Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: ORP Ghost Ship
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:21 am 
Site Admin

Drake stepped forward defiantly. "Don't apologize. I've been waiting for a chance to tell this bastard off." Drake said.

He crossed his arms and glared upward at death. "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? You broke your oath long ago demon. You've no right to ferry the souls of the departed any longer. And how dare you endanger the lives of the living. But that is hardly the biggest offense. Even if you've sided with the devil, betrayed all that is good and holy, and interfered with the passage of the dead to their eternal rest, to enslave them on this galley of yours, none of that matters compared to what you've done here..."

Drake pointed directly at Death. "You brought the woman I love into it. And for that I will never forgive you! I am Graham Drake, the Preacher in Black, he who walks the gray line in order to use any means necessary to assure victory for goodness and righteousness, and you have made the grave mistake of committing the sin that is most unforgivable."

Drake stomped his foot one time. "THOUGH I WALK IN THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH..." he shouted as around his waist his belt of holy weapons appeared.

"...I WILL FEAR NO EVIL...." He said stomping his foot a second time as his staff mace, which was coincidentally inscribed with the phrase he'd just uttered, appeared in his outstretched hand.

Stamping his foot a third time Drake shouted "....FOR THOU ART WITH ME!" And his rifle, similarly inscribed with that phrase, appeared strapped to his back.

After all, Drake had the spell formed while he was fully equipped for battle. It was bound, not only to him, but to everything he was carrying at the time.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:40 am 
Site Admin

Death merely stayed there, saying nothing. Instead, he glanced down at the skeleton pirates and gestured for them to start on the attack. Jennifer pulled out her glaive and enchanted it quickly with her Ziz spell. She could feel nauseous. She let go of the shaft with one hand and placed it on her stomach.

This is no time for morning sickness! Jennifer thought furiously. God damn you mother nature! God damn you!

Jennifer charged at the first of the skeletal pirates, swinging her glaive in a wide arc to catch most at their ribcages. A few bones fell out but their bodies were left in tact still. She switched her grip and swung again, knocking a few cutlasses out of their grips.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:09 am 
Site Admin

"Jennifer, don't waste time on the cannon fodder." Said Drake as he stuffed a cartridge into his rifle, upon which was written a Salamand aligned, Magical blast spell.

He aimed the rifle at the feet of several skeletons and pulled the trigger launching the projectile, which became more of a mortar than a bullet as hit hit the deck, exploding into a ball of fire, splinters, and shattered bone, obliterating several skeleton pirates.

Drake began reloading when another skeleton charged him. He parrayed its cutlass with the bayonet, and brought the butt of the gun up clubbing it once in the skull, and swept it back again pushing the skeleton off its feet. Before it could get up he promptly stomped down on its chest repeatedly until he'd crushed in its ribcage, as he finished reloading.

"Face us yourself, coward!"

This time he directed his gun toward Death himself and fired. A half inch ball of lead was a devastating enough projectile, but this one was inscribed with an Azrael aligned magical bolt, sending it streaking in a line of white light toward its target.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:43 am 
Site Admin

Death merely raised a hand and blocked the bullet with the bodies of two skeletal pirates. The remaining crew had either been melted by Drake or were cut apart by Jennifer's glaive. Death eyed Drake and immediately Jennifer noticed a mistake they had made. They had revealed their hand too early.

Death now was signing a spell. "Ik'Tulthu...Nichser...Sentak." It called in a voice that could only be described as painful to listen to. The spell encompassed the ship. Death chuckled deeply and sudden mini scythes were swirling all around Drake and Jennifer. As much as Jennifer wanted to cast a Defkon spell, she knew what it would likely result in. All she could do now was dodge. Death was out of her range and it would take too long to string a bow.

A scythe found its way buried into her shoulder. Jennifer gasped at the sudden pain, but hissed the pain instead of whimpering.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 am 
Site Admin

A powerful counterspell. This was the worst possible situation Drake could be in. Anything cast now would be immediately returned on Drake. On top of that he was left having to evade a storm of blades. Jennifer was faring worse, and he wished to run to her side, but was busy trying to evade scythes himself.

A blade raked across Drake's ankle. Thankfully, he was wearing armored greaves, but it was still able to trip him, leaving several more blades closing in on him. He rolled out of the way two blades missing him and landing in the deck of the ship, and the third gashing his shoulder.

