Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Quest: Skullduggery (Reggie)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:34 am 
Site Admin

The Hunter's Guild map lead Reggie to the ruins of Old Veros, where a few rotted cabins dot the area around it. He's lead to a particularly well-maintained cabin, which looks like it's been lived in for some time, now.

The door is shut, but it doesn't look locked. A glance at some dirty windows reveals a single candle has been lit on the inside.

viewtopic.php?t=994

Weapons: Razor-edged shield; hooked hand axe; bolted sword; Krauser's knife; Gilgamesh's blade
Armor: Tabard; steel full-plate gauntlets/bracers; leather greaves/shoulder pads; crimson steel breastplate with gorget; steel-toed shoes
RP Things: Boat, Shack, Secluded cabin
Other items: Long jacket/cape/hood; smoked glasses
Foodstuffs: 2 smoked slabs of beef; 2 blocks of cheese
Money: 70g

Kia's Cabin

Quests Completed: Scavenger Hunt, Epic of Gilgamesh, Clearing House, Lost Love
Skills Learned: Axe Hook; Distance Attack (Level 4); Shield Distance Attack; Axe Flurry; Boomerang Attack; Grievous Blow; Crowd Control; Combined Fury; Flurry 30
Recipes: Sandwich

Other Characters: Dural (Alchemist/Warlock/Archer), Paulus Heller (Tamer/Warlock/Assassin), Giacamo Reggiano (Seer/Merchant/Mercenary)

Post subject: Re: Quest: Skullduggery (Reggie)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:48 am 
Vampire Hunter

BUYING!
41 Gold Before
ONE Travler's Food
TWO Canned food
1 Torch
Can Openner
41-7=34 Gold Left

-------------------------------

His cigarette was already being smoked for the relaxation that it gave him. Reggie felt like it was back in China when he had to find this China Man's missing wife. Long story in the end the guy died in a hail of bolts when he saw his wife look at him and smile sickingly. Needless to say everyone was arrested or died, but things like this never ended well.

Reggie knocked on the door first. "Mr. Rev, the guild sent me. I'm coming in." Turning the door knob slowly, carefully and with his gun ready Reggie was ready to meet his client. Quickly openning the door and looking around the room fast for anything out of the ordinary. "So Mr. Rev, what can I help you with?"

Items: 30 normal Bullets, Alternate Outfit, Quick Combo Pamphlet, Amber-Set Insect Pendant, Smoked Turkey Drumstick, Fruit Cake
Weapon: Harpoon(Inlayed with Silver), Short sword, Custom 9 shot revolver, Rat Flail, Billhook, Serpent Fang(Hell Knight Pole arm)
Equipment: Full Copper Plate Bracers x 2, Leather Armor, Full Hell Knight Armor(Not attached or worn together)
Money:176 gold
Alignment: Neutral
Special Moves
Piercing Snake Reel, Sniping Impaler Snake, Vicious Snake Bite, Two more Specials
Quests completed: Droll Patrol, Hell's Armory
Reputation:Front Line Fighter, Likes The Thick of It, Brings The Smite, Guardian of Engaia
viewtopic.php?t=1225
--------------------------
Character Name: Reggie Falkenrath
Species: Human
Classes: Mentalist, Seer, Marksman
Items: Tobacco Tinx2, Cigarette paperx2, Modern Matchesx2, Notebook, Bandages, 5x Empty Bottles, Smoked Turkey Drumstick, Fruit Cake, Can Opener, Canned food, Torch, Travelers Food(1), Very Fine French Wine, 20x Normal Bullet, 20 Musket Balls with a horn of gunpowder
Weapon: 6 shot Revolver, Tri-Spike Dagger, 20x Throwing Knives, Unnamed Long Rifle
Equipment: Tabbard
Money: 57 gold 7 Silvers 5 Copper
Alignment: Hero
Quests completed: Skullduggery, Kill Team
viewtopic.php?f=25&p=12934#p12934

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:59 am 
Site Admin

"Glad you've come."

The voice is hollow, almost rattling. Reggie gets the distinct impression that whoever Mr. Rev is, he should have an accent, but it's... missing. Like it's been surgically cut out of his voice.

