Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: NoiRPG: Little Red Riding Hood
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:43 am 
Site Admin

"Anybody dead?" I asked her plainly. If there was a murder, particularly a buddy of a dirty cop, then there would be more trouble coming down on this place. "Listen, whatever you do if he comes back, send him packing. The police feed info to the mob. And then not only will Fiona have dirty cops on her back, you'll have the mob on yours. That's not good for either of you." I explained. Not that I had to. She knew how this stuff worked.

"They won't deal with the mob over a one man scuffle, just as long as they don't see Fiona, or even if they do, as long as they don't make the connection. If they ask, go with that thoery of yours. She's just a lovechild from the war who tracked me down. If anything maybe you can throw the heat off of yourself. I'd rather they come after me than back for you." I went on.

"Look I know the kid's a trouble magnet, and I'm sorry for bringing this all down on you so suddenly. You've got problems of your own I see. But hey...you know that offer I made last night. Where I said if anybody gives you trouble, you call on me? Well it still stands. I might be hard to find, but if you really need to find me and I mean REALLY need to find me, here's how you do it. Wait in the early morning for the paperboy. His name's Jimmy Pious, About fourteen, blond hair and freckles. I pulled him out of some hot water when a few low level crooks tried to set up an extortion ring in the neighborhood. He's been my contact with the papers ever since. The kids call him "Jimmy Jackrabbit" because of how fast he is. You might have trouble catching him, but offer him chocolate and he'll stop for you. You find him, he can find me."

When I was done with that long spiel I was ready to hit the hay. I needed to be out before the sun, maybe I could give Jimmy the low down before I went out. But I couldn't help but think how I'd brought all this trouble on Bianca. She was doing her best out here and taking care of a kid of her own. I guess we both had kids in this thing, and kids just didn't belong in the kind of world I lived in.

"Thanks for all the help, Bianca. Really I mean it. I was up a river back there, and right now I don't think there's anyone else I can trust more than you."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:49 am 
Site Admin

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, the blood gone from my hands. I turned to look at Drake and immediately felt concerned for his well being. I listened as he spoke, not saying a single word. Gently, I raised my index finger and placed it on Drake's lips in a hushing motion. "You're tired, I'm tired...We're all ready for some sleep." I leaned forward and gave Drake a kiss. Not a hard one like we had done the night before or just a brief peck...This was one I hoped would reassure him that was ready to stand by his side.

"I trust you too. So, I will tell you this. I'm scared for you, Drake."

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:02 am 
Site Admin

I smiled with a false confidence and swagger I was well practiced at. The kind I'd been showing Fiona all day to keep the poor kid from just breaking down with all the mayhem going on. "Hey. I'll be fine. After all Hitler couldn't do me in. What chance do a few hired goons have? And back then I didn't have the town's toughest dame in a long split dress on my side." It old her with a wink.

"Now if you don't mind I'm going to get some rest. Can't be caught napping on my feet tomorrow. Going to be a busy day."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 am 
Site Admin

"I know that."

I nod my head though it feels like lead at this point. I had hunted that bastard of an ex down along with some of his friends. They had all escaped unscathed except for one. Fortunately, they know nothing of this location. Instead, I let my emotions get the better of me and I wrapped my arms around Drake. I was scared shitless for him. I just...wish he'd open up to me...To tell me that maybe just maybe...he was scared too.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:39 am 
Site Admin

Bianca holds on to me tight, squeezing like she's afraid to let go. I feel a little something well up inside of me. Something I was hoping wouldn't get involved with this case. I keep telling myself not to fall for the dame. I tell myself not to drag her and that kid into all of this mess any more than I already have.

Stay hard. Don't let yourself get softhearted now. "Yeah...get some sleep Doll Face. Too late to worry about it now." I told her, with a hand on her shoulder, firm but gentle at the same time. A girl like that you have to be strong with, but never rough. I can't stand guys who get rough with dames.

I sit back down and lean back, like I'm not worried at all. I try not to let it show on the old pokerface what I'm thinking. Wondering just how deep in I was. If the cops and the mob were both in on it. Even against Hitler there were some guys on my side too. Truth is, here I was all alone. And worse off I was getting too close to this. The kid wasn't just a client anymore. I always had a soft spot for kids, and I was genuinely scared for her. Scared for myself too. I may not have much to lose, but I didn't much plan on taking the big dirt nap any time soon.

Now like some big idiot, I'd gone and let myself meet back up with an old flame, and my head was trying hard to tell my heart not to fall in love, but clearly it wasn't hard enough.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"