Drake knew this would quickly end with Death's victory if he didn't press the offensive. But what was left? Just physical force. He wasn't sure if lead bullets alone would do enough damage to end this fight. Death at least manifested in the physical world, could in theory be beaten by enough physical force, but Drake's rifle alone wouldn't be enough. It would take the interplay of magic to defeat Death. That left just one thing. The holy weapons. Blessed with the supreme of all forms of magic, the holy blessings upon these traditional tools of the hunters was perhaps the only thing that could overpower a tier 3 counterspell. But were the handful of weapons on Drake's person enough? He'd have to make them count.

Drake ducked and weaved trying to get closer, pushing his luck, as Death was clearly tightening the storm of blades the closer Drake got to him. He had to get close enough to insure that every attack landed. He started with the knives. Plentiful, if weak. If he could land enough hits, maybe it would slow Death down enough to make it easier to land a hit.

One knife, Drake hurled as he got close, he moved and threw another. A third knife he hurled bounding over a sickle meant for his ankles, and it was followed by a fourth. A fifth he willingly cut it too close between two closing blades to hurl, just barely skipping off his chain mail.

Drake followed with the axes. He had only two, but they were heavier, and well balanced for throwing, much like a francisca or tomahawk. He threw one as he ran toward Death. A sickle was coming at Drake at neck level, forcing him to duck and slide beneath the unholy avatar of mortality. Drake found himself surrounded in spinning sickles by the time he threw his second axe at Death's back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:17 am 
Site Admin

"Graham!"

Jennifer shook her head in disbelief. She followed him in after having taken the sickle out of her shoulder. The feeling of warm blood seeping down her arm sickened her to the point she felt like she could be sick, but Jennifer shrugged it off. Instead, she kept the sickle and followed Drake in. Using the sickle, she made sure any sickles that came uncomfortably close to Drake would be deflected by herself.

Death made use of his sickles to deflect the knives that Drake was throwing. He sneered, if a skeleton could sneer, but his sickles weren't enough to deflect axes. One found its way to his right breastbone but he merely shook it off.

He raised his hand as if to sign another spell when something seemed to catch his attention. He glanced off into the distance before looking back at Drake and Jennifer. It seemed to consider the situation, his mandible clicking against his maxilla bones. It flapped its wings a few times before disappearing entirely.

Jennifer watched him disappear before rushing to the side of the ship. Her hands clenched the railing as she made a mess of herself. She hadn't noticed it in the beginning, but Death seemed to smell like rotting flesh.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:33 am 
Site Admin

Death suddenly vanished. Strange, but given the course of the battle, this was probably the best outcome. Drake sadly had through fighting the undead for years, become desensitized to the scent of rotting flesh. It was the smell of zombies, the smell of battle. To him it was normal. What concerned him more was Jennifer. She was bleeding and clearly ill. He rushed to her side.

"You're hurt. It's bleeding badly." Said Drake as he put pressure on the wound to slow the blood loss. "We came too close....too close. I hadn't imagined it was that powerful."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:39 am 
Site Admin

Jennifer nodded slowly and she laid her hand over her wound, softly chanting a Ziz level healing spell. The wound was able to slowly close but it still stung. She turned to Drake and leaned forward, exhausted into his arms. "I'm sorry." She mumbled. "I want to heal your wounds too but I'm much too tired..."

Drake could see over her shoulder though that the day was not done. Out from the waters was a giant sea serpent. It rose up, coil upon coil as it looked down at the couple. It tilted its head to the side and looked at the ship as Death's hand upon it was gone, the spirits rising up into the heavens.

"You two...you were the ones who caused all of this?" She snapped, impatiently waiting for an answer.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:44 am 
Site Admin

"I'll be alright. Only a little got through. You know there is an advantage to wearing nearly one hundred pounds of armor." Drake said lightening the mood.

He could feel a massive surge in power approaching, however it didn't feel hostile. As Death had withdrawn, the ghost ship began to fade away and release the souls it kept prisoner. Perhaps Death had flinched during their battle after all.

Drake nudged Jennifer. "I believe this is a friend of yours."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 am 
Site Admin

"Hm...I remember you now, Ziz spoke of you." The serpent leaned down to inspect Jennifer. In return, Jennifer stared wide eyed and looked a bit intimidated. Leviathan chuckled and looked around the environment again. "My sea seems to have become less....tainted. Even without the promise of a sigil you went ahead and exorcised the ship."

"W-Well..." Jennifer looked at the ground. "I had no choice. I landed on it. It was my fault."

Leviathan eyed her carefully. "So to earn my power you wish for another trial?"

"Quite frankly Ma'am, I would even in this state." Jennifer leaned on Drake still. "I'd probably fail and die but...I'd give it a shot."