"Guildsman. Please come in and take a seat." The voice continues. Reggie becomes aware that whoever Mr. Rev is, he's only capable of seeing a shape in a long trenchcoat and hat standing just barely out of range of the candle's light. "I assure you, you are safe here."

viewtopic.php?t=994

Weapons: Razor-edged shield; hooked hand axe; bolted sword; Krauser's knife; Gilgamesh's blade
Armor: Tabard; steel full-plate gauntlets/bracers; leather greaves/shoulder pads; crimson steel breastplate with gorget; steel-toed shoes

Kia's Cabin

Skills Learned: Axe Hook; Distance Attack (Level 4); Shield Distance Attack; Axe Flurry; Boomerang Attack; Grievous Blow; Crowd Control; Combined Fury; Flurry 30

Other Characters: Dural (Alchemist/Warlock/Archer), Paulus Heller (Tamer/Warlock/Assassin), Giacamo Reggiano (Seer/Merchant/Mercenary)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:19 am 
Vampire Hunter

Reggie holsters his gun and takes a nice deep breathe. "Sorry about that sir. I'm also sorry for my smoking. It's hard to kick the habit now that I've gotten so used to it. I'm Reggie Falkenrath." Attempting to get a better look at Mr. Rev Reggie steps forward a little more into the light trying to shake the man's hand.

"Mr. Rev, with the vague description and the huge donations to the guild you have given I can only guess that this is a something very important?" He looked glanced around the room. The outside appearance of the house seemed to be well kept, but was the inside done just as well? "Now, I'm here to help, so any information you would like to disclose to me would be a great help to me."

Items: 30 normal Bullets, Alternate Outfit, Quick Combo Pamphlet, Amber-Set Insect Pendant, Smoked Turkey Drumstick, Fruit Cake
Weapon: Harpoon(Inlayed with Silver), Short sword, Custom 9 shot revolver, Rat Flail, Billhook, Serpent Fang(Hell Knight Pole arm)
Equipment: Full Copper Plate Bracers x 2, Leather Armor, Full Hell Knight Armor(Not attached or worn together)
Special Moves
Piercing Snake Reel, Sniping Impaler Snake, Vicious Snake Bite, Two more Specials
Reputation:Front Line Fighter, Likes The Thick of It, Brings The Smite, Guardian of Engaia
viewtopic.php?t=1225
Items: Tobacco Tinx2, Cigarette paperx2, Modern Matchesx2, Notebook, Bandages, 5x Empty Bottles, Smoked Turkey Drumstick, Fruit Cake, Can Opener, Canned food, Torch, Travelers Food(1), Very Fine French Wine, 20x Normal Bullet, 20 Musket Balls with a horn of gunpowder
Weapon: 6 shot Revolver, Tri-Spike Dagger, 20x Throwing Knives, Unnamed Long Rifle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:08 am 
Site Admin

As Reggie gets closer to the light and extends his hand, Mr. Rev takes two steps back. Now he's totally in the darkness. The candle doesn't illuminate much of the inside of the cabin, but at the very least his table and chair are free of dust.

"No handshake, I'm afraid." Mr. Rev's voice sadly responds, "But pleased to meet you, Mr. Falkenrath. Advice/Rule, Keeper of the Falcon. Interesting name. Mr. Falkenrath, I have a job for you- a small job for a lone hunter. Your Guild has not been informed of things as of late, but I keep myself... VERY well informed." Mr. Rev moves within his clothes, his strange clipped lack-of-accent echoing about the cabin. "Dracula's Castle has been recreating itself as of late, and with its expansion strange things have awoken in the world. Many have awoken near Veros. There are three such creatures that I have been tracking as of late, and it is only a matter of time before one of the mindless beings stumbles across someone and fully awakens. That must not happen."

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:47 am 
Vampire Hunter

"Creatures? What sort of creatures are we talking about, Mr. Rev?" He motioned back a bit trying to take everything in. "And why have you been tracking... no how do you know about these beings? " Reggie said taking a slow drag from his cigarette.

"There are things you are leaving out, Mr. Rev." He sighed. "Where do we start from?"

