Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Stocking the Cabin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

"Regardless." Kia waves her hand as Gilgamesh explains the other vampires to her; she listens closely, a small, still smile the only expression she has. "Tea eh? In my country, the dead warriors typically prefer mead," She chuckles at her own joke. "You've explained all these vampires, yes, but here's what I think. We two managed to defeat you, though Magrid did butt in, sure. But I figure besides Magrid those others won't differ that drastically in power with you. Note the amount of slayers and other warriors itching for a chance to remove one of them from the picture?" Kia casts a look outside, "Even that fool looked like the type. When you come right down to it, we WILL eventually have a numbers advantage. Dozens, maybe hundreds may die to take down one of them, but that's a number they can't replace. Say what you will about mortals, but they have the distressing tendency to keep on popping up powerful enough to take one of you on in a scant few decades."

Kia swings her feet back up on the table, leaning back on her chair; "But I propose that we hedge our bets. There are quite a few things in this world that can easily dispatch a vampire or worse. Epic, legendary things. Thor's hammer, for instance, is still thought to exist up North as is Odin's spear. What I'm thinking is we go and find as many as we can. We arm a few select people here and there, those we think we can trust and if necessary defeat. Then we turn them loose." Kia's eyes start taking a glazed, dreamy cast to them, "Yes, we turn them loose. It'd be absolute chaos, but in the time we'd strip Magrid's defenses. We, meanwhile, would be able to take him on on equal footing or, even better, unequal footing. He doesn't deserve an honorable duel or a glorious death, after all.

And when all is said and done? The world will fix itself. The objects will scatter themselves across the Earth as some run from the greedy. Others will hunt and kill the greedy, then scatter them as if it was their responsibility to humanity. Many will be lost to Dracula's castle. When you get right down to it, the victory will be worth the chaos."

viewtopic.php?t=994

Weapons: Razor-edged shield; hooked hand axe; bolted sword; Krauser's knife; Gilgamesh's blade
Armor: Tabard; steel full-plate gauntlets/bracers; leather greaves/shoulder pads; crimson steel breastplate with gorget; steel-toed shoes
RP Things: Boat, Shack, Secluded cabin
Other items: Long jacket/cape/hood; smoked glasses
Foodstuffs: 2 smoked slabs of beef; 2 blocks of cheese
Money: 70g

Kia's Cabin

Quests Completed: Scavenger Hunt, Epic of Gilgamesh, Clearing House, Lost Love
Skills Learned: Axe Hook; Distance Attack (Level 4); Shield Distance Attack; Axe Flurry; Boomerang Attack; Grievous Blow; Crowd Control; Combined Fury; Flurry 30
Recipes: Sandwich

Other Characters: Dural (Alchemist/Warlock/Archer), Paulus Heller (Tamer/Warlock/Assassin), Giacamo Reggiano (Seer/Merchant/Mercenary)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:35 am 
Site Admin

At the suggestion Gilgamesh rubbed his beard considering the possibility. Then he shook his head. "Dracula considered that long ago. He's gathered many of those great legendary weapons into his own castle and locked them away in its depths. If you want to find them you'll have to venture into hell its self. You and your companions saw a small sample of the castle's true depths last time you were there." He explained briefly as the water came to a boil and he placed in the green leaves.

Gilgamesh poured two strong cups. "I haven't any sugar on hand. I hope you don't mind." He jested as he took a moment smelling the aromas appreciating it with heightened senses a human could not conceive of, then sipped a bit slowly enjoying the drink and taking it in. It wasn't to be chugged like a bear, it was meant to be savored and appreciated and enjoyed with all the senses.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

"But he couldn't have gotten all of them, and there are many such items we can't even hold," Kia points out. "The Guild is sending members into the castle all the time. Think about it, Gilgamesh... how many years does Magrid have on us? How much more of a number and power advantage? I mean, I know I'm from the North where a hopeless fight is considered attractive, but we're PRACTICAL about it. We go out of our way to try every other method before we'll try that. If we have to fight and lose, then we will, but we'll try to win first and foremost."

Kia leaves her tea on the table- doesn't look like she wants to drink some for now.

"So if we take down Magrid, will you become human as well?"

viewtopic.php?t=994

Weapons: Razor-edged shield; hooked hand axe; bolted sword; Krauser's knife; Gilgamesh's blade
Armor: Tabard; steel full-plate gauntlets/bracers; leather greaves/shoulder pads; crimson steel breastplate with gorget; steel-toed shoes

Kia's Cabin

Skills Learned: Axe Hook; Distance Attack (Level 4); Shield Distance Attack; Axe Flurry; Boomerang Attack; Grievous Blow; Crowd Control; Combined Fury; Flurry 30

Other Characters: Dural (Alchemist/Warlock/Archer), Paulus Heller (Tamer/Warlock/Assassin), Giacamo Reggiano (Seer/Merchant/Mercenary)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:59 am 
Site Admin

Gilgamesh looked at his own hands. "Ive lived as a vampire for hundreds of years now. To change back is no longer possible without my death. You however....so long as you do not give in to bloodlust you can change back. But once you've given yourself over to darkness there is no return to the light.

Furthermore....you know I still admire count Dracula. At least the Dracula from my time. A man whom I rode into battle alongside against the turks in defense of our homeland. A man whom ruled his land with an iron fist but was not above jesting by the fire with his troops. And a Dracula who believed strength existed to protect all that which is precious to one's self.

Only.....I see Magrid's behavior. He too was one of our own. But to him the power has become more important than the protection. And Dracula himself.....Whom is he closer to now? If we meet again after all these years, will he be the man I knew, or the monster Magrid worships?"

"Defeating Magrid is necessary, but Dracula's resurrection may also be."

Gilgamesh thought things over. "The battle will be long and bloody. Many lives will be lost. But there are things going on we still don't understand. I feel even if we attain victory we will still only play into some greater ploy."

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:15 am 
Site Admin

"Unfortunately, that's the way life is. And given my previous behavior, I don't think I'll make it until Magrid's death." Kia shrugs. "Whatever the case, I'm not particularly sure that some things matter to me, as long as there's somewhere I can fight. This is kinda like the ultimate adventure for me." Kia finally takes a sip of her tea, grimaces, and puts it back down. "Sow discord and chaos, that's my kinda thing. Maybe that's not the normal thing to think about, but think about where I'm from. We were all about war: in a way it brings out the best and worst in people. Just like it did with Dracula, if I remember my history right.

So if Dracula brings war, I'm fine with that, in a sense. What I don't like are people like Magrid. I don't like controlling, scheming bastards that throw away their men like he did with you. I'm willing to take the steps necessary to remove him."

It might occur to Gilgamesh that something doesn't sound quite... right about what Kia says. There's something in her eyes, a gleam that reveals a twist or warp in her psyche.

Maybe it was the hunger.

"Like I said. We like a good fight, even if we end up losing. But winning's all the better... so one step at a time, eh?"

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin