Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What has been your worst job experiences?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:15 am 
Site Admin

I just feel like ranting right now.

I remember one time I was at work (I work at Burger King) and I had a fever right after my break. However I worked the rest of my shift since they needed me. Sick in bed next two days.

Couple weeks later, someone brags about how they once worked a shift with a headache and how greatful everyone should be. I so....wanted...to...slap them. It's not something to brag about and compare to others.

So anyone else? I've got more coming.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:17 am 
OMNIMOD

Working an entire 8 Hour shift in a tin plated building once used to build WWII P51-D Mustang fighter planes in 15degree weather with 35mph winds (working right where the wind likes to blow in too) with no heat source but welding or running a torch anywhere till the next day.

Being sick at work does not compair to the misery of low temperatures and high winds. Until yall experience something similar you do not know the meaning of the phrase "bitter cold."

Name: Dyne Ralley -- Human
Reputation- Big Brother, Man with Monkey on his back, Savior
Classes: Swordsmen, FistFighter, Occultist
Gold: 97

Weapons: Katana, Double Bladed Wakizishi, Attack Fan, Serrated Saber, Boot Dagger, Sledge Hammer's Sledge Hammer, Kogarasu Maru, Mugen Sword

--Food Items:
--Items: Bandage Roll, Local Histroy Book, 2 Packs Modern Matches, Oil Lantern, 1 Quart Lamp Oil, 1 Tourch, 3 Strange Crystals, Golden Silverware Set, Sledge Hammer's Quartz
--Clothing/Armor: Tabbard, Full Mantel Chainmail, Leather Armor (painted red), Scaloped Steel Full Plate Bracers, Sword Link Chain, Steel Toed Boots, Red Long Coat

Inn:

Quests Completed: Rescue Party, Snippity Snap
Sword Moves: Flawless Ellegence (Lv3) - Thunder Bolt Cut
----------------------------------------
Name: Rau Mavia -- Man Beast (Ox)
Nickname: Rocky
Classes: Brute, Swordsmen, Fistfighter
Gold: 7G

--Food Items: 19 Cans of Food, 1 Giant Handled Can Opener, Cast Iron Pan
--Other Items: 10 Matches, 1 Bandage Roll, Map & Compass
--Clothing: Extra Long Extra Large Heavy Cape, Giant Sized Comforatble Shoes

Quests: 0
Lifting Max: 2,020Lbs
Sword Moves: Wicked Juggler
-------------------------------------
Name: Ryan Durant -- Human
Nickname: RD
Classes: Swordsmen, Slayer, Occultist
Gold: 5G

--Food Items: 6 Days Traveling Food, 2lbs Coffee Beans
--Other Items: 6 Reload Cylinders for Heavy Revolver, 24 Additional Heavy Revolver rounds, 24 Shotgun Shells (12 Scatter, 12 Slugs), 20 Blast Sword Rounds, 10 Holy Knives, 2 Holy Axes, 1 Cross, 1 Oak Steak, 18 Matches, 4 Bandage Rolls, Telescope, Map & Compass, Pouch of Silver Dust
--Clothing/Armor: Vatican Leather Armor

Misc: Empty Vial for Holy Water

Quests: 0
Sword Moves: Fireworks
----------------------------------------------

Bot Post Deletion Count: 35

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

Ouch...The closest I get to that is working drive thru when it's puring buckets of rain outside and the wind is at my face X.x

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:38 am 
Quest Master

I used to work for a company that does "Automotive Interior Repair." This meant that I got to go out to every used car lot in the area and fix cigarette burnholes in upholstery and tears and scratches in doors and dashes and whatnot. Usually right on the lot.

Sometimes I'd get to bring the cars into the service shop of the dealership, but most of the time I worked on the lot. A lot of the managers really didn't want me to start the cars either(don't ask me why). I learned a lot about Michigan weather and how when you are in an expansive parking lot with very little wind-break it can get cold. Don't get me started about doing the job on car-rental lots near the airport. Bitter cold is indeed a concept I am familiar with.

I'm so happy to work indoors now.

