Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blackest Day
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:35 am 
Site Admin

There was a note left up in the Hunter's Guild for a Preacher in Black. It simply outlined a date, time and place signed with one name; Leon. The daywalker looked up at the sky where the sun was preparing to set. He wore his cloak and his sword in his sheath. The note didn't say whether or not he was fighting or not but he was prepared for combat at the very least.

He leaned against a colapsed building and gazed out to the forest. This could prove to be either the preacher's luckiest day or the day he regrets most in his life.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

Post subject: Re: Blackest Day
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Drake approached cautiously coming through the treeline, rather than the remnants of the old dirt road, as to avoid any potential traps.

"You'll have to excuse my tardiness. A previous appointment ran long." Said Drake as he flexed his left wrist now free of the leering tattoo.

"I highly doubt that this is a challenge. You'd have included specifics such as "pistols at dawn." or "Rapiers at sunset." Assuming the lack thereof, I am left with the understanding that you wish to talk." Drake stated flatly.

"You are Leon Hamilton correct? My Jennifer's brother. For that reason I should give you the benefit of the doubt, even if you are a vampire." He continued.

Drake leaned against the adjacent tree not coming any closer. He still wasn't sure this wasn't a trap. Leon didn't have to be the one who planned it, to be involved in a larger scheme.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:06 am 
Site Admin

"I've been doing my own research Preacher." Leon folded his arms across his chest. "You've signed up for a quest to hunt down and kill Lorenzo. I must say when I delivered the news I recieved an earful. However, I was asked to come here by someone else."

A cool hand touched Drake's shoulder from behind. If he turned to look he would see Leon's sister, Jennifer standing there in what looked like a soft red frock, her hair still in its definitive wave.

"I must apologize though." Leon stated, coughing into his hand. "I had to turn her for the purpose of our mission. Are you sure no one can hear us?"

Jennifer nodded, smiling. Drake could see the canines sticking out slightly. "Don't worry." She said to him softly. "Leon just gave me a cup to drink. I didn't kill anyone. Aside from that, I chose this. I was given an extra body so...might as well use it to kill Lorenzo with, right?"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:21 am 
Site Admin

Drake actually staggered back in shock, and was nearly overcome by emotion. "Jennifer...but how...you're...you're in the castle..." He needed a moment to remember that half of her heart. Taken by Leon just before they set out to the castle. Drake hadn't realized the significance at the time. In his defense he'd soon be busy bleeding all over the street that night. Then returned shortly after the white witches swindled Drake into handing Jennifer over, then taken again. This was that side of Jennifer.

Two Jennifers, separate, yet the same. It wasn't that fake Jennifer he was certain. But just to be certain. "Tell me one thing. Tell me what I hate."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:25 am 
Site Admin

"Hard bread. And I believe you called me stupid back when Leon attacked us at my old home when this half was ripped out." Jennifer answered with another smile. "I think it went along the lines of stupid girl." She then tilted her head to the side and nodded. "If I past the test do I get a hug or something as a prize, Graham?"

Leon stood there with a bit of a smile...or whatever it was that made him look non-threatening.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:33 am 
Site Admin

It wasn't just a hug she got. Drake embraced her, pulled her close to him, and kissed her on the lips. He didn't care if she was cold, he didn't care if she was a vampire even. She was Jennifer, in the flesh, living again. He could touch her, feel her, embrace her.

For a time the world felt like it faded away. Drake suddenly thought something. Dracula in the name of a woman swore to break the walls between life and death. Drake always thought that was Dracula's folly, but in this moment he knew that he and Dracula were much alike in the most human of all emotions.

Leon would have to wait for a while until Drake was at last ready to continue. "Stupid...and I myself must be insane. So why this. Is this something Lorenzo is up to? And what mission are you speaking of?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:41 am 
Site Admin

Jennifer was quite surprised by his actions however she was quick to embrace him as well, eagerly kissing him back. When they parted, Jennifer laid her cheek against him, her head resting just under his chin. "I was given a piece of cloth belonging to you...when I tried to find you, I couldn't. I was so scared that you might have died...I made this decision. You came back but I still decided that if I want to put a stop to Lorenzo, I'll become what he is...An abomination to life...Leon then mentioned how you signed up to take part in a mission to kill him..."

"I wanted you to know...that you weren't alone...and that there are others in that keep who will help you..."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:53 am 
Site Admin

Drake turned his face away from Jennifer's. "I should tell you something. I failed to save someone. I want to save everyone yet time and again I fail. I am only good at killing, so then I will kill. That is why I'm going. Lorenzo is one of many monsters I must slay. But, please do not endanger yourself." Drake turned back to Jennifer' grabbing her shoulders and looking into her eyes.

"You're back now. Embrace your life. I'll slay Lorenzo myself, storm the castle as well, and take back the other half of your heart. As strong as you are at heart, please...do not risk your life on my account."

Drake then turned to Leon. "She is your sister. Do you not love her? If you will stand beside me, even if the laws of God and nature say we must be foes. But I must ask that she not trust her life to my hands."

It wasn't that Drake wanted to shirk responsibility. He eagerly wanted to crush Lorenzo and the other vampires. But he couldn't trust himself any longer. "The greatest power of all is not the power of destruction. Any man can take life. Anyone can kill. The greatest power of all is to protect those closest to one's heart. And in that regard...I am so very weak."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:01 am 
Site Admin

"This body is already a vampire Graham." Jennifer pulled him to her this time, laying her head on his shoulder this time speaking softly to his ear. "I'm not back.I'm a monster, a blood sucking fiend ready to pounce on anyone. I made this choice so I could finally catch up to you."

Her eyes strayed to his neck, her throat burning and her fangs aching. Her eyes widened in response and she dislodged herself from him, her eyes misting up and a few stray tears falling. Leon watched the exchange and frowned. "She is not mine to command, Preacher. If she goes, she goes of her own free will."

"After all, that's what love is right?"

Jennifer half glanced at Leon then Drake. "I love you..." She whispered softly, her gaze dropping to the ground. "With what time I have left, I'll do all I can to help you."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:24 am 
Site Admin

Drake turned back to Jennifer. "I couldn't stop the other you either. That is why I so fear losing you. That is why I so love you. My warrior woman. My Valkyrie. It seems we are destined to be together forever...forever and never." Drake elaborated.

"Very well. You're in a fortunate position of having more than one body Jennifer. So few people get a second chance. I'll go and bring back the other you when this is over and you can be whole once more." Drake answered.

"I must ask one thing. From what I gather, you were created as an artificial human. A homonculus. Know that I don't judge you for that. I am a walking example of how none of us choose how we are born, nor does that determine who and what we become." Drake stepped away before continuing.

"There is a story from not too long ago. Of a creature created by a man obsessed with playing God. Ultimately the creator rejected his creation and the creature henceforth lived only for revenge. In the end they destroyed each other. I must know Jennifer. Lorenzo is a villain without a doubt. But do you do this for hate? Do you hate your creator? I only ask because of what happened shortly ago. I'd not have thought a thing of slaying an enemy out of hate, but I have seen the cost of wrath, and suffered it most of all."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

"If killing Lorenzo means ending my life...so be it."

Leon's fists clenched as he turned his gaze to Jennifer. "If it is to be anyone's life it will be mine. I'm sure Kakurine will understand."

"Kakurine...no..." Jennifer shook her head, meeting her adopted brother's gaze. "You're needed to help heal her. Sure she's a little bit on the crazy side but a lot of people said that about Graham and look at him. He's changing bit by bit in the eyes of others." She reached out to grasp Drake's hand, squeezing it in comfort. At least, that's what it looked like. Drake could feel a small piece of crumpled paper in there. "But to answer your question Graham," she turned to look at him. "I want to lie...and say that I don't hate him if it brings comfort to you, but I'm sorry. I cannot say I don't hate him. I hate him with every last fibre of my being. I hate him for the pain he has caused for so many...For the pain he caused you...If my life can be sacrificed so that others might endure, let it be."

Leon glanced to the forest, his frown creeping back onto his face. "Jennifer, we should go."

"So soon?" Though her question was directed to Leon, Jennifer looked at Drake. Her grey eyes were filled with longing to never part from him again.

"I'll see what I can do then." Leon answered, turning around and leaving them.

"..." Jennifer watched him leave until only she and Drake were left alone. "What I wouldn't give to be able to stay by your side again...But would Lorenzo allow such an act?" She bit her lip, her shoulders beginning to shake slowly before she embraced Drake again, burying her head into his chest as uncontrollable tears escaped her. "You're here..." she whispered, listening to the comforting sound of his heartbeat. "But yet...still so far away."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:10 am 
Site Admin

"And I wish to be only with you. I long for it. I pray for it. And that is why I keep going. And so you must stay strong. It is love, not hate that bonds us. It is love that is my cause. Let us love one another, and ourselves, and life its self. Do not let hate eat away your heart." Said Drake as he held Jennifer against him. He didn't want to let her go.

He leaned over and whispered in her ear. "You must live. For when this is over..."
The wind blew through the treetops, the witnesses to what was said next were only the land and the sky.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:05 am 
Site Admin

"Graham..." Jennifer felt her whole body freeze as he whispered into her ear. It slowly started to shake in excitement and she struggled for control. She turned her head so that she gazed into the azure blue eyes that she had seen soften over the past weeks and days. So very happy, Jennifer leaned up to press her lips against his in a passionate kiss before stepping away.

From behind a tree, she brought out a basket. Opening it up, the first thing she held out to him was a silver colored cloak. "Don't let the color fool you, it's strong against black magic. Made it myself." Jennifer beamed with self-satisfaction as she showed another item. "Fresh bread...I even put some raisins in it for flavor. You try eating it and not smiling."

"Finally," Jennifer stood up and withdrew from her pocket a necklace with a cross on it. Reaching around Drake's neck, she tied it on. "I wore this in my old life....it was very special to me so, please take care of it." There were plenty of other things in the basket she was giving him, but these were chosen to showcase.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:17 am 
Site Admin

The cross reminded Drake of the Celtic cross in a way. A design created by Saint Patrick to combine elements of the Celtic sun and the Christian holy cross, which brought Catholicism to Ireland. It was a familiar design that hearkened back to a previous time in Drake's own life.

"Tank you. I shall treasure it always." It was a token of the promise he made. Drake thought for a moment, realizing he should give her something in return. An exchange to symbolize their bond. Something precious.

Drake removed his own cross necklace. It was a simple silver cross design with small rosary beads. He placed it in Jennifer's hand. "A token of my promise to you. It is something very important to me. It belonged to father Graham, who gave me my power, my name, and my life. It is only appropriate then that you have it, as I give you my heart."

Drake blinked away what looked like a tear in his eye. He smiled a gentle and joyous smile, like no one had seen from him before.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Jennifer stared down at the beautifully crafted cross and shook her head slightly. "No...this...this is just too much. You musn't trust me with something so valuable, if you haven't noticed I'm a bit on the clumsy side and..."

She had looked back up to him and caught the smile he now wore. Her eyes blinked in wonder, never seeing an expression like that before on him. "You're smiling." Jennifer whispered, now smiling as well. "Maybe perhaps we'll work on your laughter next?" She tilted her head to the side, a small laugh escaping her.

Quest/ORP currently on: