Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: To the victors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:12 am 
Site Admin

Pious looked around some more. Those cards seemed like they'd suit Sarah well, but she tended to use cards as disposable weapons, so maybe not the best match. Pious himself didn't see much that called out to him. Maybe maintaining his regiment of meditation was best. Still his last fight proved to him how vulnerable he was to a psychological attack. There were plenty of times he wished he could be normal, and when he got his wish it was the worst possible time for it.

"Laika's supposed to do things with time too. Maybe there's something here that could fix her locket," Pious suggested.

-----------------------------------------------
This room looked fragile Graham thought. All of these various concoctions, potions, and mixtures were dangerous things in the wrong hands. For a brief moment Graham thought of how simple it would be to get rid of them all with a simple spark, but dismissed it, reminding himself that he was a guest here, and trusted in spite of what he could easily do. He'd do more damage to his team than any benefit from erasing these things from the world would ever provide. Still he took a moment to take a notebook out of his pocket and start jotting down what he saw. There wasn't much in the way of detail he could record, but he could pass this along to Derrick, who might be better able to stop any of these from hitting the market if someone tried to replicate them. Assuming nothing else was worth looking through, Graham turned and left the warehouse and looked around for the next. There was too much here to ever record, too much to make note of, too much to even give a glance to every single thing. It was chance alone if what he saw would be something he'd ever encounter in his lifetime. Still he was seeing sights that few would ever see.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Has anyone ever bet anything that caught your eye? One that got away you might say," Eliza asked, leaning forward in hear seat, and resting her chin on her hands.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

"I don't know if she'd want the help," Tobias said to Pious. "Derrick said he offered to take a look and try to fix the locket, but she refused. Still, that might have more to do with who was asking."

He continued walking down the rows, hoping something would jump out at him. He found a section dedicated to jewelry and tried to read the inscription on a gold ring.

-----

"There are some shields three aisles over," Derrick's voice offered helpfully to Ramona. There was a speaker in front of the nearest display, an old dagger made of stone and crystals, that was projecting his voice. As she walked, the voice moved to whichever display was closest. "Head's up, Graham's headed your way."

Graham himself had stumbled on the entrance to the armory. The closest exhibits appeared to be weapons, though it was clear these were supposed to be some kind of special displays. A shining bejeweled sword was sticking out of the top of an anvil. A hammer with a leather strap on the handle sat on a pedestal nearby. An iron bar almost a foot thick leaned against a marble stand.

-----

"Maybe we're just lucky," Derrick replied to Birch, running his hand over the egg. He couldn't sense anything strange about it, but he did find a thin layer of soot on his hand when he pulled away.

-----

"Me personally?" Sect replied. "No. I've had people tell me I was passing on the chance of a lifetime. One man insisted he had a piece of fossilized amber that was priceless. Turned out to be tree sap from Canada playing on an obsession with movies. But I was told tales growing up of items that slipped through the grasps of those that came before me, one way or another. Books of ancient spells, artifacts of religious prominence, those kinds of things. My line of work tends to attract those with wild imaginations and embellishing personalities. After a while it can infect those of us on the other side as well. One of my oldest bedtime stories was about tracking down a man claiming he had a radio that could contact the dead."

Name: Grace Meredith

Naem: Enzo Greyson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

Graham ran into the others as he continued searching around.
"Find anything good," Pious asked.
"Some potions that probably shouldn't get out," Graham replied.

Graham began looking over the weapons in the vault. These looked a bit more familiar to him. Weapons could multiply someone's power, give the weak strength, and be used for good or ill depending on the will of the user. Still a weapon was only as dangerous as the skills of the one who used it. Other than having a strong distaste for having a knife pulled on him, Graham didn't worry too much about who had what. The weapon in a hand after all didn't alter what someone was inside.

"So which one of these do you think are real, and which one's are knockoffs," Graham said to Pious who was also looking over the collection.

"I kind of like mythology. I'm betting some of those are meant to evoke mythological weapons. Mjolnir was a hammer wielded by the Norse god of thunder. It was supposed to be a two handed hammer, but the blacksmith made a mistake when Loki transformed into a fly and pestered him, so it ended up with a handle that's too short. If it's real, no one without super strength should even be able to lift it. Even Thor wore a belt that doubled his strength to use it," Pious said.

