Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: ORP Ghost Ship
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

Jennifer followed in behind but noticed something about Cloud. His fur was bristled and he had a wild look about his eye. "Cloud....is there something you should be explaining to us? What does Ramona mean....when she says she gave her life to seal it away? What is IT? What does it have to do with her?"

"....Many years ago, there was a threat to Freija...It was a demon." Cloud seemed reluctant to explain, perhaps still wanting to deny that whatever was happening was happening. "Zephyr was weakened in the battle with it, but with everyone's help that creature was sealed away in a world between world. Zephyr was weakened...and she sought refuge...inside a human baby."

Jennifer's eyes widened. "Ramona." Was all she whispered.

As the group headed down the stairs it got colder and colder. Another door stood in their way and met the same end as the previous door. Inside the large auditorium like room were walls covered in thick ice with stalagmites littering the ceiling. Snow and ice covered the floor and standing at the opposite end was Ramona. She held the same dirks she had before in her hands but her stance was different. Her head was tilted and looking forlornly off to the side and her limbs seemed to just....hang.

She snapped to when she saw the others.

"...Daryk...." She whispered softly before the area around her exploded in a fury of snow. Towering above Ramona was a wolf that stood easily three to four stories high. The top half of his body was covered in diamond rock hard stone with icy blue fur sticking out. Its chest was covered with that same stone. The wolf's tail lashed and wherever it hit, it froze. It glared down at the party with its yellow eyes.

"I'd have thought you'd run." A man's voice could be heard coming from Ramona. "It would have been better. I have no desire to kill you. I want this Freija to have suffered as much as I have."

"Now, Ramona," He continued to speak. "Let's show your friends how truly strong you are."

Her first movement was stiff as if Ramona were resisting it. The dirk in her right hand pointed towards Kyrad. She gritted her teeth. "Uoy fo geb I! Nur...Nur!"

Boss Fight: Puppet Ramona and Fenrir

Fenrir began the fight by gnashing his teeth threatening and pressing his back against the ceiling, causing stalagmites to fall down. Jennifer quickly erected a Ziz affiliated barrier, preventing most from harming them. Ramona was dashing supernaturally fast toward Kyrad, raising her arm to slash at him.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

Plan, plan, need a plan. Always have a plan. Gotta have a plan.

Kill the wolf. Simple plan. Difficult in execution. Kyrad had a dozen ways to take down a giant enemy, but he'd be hard pressed to execute any of them with Ramona bearing down on him. But he wasn't alone, and as much as he wanted to make this creature suffer, he'd have to leave that to the others...for now.

So, deal with Ramona. Fire would incapacitate her quickly enough, but the idea was to keep her safe. Besides, he hadn't given up on the idea of Ramona fighting from within. In the meantime, she had weapons, he didn't, so he'd have to be on the defensive until...

Until what? If this wolf wasn't wiped out immediately, it might seek refuge inside Ramona again. Drake had mentioned that if they knew its name, it could be exorcised. So, defend, try to get through to Ramona, taunt the wolf.

Kyrad cast his spell. Willowisp, Devk'ahn, Merro. He focused, cutting down on the size of his shield to split it into two smaller ones, each roughly a foot and a half square. He locked their movements to his hands, moving them in sync with Ramona's blades, deflecting the attacks. For now, he had Ramona's attention, and he circled around, keeping them both out of the way of the falling rocks and the wolf's attacks.

Ramona, can you hear me? he thought, trying to contact the woman attacking him. He tried to forget that the blacksmith had told him this would happen, too.

Finally, he yelled, loud enough for even the wolf to hear. "So Cloud, where is this terrifying threat to the Frejia? I hope it gets here soon. I'd like to know why he never taught his pet here any manners."

Name: Grace Meredith

Naem: Enzo Greyson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:09 am 
Site Admin

"Graham...." Jennifer glanced to Kyrad locked with Ramona and then back to the wolf. "He's got some sort of armor covering vital organs. But...if we use fire, we run risk of hurting Ramona." Jennifer bit her lip. "We'll have to use fire in a more direct method. Do you think you can enchant my glaive at all?"

The wolf howled and gnashed its teeth at the two of them. Jennifer jumped away and ducked under a swung paw. "Good god..." She whispered under her breath. The wolf strangely enough seemed to be doing something with its tail. Her eyes widened. "Oh good God, it's signing a spell!?"