Classes: Slayer, Swordsman, Craftsman
Weapon(s): Sword, Serrated Scimitar
Armor: Leather Gauntlets (pair)
Money: 185Gold
Posessions: Fancy clothing, reinforced at the seams, Leather vest, spare clothes, Coat. Suit of Bronze Half-plate Armor, Pair of Bronze Half-plate Gauntlets/Bracers, 1 Rosary. 2 Holy Axes, 10 Holy knives, 1 vial of Holy water (1 pint), 0 Holy cross, 1 Oak stake, 1 Tent, 1 Canteen, 1 Map/compass combo, 3 Roll bandages, 1 Pair of flint, 1 set Sewing Needles/ Thread, Traveling Food:1 Days worth, 1 Bag of Candy, Nikolai's Silver Flask, Halloween Voucher
Quests Completed: 2
Item Crash: Knives(Lv.1), Axe(Lv.1), Cross(Lv.1), Holy Water(Lv.1), Garlic(Lv.1), Oak Stake(Lv.2), Good Book(Lv.1), Silver Stake(Lv.0)
Skills Record: "Righteous Indignation"(Lv.1), "Divine Rage"(Lv.1)
Bio/Skills Descrip: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1010

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:29 am 
Site Admin

You think YOU have it hard. You never worked in redneck ville. When I was 15 I helped restore mobile homes for $5 an hour. Due to the intense heat during mid summer I was only allowed (or able) to work 3 hours.

We're talking in full breather, gloves, long sleeves, in the hot Mississippi sun, tearing out walls, burnt insulation, (yeah we did a lot of restoration after fire damage).

Thank God that place went out of business, and my parents started an antique store I could work at. Consider that moving furniture (including pianos) was considered a step up from the old job.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

Post subject: Re: What has been your worst job experiences?
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:15 am 
Zombie

I am doing job in MNC company as a software engineer. So sometime i have to do BPO job as well i have to give training to other employee. So it is very worst job experience for me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What has been your worst job experiences?
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:18 pm 
Adventurer

Get this - so I manage to land myself a job as a Functionality Tester (i.e. Game Tester) for Sega. Sounds awesome, right? Every time I tell people about it, they're like, "OMG that must be every guy's DREAM JOB!" etc etc...

So, yeah, the pay was terrible and the three shifts to choose from each had inconvenient hours - you were either up at 4am to head out to the middle of nowhere (where the offices are based) or getting home at like midnight (which, for me, sucked, as I never got to see the friends I was living with and missed out on most things going on after 9 to 5 jobs finished). You were also encouraged to work overtime on weekends, and threatened with poor reviews if you didn't participate. So, when the overnight shift opened up temporarily, I took the opportunity as it paid SLIGHTLY more than the other two shifts and could just about help me keep a roof over my head for a while. Also, as you were working overnight, you didn't have to come in for overtime on weekends.

So, I was working 10pm - 7am, and I don't drive so I'd take the morning train home to sleep during the daytime. After a few months of doing this, everyone's skin practically goes grey, eyes are all red, eating patterns are messed up and I'm getting ill a lot. But it's okay, because the shift is only temporary and we'll be heading back into normal hours soon enough...

Next thing, we notice that they've employed people behind us to work on the afternoon shift in our place... where does that leave us, you ask? Well, they let us know that they've lost some projects they thought they'd landed, so we're all up for performance reviews. Some of us get fired then and there, the rest get put on hold for about six months... or at least, that's what they're told. They actually get letters of dismissal in the post. Everyone gets axed.

Weapons: "Ol' Rusty", various scalpels and other instruments
Money: 137G 9S
Possessions (equipped): Hat, Hooded Cloak, Tabard, Boots
Possessions (inventory): Autopsy Tools, 20 Page Notebook (15 out of 20 pages left), 1 Blank Scroll, 1 Piece of Flint, 3 days worth of travelling food, 1 pack of Cigarette Paper, 1 tin of Tobacco, 1 pack of Modern Matches, 1 Wooden Pipe, 1x Canteen, 1x Bandages
Quests Completed: Lost Scarecrow, Black Reunion (ORP)
Quests Currently On: A Debtor's Hardships
Reputations: Undaunted Necromancer
Skill Record:
Servants: 5 Maximum.
Summoned: 2x Zombies, 1x Hand Floater
Unsummoned: "Dire Wolf" Chimera (Monster).
Autopsied: Chimera, Human.
Sacrificed: 2
Sphere of Influence: 18 feet.
Unlocked Abilities: Raise Monster, Become Undead

Profile E-mail