"And what about the whole worthiness enchantment," Graham asked.

"That's the comic book, not the original myth," Pious replied.

Graham looked over to the sword in the anvil.

"Now that couldn't be..." Graham began.

"Everyone knows the real Excalibur is still on Avalon, and it's not that fancy looking. If you consider the time period it's based in, Excalibur should be a one handed sword, and for a king who engaged in battle alongside his knights, it would be built more for function than aesthetics," Pious answered.

"Someone could steal it and fancy it up," Graham mused.

"Like Merlin would let that happen," Pious answered.

"Pretty sure they wouldn't just let you be king of England if you had it anyway," Graham laughed.

"Women in bodies of water distributing swords is no basis for a system of government, they'd probably say," Pious chuckled in return.

Pious looked around some more. "I bet there's at least three different spears claimed to be the lance of Longinus in here."

"You really like mythology huh, Pious. Guess that's why you went with Chimera for your fight name," Graham said.

"THE Chimera," Pious corrected with a playful smile.

"Right, can't forget that part," Graham answered shaking his head with a laugh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eliza giggled a bit at the last remark. "Ghosts don't even communicate on the AM/FM bands," she mused.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:22 am 
Site Admin

"Looks like you're in the replicas section," Derrick's voice noted through the speakers. "Supposedly working replicas, at that. Some based on the originals, some based on just stories. The further back you go, the more obscure it gets until you hit original work. And they have four different Lances of Longinus, as well as three dozen weapons supposedly forged from broken shards of the original."

"So why is there a metal bar out here?" Tobias asked, indicating one of the displays.

"Ruyi Jingu Bang," Derrick recited from the directory. Luckily, there were sound files included so he didn't butcher the pronunciation too badly. "Sacred staff of Sun Wukong able to change its size at will, create copies of itself, and even fight on its own. The original weighed almost 8,000 kilograms regardless of dimensions, so they figured out this was a copy pretty fast."

-----

"Of course not," Sect replied. "If they did, any radio could talk to them. That's why this one was special. Or so my grandfather was told. Any time a new technology appears, people try to find a way to pass it off as magic. That time it was a man, a fully alive man, in the next room using an FM transmitter to pretend to be a ghost. My father saw a computer that could predict the stock market. And every generation gets offered a device which can change lead to gold. We wouldn't still be in business if we didn't know how to tell if something was truly valuable."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:42 am 
Site Admin

"How's this?"

Ramona picked up something that looked like an necklace with a tiny hourglass on it. She examined it and smiled. "I have a good feeling about this for Laika."

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:12 am 
Site Admin

"File's a little vague on that," Derrick's voice told them. "They confirmed that it is old and has some kind of power, but they were never able to successfully use it. The woman who owned it said it was passed down for generations, supposedly stolen from Persian royalty. The craftsmanship is...unique, so they figure she was lying or the Persians got it from someone else."

"So, does that make two of the three items?" Tobias asked.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

"How about you Pious," Graham asked.

"I change shape too much to use anything here," Pious began as they walked deeper into the vault.

Walking around though he heard something. A tapping against glass.
He looked at the case. There was something there that looked quite odd. Not odd as in strange, but odd in that it was hard to tell exactly what it was. It seemed to not quite let the eye focus on it, or gather what color it was. It was an amorphous floating...thing. Neither blob nor cloud seemed to be a fitting word. The case was labeled "Khaos."

Pious reached his hand toward it, "Oh...hello there," he said.

The Khaos reacted to him taking on definitive shape. It mimicked the shape of his hand and copied his gestures. As he got closer it started forming more of a glove shape before shaping its self into a gauntlet that looked like it would be an almost perfect fit for Pious' hand. He drew away from it and it slowly lost form. He leaned closer and it briefly copied the shape of a basic human head before forming its self into a helmet.

"Hrm. I've heard that name before. It's from Greek mythology. The primordial stuff the universe was made up before it was shaped. It's where we get the English word Chaos from," Pious said.

The actual substance, if it was that, seemed to be psychoactive. As Pious spoke it briefly switched from a helmet, and into a mortarboard hat, and back again. Pious had an idea and posed his reflection in the glass, cupping his chin in his hand as if posing for a picture, and the Khaos transformed into a dapper top hat. Pious giggled, and for a moment the Khaos responded by jiggling wildly.