Leviathan seemed to look at the sky before looking back down upon Jennifer. "There is no need to be modest, Lady of the Moon. I see you linked to two others, a child and a hag. One who sees the future for what it is at that moment of time...One who can manipulate the past memories of another against their will. You...you are the catalyst that can change the future as I am sure you are already aware."

Jennifer opened her mouth to say something but Leviathan shook her head. She could then feel herself almost get drenched with water. Not physically, but mentally? Jennifer shuddered and knew she had been given Leviathan's sigil.

"Now I understand you two need to be back somewhere. Do not worry young one, the one you seek shall arise at the most opportune time. Now, shall I carry you on my back?"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 am 
Site Admin

Drake looked to Jennifer and nodded. "Congratulations. I knew you had it in you." He said.

Drake wondered about what Leviathan said. To change the future. Then was it true. They could change the course of history. There was hope. These battles weren't without meaning.

An offer to ride atop a sea serpent of legend. It certainly beat trying to fly back with Jennifer in his arms the whole way, especially since Drake wasn't exactly sure which direction land was in.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 am 
Site Admin

The ride back wasn't quite as peaceful as Jennifer would have liked it. Exhausted, she stayed as close to Drake as possible until Leviathan got them to land. Once upon the shore, Jennifer could barely keep her eyes opened.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:33 am 
Site Admin

Drake let Jennifer lean on him for support. "Magrid will begin his attack soon. I'll focus on getting us back. Get some rest."

Drake began to puzzle out just how to get back. The topaz crystal was a one way spell. He examined his options. He'd already summoned his dragon before, so he wouldn't be able to call it again until the next day when it would be too late. He could fly back with Jennifer in his arms, but he couldn't fly fast enough to make it in time. The last option would be the fastest, but perhaps the most hazardous. He could make the return trip in a series of one mile teleports. It would take slightly less than ten seconds to cast the spell over each time, allowing for a maximum speed of 6 miles per minute, but he couldn't be sure he was going in a straight line, nor exactly where Veros was from here. Additionally there was the chance of teleporting into danger, and he didn't want to subject Jennifer, or his unborn children to the hazards of trans-planar transport. It looked like flying was the only way. He'd have to hope the others could hold back the attack until his arrival.

"Climb onto my back. I'll fly us the rest of the way. Wrap yourself in my cape, and I'll hold on to you. It won't be fast, but I can manage it." Drake said sounding defeated. At this rate he too would be exhausted by the time they arrived. Before Drake could act though the sky darkened. He looked up to see something massive blocking the sun. Was a storm gathering? No this looked much too solid to be a cloud.

Drake heard something approaching from above. A bird? It was much too large though. It was blue, and the closer it got the more he realized it looked not unlike a horse in scale. Someone was riding on top of it. A boy? PIOUS!

The lad leaped down from his avian steed and landed in front of Drake. "Pious Augustine Hadrian reporting sir. As you can see Miss Jennifer is safe and sound....er if a bit exhausted. I'm sorry I couldn't keep her from wandering into danger, and I did have to reveal myself."

Pious spoke with a level of confidence that Drake hadn't seen before. He stood up straight, and looked Drake in the eye as he spoke. He even seemed a little bit taller. Whatever boy Drake sent out to accompany Jennifer, a man had returned in his stead.

"Good job. I'll provide your payment as soon as we get back to Veros. It looks like both you and Jennifer have grown stronger." Drake said.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:02 am 
Site Admin

"Pious!"

Jennifer's eyes widened. She stumbled over slightly before wrapping her arms gently around him. She breathed in his scent in and smiled warmly. "I'm so glad you're safe...You don't think my Rook is around here, do you?"

Just as she mentioned him, the unmounted bird crept closer to them and pressed his beak to her shoulder. Jennifer grinned and rubbed the beak affectionately.

"This is the rook who I learned to fly with. Isn't he cute, Graham?"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:41 am 
Site Admin

"Indeed he is," Drake responded, taking a closer look at the birds.

"Fascinating. Something this size is capable of flight. There were legends of giant birds that could carry a person, but I always imagined they were long extinct. So this is what Ziz was up to." Drake commented.

He turned to Pious next. "So then, do you know the way back from Veros from here? We need to get back there quickly."

Pious nodded. "I was on my way back there myself. Look up. Ziz lent us his entire army."

Drake found this quite fortunate. That meant the thing blocking the sun, must be the floating island Jennifer's letters talked about. Ziz was a useful ally. A lot more so than a grouchy old man in a cave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next