Special Moves
viewtopic.php?t=1225

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:49 am 
Site Admin

"In due time. It's suspicious, I know. But I believe I'm leaving something out, alright." Three bags hit the table, each jingling promisingly as they land by the table. "One for each monster. They are, for a lack of a better word, zombies. I cannot quite explain what they are because no name truly exists for them. They are abominations, and MUST be dealt with. Unfortunately, I'm just a concerned citizen. I'm quite unable to tackle them myself.

These... zombies, again, I am loathe to use the word... each are unique. They possess moderate intelligence and have no owner, but they're currently in a sort of a fugue, you might say. For now, they are vulnerable. However, as soon as they start realizing who and what they are, and especially if they manage to feed, they will become progressively more difficult and cunning to deal with. It seems I've spent a lifetime researching these three things, Mr. Falkenrath, and let me assure you, they must be destroyed.

The first I have nicknamed Thomas, and he is the most foul of all. In life, he must have been a swordsman. In death, he is just as able with a blade. His reaction times have lessened but as he awakens he will grow more powerful.

The second is Richard, and he was a big brute of a man. Some time ago someone dealt him a head wound that has laid him out and rendered him... inactive for some time. He has found himself rebuilt but you may be able to take advantage of his old wound.

The third, thankfully, will be the easiest to deal with. He is named Henri. As far as I can tell, it was buried within the Old Veros graveyard and is still trying to get out. Like the others, it went into torpor and has yet to fully awaken. You may want to start there.

The only way to destroy them is to remove their undead hearts. If you cut off their head, they will reattach it. If you shoot their brain to mush, they will keep moving. Only their heart keeps them going. Once you remove their heart, bring it to me for proof of their demise, and I will reward you."

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:07 am 
Vampire Hunter

"I guess I can safely assume you're intentions are good then." So many secrets this man was hiding. So many lies he could've weaved. What was Mr. Rev hiding from him? Reggie was gonna find out, but not today. He was only sent by the guild for one reason, to find this man's intentions. "I'll help you on your mission Mr. Rev, but I do have some worries."

The inspector held up his hand and showing one finger. "One. Why not inform the guild of these monsters?" Another finger goes up. "Two, I'll agree to help you, but would I need to acquire some companions for Thomas and Richard? From what you describe they are abnormally powerful." the third and last finger went up. "Do you have anymore information on Henri? I'd like to know what exactly he is compared to the others"

Another long drag from his cigarette. "Other then that, you have an ally in me, Mr. Rev."

Special Moves
viewtopic.php?t=1225

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:20 am 
Site Admin

"Because the guild, Mr. Falkenrath, are full of sociopaths and socially-inept bloodthirsty individuals. I figured that by sending one of you to INVESTIGATE that they would send someone of a clearer mind." Mr. Rev chuckles, "And it seems they have, since you have not tried to gather some information by force. As it stands, Mr. Falkenrath, as you can guess I am not particularly fond of being attacked when I don't play by their game.

Now, Henri... Henri, as far as I can tell, was felled some time ago by a rifleman and buried. Other wounds have prevented his corpse from digging free of the grave. His body is shattered and he continues to keep it shattered by his repeated escape attempts." If Mr. Rev's face could be seen, Reggie can tell that he'd be a trifle... satisfied. "Just go to the graveyard yourself, if you don't believe me. You'll hear the thumps and the crack of bone.

You may find yourself an ally or two or even ten, if you wish. But only you are allowed within this cabin to talk to me. ONLY you. I know you do not truly trust me, and I do not truly trust you... but we may be able to come to a concord within this cabin, yes?"

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:52 am 
Vampire Hunter

Reggie chuckled at Mr. Rev's answer about the guild. For some reason he does see the truth in that. "I believe you and I understand our agreement." There was one final question he needed to ask though. "Since you've studied the beings, how long do we have until they realise their full abilities and how long do I have to stop them?"

Special Moves
viewtopic.php?t=1225

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:10 am 
Site Admin

Mr. Rev's... voice carries the frown that Reggie can't see. "At first, their powers were regaining slowly. Very slowly. But lately they've been getting stronger at a near-exponential rate. I don't know if they have an upper limit, but I would prefer not to find out. If you go to find helpers, you had best get a powerful one, or get several. They will strengthen while you search. Thankfully, I've managed to lure them within easy distance of Old Veros."