"I think it likes you," Graham said.

-----------------------------------------------------

"If you ever DO get another one of those radios," Eliza began, "They like to talk in the dips of the waveform between bands, and they're closer to television bands than radio. Most receivers just aren't built to pick them up, since those are considered dead zones that aren't useful for transmitting. Everything is somewhere in the EM spectrum though. Just most people don't know where to look," Eliza explained to Sect.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

"Please?" Ramona looked over at Tobias, summoning up her best puppy dog face.

It worked with Birch half the time.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:30 am 
Site Admin

Tobias looked around. Graham was more impulsive than he was. Pious was smarter. Ramona was more liked. And yet, apparently now it was his decision.

"I uh," he began, looking down at the items. He walked over to the nearest speaker and cleared his throat. "We've got what we came for," he said with more confidence than he felt. "Let's go back."

"Good work," said Birch's voice through the speaker. "I wish to leave the Vault."

"I wish to leave the Vault," Derrick's voice echoed. The speaker became suddenly quiet.

-----

"I'll keep that in mind," Sect replied. "Though I doubt we'll find any more magic radios. People tend to gravitate towards the super modern or the very old. I doubt they'd trust something to contact the dead if it wasn't some ancient occult talisman."

There was a faint pop as Birch and Derrick appeared. Birch was holding a large black egg the size of Derrick's torso.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:07 am 
Site Admin

With the egg secured, and Ramona having taken the hourglass talisman, that only left Pious to decide.

"Well, if it's following you home, you better speak up," Graham said to Pious.

"You don't want anything? I mean you're the one who actually got to the final round and beat Bloodfang," Pious said.

Graham shook his head. "I said before. I gave my pick to Bloodfang. He needs it more than I do. This is your pick. Hey, I wish to leave," Graham said being teleported out.

He reappeared stumbling around the room. "Every damn time," he said again expressing his distaste for teleporting.

Pious now alone reached out to the case, and opened it. Khaos flew out, and circled around Pious in the air, flitting about almost playfully, before it settled down around his wrist shaping its self into something that looked like a watch.

"I wish to leave," Pious finally said satisfied with his choice.

It was technically classified as a weapon, but Khaos felt almost like an animal. Somehow both an object and alive at the same time. A partner who like the Chimera from who Pious took his name was born of Greek mythos.

"Well, it was lovely chatting with you Mr. Sect," Eliza said.

Graham approached Bloodfang. "Hey, mission accomplished."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:20 am 
Site Admin

In a short moment both Ramona and Sarah reappeared after saying the phrase. Ramona looked particularly pleased.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:33 am 
Site Admin

"Pleasure doing business with you," Sect replied as Tobias appeared. He gathered his jacket and left.

"Can...can I see it?" Bloodfang asked, eagerly reaching out towards the egg.

"I'm going to get started on a storage system for it," Derrick replied, heading further back into the base.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

"Dude, let him see it. Remember when you helped me visit my sister? That egg is his family," Graham said to Derrick.

Graham had a feeling about Bloodfang. He wouldn't try anything right now. Of the many superpowered foes he'd fought leading up to this point, Bloodfang was in the top three hardest fights, and of the three of them, one of only two who clearly left everything on the battlefield because they were fighting like they knew in their heart that they were the one in the right.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:08 am 
Site Admin

"But what if touching it activates it or something?" Ramona asked quietly.

Sarah looked thoughtful. She stared at the egg and wondered how it could hold a dragon inside.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:22 am 
Site Admin

Derrick was already gone by the time Graham spoke up. Birch took a step forwards and held out the egg for all to see.

Tentatively, Bloodfang stepped forwards and reached out. Inches away, he hesitated. Finally, he laid his hand gently on the surface of the egg.

Ten seconds passed with Bloodfang's hand on the shell and his eyes closed. Eventually he opened his eyes, blinking quickly. "I thought...I mean it's just..."

"Just an egg?" Vertigo asked. "What did you expect?"

"I just...I expected something," Bloodfang replied. "We're both dragons. Shouldn't there be some kind of connection between us?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next