An Online RPG
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rooftop Rodeo
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:50 am 
Site Admin

((Occurs alongside Legendary Battle))

"Pull," Bloodfang called again.

Knack did his best to throw the ball as high up as he could, but he still had to cover as a fireball flew in to intercept it. There was a small explosion followed by a shockwave of heat, and it was obvious from Knack's expression that he wasn't having fun.

"Take a break," Vertigo said, approaching from behind. While Bloodfang and Knack were in their training outfits, Vertigo was dressed in a finely pressed suit.

"I'll take a break when I miss," Bloodfang spat. He was clearly in a foul mood.

"I wasn't talking to you," Vertigo replied. He tilted his head towards Knack. "Go back into the penthouse and get cleaned up."

Knack gave him a thankful smile as he headed back inside. Vertigo picked up a ball and started tossing it up and down. "You should be nicer to him," he added to Bloodfang.

"You should shut up and throw the ball," Bloodfang replied.

"You're going to attract the wrong kind of attention," Vertigo said, still tossing the ball. He looked over the edge of the roof. "I know we got the penthouse but the other teams are still allowed up here if they want. It won't be long until someone comes up here and finds you in a bad mood. Is that what..."

"I don't give a damn what the other teams think," Bloodfang interrupted. "Now pull."

Vertigo sighed, tossing the ball up one more time. As it came back down, he raised his hand to touch the side of the ball. There was a small burst of energy which sent the projectile flying into the distance.

Bloodfang took a deep breath and shot another fireball from his mouth. This one flew close to the ball but ultimately overshot it.

"Oh look," Vertigo smiled. "You missed. Now you can take a break."

Name: Grace Meredith

Naem: Enzo Greyson

Post subject: Re: Rooftop Rodeo
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:23 am 
Site Admin

Bloodfang angrily sat down and stared out at the island.

"Still nervous about today's fight, I see," Vertigo noted, leaning up against an A/C unit. He was careful not to dirty his jacket.

"Angry," Bloodfang replied. "I earned my reward. Why the hell are they changing the rules now to try and take it away?"

"That's on Nathan," Vertigo replied. "He thought he couldn't lose. He trained his body to deal with the most extreme forms of gravity..."

"And still got his ass kicked," Bloodfang spat. "He shouldn't have dragged me down with him."

"No, he probably shouldn't," Vertigo sighed. "But he did. And whining about it isn't going to change that. Besides, you only lose your reward if you lose a fight. So if you just sit this one out..."

"Fuck that," Bloodfang spat. "I'm not sitting this out."

"You've sat out plenty of fights," Vertigo reminded him. "I've personally had to drag you to some matches."

"I sat out because those fights were beneath me," Bloodfang explained.

"And this one isn't?" Vertigo asked. "You said yourself that a pyromancer would be no challenge for you."

"If I don't fight everyone will think I'm scared to lose," Bloodfang replied. "They'll think I'm running scared from these nobodies."

Vertigo sighed again. His teammate put far too much of his self worth in the opinions of others. "So you aren't going to sit out and you aren't afraid to lose? Why are you so mad again?"

Bloodfang glared at Vertigo. "That's the same speech Nathan gave me right before he started this mess. I can be pissed off about how unfair this is regardless of how well the odds are stacked in my favor."

"That is your right," Vertigo replied, not flinching under the were-dragon's stare. "But try to channel your rage more productively. You're angry at Nathan. You're angry at Birch and his team. You might even be angry with me for not stopping all this. But Knack didn't do anything to you." His tone changed on the last sentence; there was a hint of danger behind his words.

Bloodfang paused. "Yeah yeah," he finally said, shaking his head. "I'll buy him a milkshake to make up for it."

"You could try apologizing and actually being nice to him..." Vertigo offered.

"Don't push it," Bloodfang replied.

Post subject: Re: Rooftop Rodeo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:29 am 
Site Admin

The two of them sat in silence for a bit. Finally, Vertigo broke the silence again. "Lot of pretty girls at this tournament," he noted.

"I'm surprised you noticed," Bloodfang replied.

"I can have an appreciation for the female form..." Vertigo began.

"Don't," Bloodfang interrupted. "Look, I've got my own mission. I don't need any distractions."

"You could do two things at once, you know," Vertigo replied. "Besides, that mission of yours is going to be a handful by yourself."