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:23 am 
Vampire Hunter

OOC: People who Reggie is recruiting are Foxx Revtor, Altham and Rev. Blake Emmerson Lancaster

Reggie's hand twitched at the words near-exponential. "Three more questions before I have to go back to town for supplies and help. What else do you know about Thomas and Richard, how did you find out about these creatures and where are Thomas and Richard now?" After he got his answer Reggie nods and walks out of the house. Pulling his revolver out just in case and making haste back to Veros to recruit his members.

Once his members are recruited and lets them get their supplies as needed Reggie makes a quick stop at the market place for bullets. About 24 Gold worth of bullets(30-24=10Gold left) making him have a total of 30 bullets, the six in his revolver included, and took the group back to Old Veros explaining the situation to them.

Special Moves
viewtopic.php?t=1225

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:42 am 
Site Admin

"In life, they were stronger than your average man in many senses of the word. In death, they have transferred those skills. I have tracked their un-lives since they were first turned... I have a sense of danger, Mr. Falkenrath, and immediately knew they were trouble.

Currently Richard has followed an unlucky woman who recently clashed with a cannibal in Old Veros. It's a bakery. Somehow it managed to get itself shut into the basement and is eating the rotting body parts there. I locked the door and ran soon after.

Thomas is more difficult. I last saw him wandering about a tree in the forest, trying to get to the tree but failing- it seems the tree is letting out a holy ward. There WERE some other zombies there, but he has probably killed them off by now. I do not know why, but they both will kill almost anything that comes near them, living or undead."

Reggie heads off, and it takes him about 2 hours to get his friends and bring them back to the cabin.

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:07 am 
Vampire Hunter

Reggie told the group on the way back to Old Veros of the things he discussed with Mr. Rev. It was probably a lot to take in at one go. Sadly they didn't have the time or energy to waste trying to figure out ALL that stuff at once. "We're going after Thomas first. He seems to be the most dangerous right now."

Reggie pulls out his revolver and leads them towards the rumored Holy Tree. Keeping the ever constant eye out for trouble. Once Reggie sees the ward he stops the group and turns to them. "Ok, any suggestions?"

Special Moves
viewtopic.php?t=1225

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:12 am 
Warrior

In pack: Tent
--------------
Foxx stumbled forward a bit, maybe he wasn't the most graceful when not in combat, having the adrenaline pumping really helped his movement. He wasn't totally sure what he was thinking. one moment he was moving through Veros, looking for someone to spend his moments of relaxation talking to and the next he was following Reggie and others back here, being filled in on the way.

Foxx continued forward, his nearly empty pack uselessly hanging from a shoulder.

A chance to do good was a good enough reason.

He'd already failed on that more than once.

On his path to the ward any enemy would be met with his big broadsword, to strike them down in his path. He kept with his group as much as possible and generally assumed a policy of noncompliance with any enemies in his path.

Classes: Swordsman, Craftsman, Brute
Weapons: A broadsword kept in a sheath at his back (think, Cloud Strife), a smaller scimitar at his waist and a thin dagger at waist. Sword Breaker.
Special Moves/Skill Record:
Retribution Level 1: Foxx works to back his opponent up against a wall, and then slams his scimitar through their shoulder or arm. He promptly forces the blade through the body, toward the neck.
Retribution Level 2: Foxx uses leg and body strength to toss an opponent off of the ground, and high into the side of a building or a tree. A rapidly thrown scimitar pins the opponent by the Solar Plexus to the tree, wall, etc, and Foxx follows it up by leaping from the ground, his broadsword in front of him, to finish the attack with a full force attack with said broadsword.

Money: 15g
Possessions:
Pack: One tent, 3 silver stakes,
Personal:
House: Two sacks of vegetables, Two loaves of bread, Two Blocks of cheese, One Kitchen Knife, Two pounds of salt, One Kettle, One tin pot
Attire: Brown sewn up shirt, black pants, Steel Toe Boots, leather gloves, fur belt (Arcane Fur Belt)
Quests completed: 2
Unlocked Abilities:
Recipes: Stew, Tea
Item Creation: Metal Working, simple machines

Profile E-mail