Sure enough, the wolf was. An icy blast of energy shot itself from the tip of the tail to around the room in a spread shot.

Ramona meanwhile kept up her attack. While her body was on the offence, Ramona's expression was of a different nature. Tears were falling from her eyes as she kept trying to seize her attack. "Uoy truh annaw tnod I." She whimpered. Obviously Kyrad was getting through to her, but Ramona wasn't strong enough to stop the attack. She was however able to do something else.

She was able to release one dirk from her hand. Her other hand raised to strike Kyrad but she brought it down instead onto her thigh. Ramona gasped out in pain, nearly stumbling to the ground. "TuO teg." She whispered fiercely. "Rirnef em fo tuo teg!"

Cloud raised his muzzle to the wolf. "FENRIR!! RELEASE ZEPHYR AT ONCE!" He growled.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:11 am 
Site Admin

Name? Check. Ramona's attention? Check. Still not dead? Check.

Ramona unharmed? God damn it...

Kyrad jumped back, dodging the wolf's attack. Ramona had taken a moment to stab herself, so he had a temporary reprieve. Quickly, he cast two magical bolts, each formed into a bar, one locking together her wrists and the other her ankles.

He'd circled to the wolf's side during their scuffle, so he took the opportunity to attack. Ka'lunte, Destrok, Morpho. He focused the bolt into a small, controlled burst of white hot fire, aiming for the base of Fenrir's tail. Hopefully, it would make it difficult to cast another spell.

"You're wasting your strength." Kyrad said over the injured Ramona. He cast a freezing spell over he injured leg, encasing the wound in ice. "I'm not leaving. It's not even an option. Besides, you dropped this." He placed the medallion around her neck again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:27 am 
Site Admin

"Can't." Drake responded as he was forced to jump out of the way of the giant wolf's icy blast. "A enormous spirit wolf. Well there are only two names that come to mind. In the east they call it Okami, but much closer to home...."

Then Cloud shouted it out. "Ah yes...the wolf of the North."

Drake chanted a spell. "Azrael, Devk'ahn, Merro" he chanted establishing a solid defensive magical wall to hold back the offense. White wasn't ideal, but a red defense would certainly fall to the powerful blue magic Fenrir was using. What they needed to harm him was green magic, and Drake only had that in their 1. White at least wasn't particularly weak against blue though.

"If you have a green sigil, I advise you use it. It may seem contradictory, but green magic sucks the life from blue powered beings, and converts it back into its on power. Blue however counteracts and neutralizes red magic. Fire will be at a disadvantage here. Now if you'll excuse me I have to perform an exorcism." Drake hastily explained as he was already running toward Ramona and Kyrad. He had to hope that Jennifer was a strong enough mage now on her own to hold off the tide of attacks.

Fiona meanwhile had opted to wait at the entrance, and shivered from the cold, but for the time being stayed out of the battle.

Drake grabbed Ramona from behind and pinned her down. "Kyrad I need your help for this to work. Ramona needs someone for her mind to hold on to while I cast out the possession.

Drake fought to wrestle Ramona down. His adventures had made him strong, and though the force possessing Ramona pushed her body to its limits, he was still stronger. He began to chant a rite of exorcism.

"Let us pray:

Almighty Lord, Word of God the Father, Jesus Christ, God and Lord of all creation; who gave to your holy apostles the power to tramp underfoot serpents and scorpions; who along with the other mandates to work miracles was pleased to grant them the authority to say: "Depart, you devils!" and by whose might Satan was made to fall from heaven like lightning; I humbly call on your holy name in fear and trembling, asking that you grant me, your unworthy servant, pardon for all my sins, steadfast faith, and the power - supported by your mighty arm - to confront with confidence and resolution this cruel demon. I ask this through you, Jesus Christ, our Lord and God, who are coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire."

Drake gradually raised his voice becoming fiercer and more passionate. He looked to Kyrad to lend Ramona his support. He was calling upon the rite of exorcism in its full force, and not for any minor demon. His words carried with them tremendous power, and to a being like Ramona, dangerous power if she were not fully grounded. It was like a traveler treating malaria with mercury. The treatment its self may be poison to the patient, but if the constitution of the patient were stronger than the parasite then they would be cured. Ramona would need to fight. Kyrad would have to support her in that fight.

"I command you, unclean spirit, in your true name FENRIR, along with all your minions now attacking this child, by the mysteries of the incarnation, passion, resurrection, and ascension of our Lord Jesus Christ, by the descent of the Holy Spirit, by the coming of our Lord for judgment, to obey me to the letter, I who am a minister of God despite my unworthiness; nor shall you be emboldened to harm in any way this creature of God, or the bystanders, or any of their possessions."

Drake laid a hand on Ramona's forehead, now in the midst of exorcism he was at his most vulnerable. To break off now would invite disaster. He clenched his teeth, knowing his back was turned to Fenrir. His trust in Jennifer, now more than ever must be absolute.

"They shall lay their hands upon the sick and all will be well with them. May Jesus, Son of Mary, Lord and Savior of the world, through the merits and intercession of His holy apostles Peter and Paul and all His saints, show you favor and mercy."

Drake instinctively reached for his vial of holy water. It shouldn't be there. By all means it should not, but in this world where he was a physical representation of how he imagined himself, it indeed was. He poured it on Ramona's head, and drew the sign of the cross with it concluding the exorcism.

"See the cross of the Lord;
begone, you hostile powers!
AMEN!"

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:37 am 
Site Admin

Cloud was right by Ramona's side. He gave her a few licks until Kyrad was nearby. He then ran over to Jennifer and gave the seer a slight nod. Jennifer returned it. "Distract him while I tie him up." She instructed him and went to work, summoning her Dryadin. She said to the wood spirit, "We're going to sew now. Just follow my lead and make sure it's tight!"

Jennifer led the Dryadin up and around the wolf as it tried to shake off the damage dealt to its tail by Kyrad. The tail however had fallen off and the wolf howled. Jennifer, with some help by enchanting herself with Ziz's rune to increase her mobility led the Dryadin all around Fenrir to tie him up in a magical weaving of branches and leaves. She kept glancing over to the exorcism and as it went on, Fenrir himself was getting weaker. Steadily it become more and more lethargic, barely able to keep itself up.

Ramona meanwhile was gritting her teeth in pain. She couldn't move and had since dropped her dirks. Her one hand grasped the medallion around her neck and the other shot out to grasp anything or anyone...

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:14 am 
Site Admin

Kyrad took Ramona's hand. His other he placed over the hand clasping the medallion. He leaned in close and began whispering in her ear.

"Remember the day we met? You were a talking doorknob. I was trying to unlock that door and you laughed at me. Called me stupid. I undid the curse on you and we went off and had an adventure together. This is just like that. We'll undo this evil and then we can go have an adventure. It'll be fun. I think it's my turn to get into trouble and you come save me. I'll be locked away in a distant castle, and you'll have to travel through a scary forest and cross a rickety bridge over a perilous chasm. You'll have to slay a giant wurm before climbing to the highest tower to find me in an enchanted sleep. And you'll lean over and wake me with a kiss, and we'll laugh and find out we now own the castle. Which will be terrible, cause we'll have to clean up the wurm remains."

Kyrad had lost his train of thought a while back. He was just saying whatever popped into his head at this point. Somewhere in the back of his mind he marveled at how messed up his mind was. A normal person would just talk about marriage and kids and a happy, boring life together. But Kyrad knew that their life together would never be boring. That didn't mean they couldn't be happy. It just meant they both had to be a little crazy. Kyrad figured he was already there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:24 am 
Site Admin

For a moment everything was silent. Ramona's eyes had shut and Fenrir was struggling to keep itself alive. Jennifer kept an eye on Fenrir and watched as the beast gave a last breath, its big head falling on the ground, eyes rolling back in. She shuddered and watched as it faded away into nothingness. She desummoned Dryadin and went with Cloud back over to Ramona.

She laid there still as ever...

"Mm...I've been a good girl.......can't I get that kiss now?"

Ramona's eyes slowly opened and she coughed weakly. "Heh...it's weird..." She mumbled. "I can see you...and Mr. Drake...and Cloud..." Ramona blinked and squinted as if she had to struggle to see something else. "I can also see Feather...she looks worried. And there's Mr. Drake on a bed...how can you be there and here? That's weird..."

"You must be waking up Ramona." Jennifer said softly.

