Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Total Eclipse (OPEN)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

LATER

Ramona stood up on a ladder. In her hands, she had a banner that advertised the bake sale. She kept trying to maintain a three point contact with the ladder and hang the banner. She growled in frustration.

"How do people do this!" She looked down at Derrick. "How do half the decorating committee choose not to show up!?"

----

"The school store were selling these." Laika walked out to the group and handed each member a pair of glasses. "These are supposed to not hurt our eyes when we look at the eclipse." She sat down on one of the benches. "Still a little chilly out but spring is on its way."

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:41 am 
Site Admin

"I have an army of drones who could do this in no time," Derrick reminded her. He knew he'd cause a panic among those who did show up if he let them loose, but at least the work would get done. He was busy with a pair of wire strippers and some electrical tape, trying to get the sound system back in working order. "Do you need a hand?" he asked.

-----

Tobias and Gene both looked at the glasses skeptically. Tobias was pretty sure he could stare at the sun for hours with no detriment to his vision. Gene had been planning to summon a cloud of shadow in front of his eyes to lessen the intensity of the eclipse. Both of them tried them on.

"How do I look?" Tobias asked Sarah. "They aren't that different from those expensive sunglasses rich kids wear."

Name: Grace Meredith

Naem: Enzo Greyson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:29 am 
Site Admin

"I have an auto darken feature in my contact lenses. It's useful for when we have to use flashbangs," Geist said.

"Never blinded myself before, and my flames get pretty bright, but I don't really know what happens if I stare at the sun, so I guess I'll take a pair," Graham said.

"Well I don't have any super resistance to bright lights, or future tech, so I'll take some," Pious replied.

"Couldn't Kaos turn into a pair," Graham asked.

"Not sure. Kaos is like me in a way. It turns into what I need, not necessarily what I want," Pious explained.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:42 am 
Site Admin

Sarah sat down next to Tobias, making sure to get herself comfy. She appraised Tobias and smiled, giving him a quick kiss. "You look like a dweeb, and I wouldn't have it any other way." She said as she put hers on.

Jennifer sat between Graham and Pious. "I feel like a movie star." She joked.

"Look look!" Laika pointed up. "It's starting!"

Sure enough, bit by bit the sun was beginning to be blocked. Every student in the area armed with the glasses had turned their gaze up to the sky. Laika sighed softly and she laid her hand atop of Geist's. This was relaxing...

-------

Ramona grinned and she formed her water wings, fluttering over to finish hanging the banner. She landed on the floor and observed her work. "Ugh...It's crooked." She groaned.

She glanced outside, the sky getting a little darker. "I see it's starting."

-------

The sun was halfway gone when...

"SHIT!"

Laika raised an eyebrow at Jennifer who's eyes were wide with fear. "Jennifer?"

"Something....someone...oh shit has hit the fan..." Jennifer stood up. A coupe of yards away, there looked to be some sort of crack in the air itself. It stretched open and ten of the chimeras that Geist had faced off before came out. "How did they...Th-There's more! They're all around the school!"

----

"Um...Derrick, do I hear screams?" Ramona glanced out the window. Her eyes widened at the amount of screaming students. She was about to lead Derrick out when something large was wrapping its body around the church itself. The front doors opened and P-Laika stood there. She waved her fingers. "Hiiiiiii! <3 "

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Tobias was the first to respond. Unfortunately, his response was to grab a trashcan and hurl it at the nearest chimera. The metal cylinder bounced off the creature's face, but didn't seem to do any real damage. He didn't even seem to make it angry, the chimera just paused for an instant, seemingly confused.

That instant was all it took for seventeen black spikes to shoot up out of the creature's shadow, impaling it throughout its body. Gene appeared next to the creature and brought down his scythe, slicing its head clean off. He didn't understand what these things were or how they'd gotten here, but it was pretty obvious they needed to die.

-----

Derrick's head had already been blaring with alarms. P-Laika appeared in the same instant that Derrick's armor did. The suit had even more changes than the last time he'd used it; the black material and gold pauldrons were still there, but the utility belt had been replaced with the standard one the suit had come with. On each of Derrick's wrists were small cylinders that faced forwards, one of which was now pointed at P-Laika's body.

A blast of concentrated microwaves shot from the cylinder towards the target. At low power, this could give someone a bad fever and cause them to pass out. At max power, like it was right now, it could turn a cow into well-done steak at 300 yards.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

"GODDAMMIT!" Graham said standing up.

