felt more like a sharp pain from a rounded tipped object, making him wonder at it's specie. Again he stood, and walked towards the light. And then it came again.

John leapt out of the way of the creature, turning and aiming at it as it stood in the torchlight. And stared. It was about 6 feet tall, with four spider-like legs and pinchers in place of hands. A scorpion tail came out of the rear, the tail itself having to be at least eight feet long. It's head was like a flat disk, with four eyes facing forward, shiny black beads. It's body seemed to be plate-like hide, hard as rock. Black bristles of hair stood out over it's enteire body, the skin a matte-black. John didn't have any clue what it was, but when it moved...he didn't even see it. Suddenly he felt an impact of one of those pinchers hitting him, then he felt the hard granite of the wall behind him.

Again he fell to the ground, and again he stood. He raised his pistol, then walked back to the torch. And this time, he was ready. When it rushed him, he moved to the side, and fired at it from the hip. The three shots that hit richocheted, not even piercing the armor-like skin. He hadn't thought it would, but it was still disheartening to find that to be true. Still though, if he could just get it to hold still.... He began moving around the edges of the wall, drawing his chain in the hand opposite his pistol, watching. Waiting.

It rushed him again, and he sidestepped, turning around to see it climb the wall, then turned around and hit him, this time more like a jack-hammer. It stayed with him, and when he hit the wall, he was a foot off the ground, the pincher holding him in place. It opened it's mouth, revealing three rows of thousand of teeth, and John hit it in the side of the head, trying to work his pistol into it's mouth. Feeling the impact of the punches, the creature stabbed forward with it's tail, creating an arc that stabbed into his shoulder, further pinning him to the wall. With a growl, he got his gun into it's mouth and stroked the trigger three times before it could bite down. The creature let out an ethereal scream, falling to the ground, letting John go.

John staggered from the wall, reloading his pistol. "Good riddance." he spat at the creature, then managed to take two more steps before falling face first into the ground. And there he passed into unconciousness, a fire flowing through his veins, deep within the abyss of total darkness that created a blanket between him and the rest of the world.

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:24 pm 
Belmont

John awake to the cool feeling of limestone beneath him, and water droplets splashing on his cheek. With a groan, he pushed himself off the floor, and stood, looking around. The corpse of the creature was rapidly disintegrating, already more than half-rotted. The smell it created reeked, almost making him gag. The torch had almost died out, until he used his pyrokinetic ability to raise it back to life.

Gun reloaded, weapons in place, torch in hand, he began once again to walk through the tunnel. It led uphill, deserted of all life it seemed. His footsteps echoed off the walls as he made his way back to the main caver, on the opposite end of the cavern from the entrance where he'd just been. A suspicion began to form in his mind as to the architecture of the caverns, and he moved to take the tunnel second from the left.

This one was well lit, allowing John to put out the torch, so as to not waste it. He crept down the tunnel, back against the wall and gun in hand as he listened for any sound up ahead. He began to hear a harp, making him frown at the strange sound of the instrument that was rare, even among the aristocrats. Now more curious than alarmed, he walked into a room that was lit by candles that emitted blue flames around the walls, with several regular orangish-yellow flames surrounding three sides of a bed, upon which a woman with dark tanned skin and long black hair sat, playing music from a harp that was...hypnotising.

Her emerald green eyes glanced at him seductively, her body's beauty enhanced by the thin layers of silk that made a pair pants, and a nearly see-through shirt that showed her midriff and upper chest, barely covering her breasts, her skin moist with sweat from the heat of the candles surrounding her. She licked her lips as she looked him over, her look nearly as palpable as a touch, making him straighten and lower the gun, still in hand. In addition to her beauty was this dark aura that she gave, an aura of many dark mysteries, an intoxicating combination to be sure.

"And out of the darkness walks in not a knight, but a rogue." she said, sounding amused. "How exciting."

"The armor was a bit heavy." John said sarcastically, glancing around before focusing back on her. "However, you don't seem like a damsel in distress, a curious fact given your current location."

"Oh but I am indeed in....distress." she said, adding a second meaning to the last word. "Would you mind helping me?"

"If we were anywhere else and you weren't going to drain me of life so you could in turn use my body as a pet? Maybe." he said, raising his gun and firing a single bullet.

The bullet's path lead straight to her head, rotating in the air as it left the barrel of the gun, it's target in sight, until another head appeared before it, catching the bullet before it could reach it's destination. Three more shots followed as she ran, and out of the ground twenty zombies began to crawl out. Moving quickly, John quickly began kicking heads, attempting to kill as many as he could before they could climb out of the ground. He managed five. It should've been more.

Suddenly, the rest stopped moving and another one started, making the cave shake as a large behemoth of a man stood out of his grave of stone, wearing the armor of an ancient knight, a towering shield in one hand and a large two handed sword in the other, red eyes gleaming from the faceguard of the helmet. A towering twelve feet tall, broad muscled, and all pissed off.

John cursed under his breath. "Why do all the beautiful women have to be trouble? Every damned time." With that, the towering man attacked, his sword crashing into the limestone where John had been standing a moment before, now coming out of his roll a few feet away as he raised his gun and fired his last two shots, not doing any damage whatsoever as John spun, his chain seeming to appear in one hand, his falchion in the other as he stood against the behemoth. Where he stood alone.

He charged forward, legs pumping as he leapt at the behemoth, doing a high kick at it as it raised it's shield, allowing him to backflip off of it to land on his feet, moving forward under the shield as it roared in anger, cutting into it's leg before moving back to avoid the crash of the shield in front of him. Then he rolled to the side to avoid the sweep of the sword, standing and stabbing it through the wrist, making it roar again in pain. He spun around the beast, stabbing it through the back of it's kneecap, bringing it down onto it's knee. John then spun back to face it, and found it's face in his, it's rancid breath filling his nostrils as it punched him, launching him into a wall ten feet away. John crawled to his knees as the behemoth stood, then charged him. He tried to move to the side but failed, being slammed into the wall. A dozen daggers and swords covered the creature's back, proof of past battles where the behemoth had obviously managed to make another victim of someone who'd managed to find their way into the cave. John would not be among them.

Reaching behind it even as it slammed him into the wall again, he grasped two daggers, nearly letting them go even as it slammed him a third time. Just as it reared back for a fourth time, he slammed both daggers home into it's eye sockets, making it stumble back away from him. Not wasting a moment, John grabbed his falchion from where it had fallen to the floor, his chain still in his other hand as he whipped it around, watching as the end wrapped around it's neck. He ran around it, wrapping the chain around the behemoth's body, binding the behemoth's arms to it's body, it's shield bound to it's chest, covering it's upper torso from the front. But that was fine. John didn't plan for a heart stab. As soon as the last of the chain bound the behemoth, John pivoted, bringing his falchion into a large arc, allowing himself to rotate once, gaining momentum before he stepped forward, still spinning, and beheaded the behemoth, growling from the effort.

The head hit the floor, and John replaced the falchion in it's sheath, and re-wrapped the chain. He reloaded the gun as well, and begean approaching the tunnel the necromancer had run through. He walked calmly, his premonition already telling him that she'd be waiting for him in the center of the central cavern. As soon as he entered, she turned to face him, and her eyes widened.

A single shot rang out.

And her body hit the floor.

Special Abilities:

Weapons:
Abilities:

Profile E-mail