"Oh?" Ramona smiled widely. "That's good, I'm probably famished. And my leg is healing...I can see Feather attending to it. Oh, Kyrad..." She looked over to him. "I can't wait to see you! I...I wanted to tell you..."

But Ramona was gone. She was no longer there with them but in the real world. Jennifer breathed a sigh of relief. "That's one of us gone. Now," She looked at Drake. "I have an idea on how to get myself out but I couldn't do so until all of you are out. So...hopefully Ramona is going to wake up Fiona." Jennifer turned to Kyrad. "Can you by any chance wake yourself up?"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:39 am 
Site Admin

"Easily," Kyrad replied. "But are you done here?" His body began to flicker.

"I owe you ... r help ... ona," it became more difficult to understand him as he blinked in and out of their reality. He looked down at his hands and seemed to realize something was happening. "... n't stay ... out a link ... ood lu ..."

And he was gone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:58 am 
Site Admin

Drake looked to Jennifer, then Fiona. "You should find yourself back in the real world soon Fiona. I'm sorry we couldn't have that walk in the sun you wanted. But soon enough. New Year's day we'll go for a walk in the sun."

Fiona stamped a foot and shouted back at Drake. "I'm holding you to that big brother!" before she faded away.

It was just he and Jennifer now. The great wolf cast out from Ramona's body, its essence banished to God knows where, but safely away.

He gazed into Jennifer's eyes. "Are you sure about this? I could see you through the rest of this."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 am 
Site Admin

"You are, sweetheart." Jennifer smiled sweetly and leaned forward to kiss him. "Kyrad gave me an idea earlier on how to break myself out of this reality. And...I think it's time I used this."

Taking it off from around her neck, Jennifer held the topaz crystal in her hand. "If I use this, it'll summon you to the ship where I am. If everything works out well enough, you and I will be standing on the deck. If it doesn't work...well...it's been an adventure, Graham." She reached out to hold her other hand in his. "Can I get a kiss before I try this?" For some reason, she felt shy about asking that rather than just outright kissing him.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 am 
Site Admin

Drake stepped in closer to Jennifer. "Together again....in reality. Not merely a dream world..." Drake nearly shed a tear but instead leaned in and kissed Jennifer, closed his eyes and took in the moment.

"Alright. When next we kiss it will be with flesh and blood lips" Said Drake.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:13 am 
Site Admin

"Mm." Jennifer smiled as she kissed him back before stepping away. She looked down at the topaz stone. She breathed deeply and raised it up to throw it on the ground to shatter it.

What happened next was a flash and a series of images from the past events. Jennifer felt nauseous and dizzy. She clutched her forehead and shut her eyes trying to keep the mindblowing images out. The only thing worse than this was the time at the witches castle where she had experienced that awful vision.

Jennifer opened her eyes and looked over to find herself on the ship in the rain again. Opposite her was Drake. She felt a little embarassed that the rain had soaked her white shirt but at this point she didn't care. Jennifer ran over and tackle Drake into a hug, her eyes filled with tears. "Graham! You made it! You made it!"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 am 
Site Admin

Drake smiled and embraced Jennifer. "Was there ever any doubt?" He said, and as promised, brushed a lock of wet hair out of Jennifer's face and kissed her deeply with his own flesh and blood lips.

After some time he finally let go. "The last time we were together....I wanted to tell you I was sorry for doubting you. I don't care what predictions there are, together we can change the future for the better. I should have trusted you from the beginning."

He brushed the back of his glove across his right eye. "The rain is getting in my eyes."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 am 
Site Admin

"You're sure you're not getting a little teary-eyed?" Jennifer teased as she kissed him again.

She smiled warmly and helped to stand Drake back up when she heard that familiar chime again. Her eyes widened and she looked around the sky.

"No....No not him! Not here! Not now!"

Sure enough, in the distance there he was. His dark raven black robes looked splotched with blood. Chains curled around his chest and he held a large scythe in his skeletal hands. Even with the hood covering the bone white face, Jennifer could tell who it was. Black wings extended from his back as he stared down at the two of them.

Jennifer just by reaction was standing in front of Drake now and looked around as around them rising up from the woodwork of the ship were skeletal pirates. "I'm sorry I brought you here." Was all Jennifer said.

Quest/ORP currently on:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next