"Heads up guys they made these things tougher. You gotta totally obliterate them now or they regenerate," he added as he reached one hand over to the dangling link of chain on the bracelet on his left wrist.

With a tug it flashed, and he transformed into his armored state.

"Shackle armor 80%" he declared causing the armor to shift becoming lighter as the restraints on his power that also protected him slid away unlocking more of his offensive potential.

Pious with a roll backward sprung to his feet. "Let's do it Kaos," Pious called out as his body shifted becoming covered in fur, and long horns sprouted as he got larger and larger transforming into his weregoat form. A form with speed and strength in balance, and enough intellect to know how to use both. Then Kaos dove into Pious becoming larger and spreading out. Loud clacking could be heard as plates of black metal slammed together all around him entirely encasing the beast in black armor.

Geist quietly tapped the badge just beneath his coat and in a flash was in his sleek flight capable Tesla armor. Some improvements had been made since last time. The wings weren't entirely concealed even when they weren't activated, but rather folded up along his back. A trade off for strengthening them against impacts. Unseen was a system below the armor, ready to inject a sucrose solution directly into Geist's bloodstream as an emergency measure should he bottom himself out generating electricity. Initially an external battery had been proposed, but apparently Geist's own biofield electricity generated electric current far more efficiently than any battery made from present day technology could have. Lastly on his hips were a pair of pistols. They weren't any typical pistols. These were the closest modern technology could come to replicating Geist's true weapon of choice from his own time. They were miniature coil guns that could, only with the current Geist provided, accelerate small metal shafts to several times the speed of sound.

--------------------------------------------------------
The attack hadn't gone unnoticed elsewhere either. Eliza had been on the roof preparing to watch the Eclipse alone, and a bit distant from the various waves being put off by many of the students below. Watching the attack begin below, she ran for the stairwell but one of the Chimeras had also made its way up there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

More and more chimeras were appearing out of cracks in the air. Jennifer hadn't summoned her armor yet as she was trying to keep the screaming students out of her mind. Sarah had summoned her own armor and she was whipping out card after card, trying to protect Jennifer from the onslaught. "They're everywhere! They've already taken out the gymnasium and the science wing of the academy!" Jennifer clawed at her head, cringing in pain. "So...So many students..."

"So many students...?" Laika inquired, clutching her hands to her chest.

"So many students are losing their lives..."

-------

For one frame of a second, Ramona was where P-Laika once stood. Then they weren't there but behind Derrick. Ramona's armor had appeared in an instant and she had parried P-Laika's sword with her own made of ice. "Bitch, you're not touching him. Not one hair!"

P-Laika blinked out of sight and reappeared atop of the church organ. She grinned down at them. "Who says I'm after him?" She laughed loudly. "While you're in here, arguing with me...maybe your boyfriend can tell you the body count?"

Ramona glanced out the window. "What about your pet out there? The hell is that thing!?"

"Oh? Yurlungur? He's here to crush this church into itty bitty pieces." P-Laika shrugged. "With or without you in it."

Ramona bit her lip and she glanced back at Derrick. She opened her mouth to say something, but P-Laika moved her hand up. Ramona was wrapped in a red light and she flew right up to the ceiling, hitting it hard. She yelped out in pain, but pushed herself off of the ceiling down at P-Laika. Ramona impaled nothing but the church organ with her sword. P-Laika floated up near the top of the church hall, laughing.

Meanwhile, Yurlungur squeezed the church building tight, sending some debris down into the hall.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:38 am 
Site Admin

"I'll deal with him," Derrick yelled, trusting Ramona to handle P-Laika. He turned both of his microwave cannons towards the serpent creature's nearest body part. He cranked both of them to max, hopefully causing the monster a severe amount of pain.

-----

Gene jumped backwards as the headless chimera lashed out at him. If he hadn't had the warning, he might have been taken out in one swipe. As it was, he had a deep gash in his leg from where the creature grazed him.

"Damn," he said, holding out his hand. The shadows of his fingers stretched out and pierced his skin, stitching the flesh back together. His powers were going to be pretty useless if these things could regenerate.

Concentrating, he put one hand to the ground. His shadow shot out in all directions, rising up in thin, sharp tendrils that pierced the chimera's legs and hooked them in place. As long as he could maintain this the creatures would at least be confined to a small area.

Tobias saw everyone else putting on their armors and remembered his own. Green material covered his body and his hockey mask appeared over his face. He took two steps towards the nearest monster and swung his fist.

The creature tried to swipe at his arm, but a glowing white light stopped the claws just short of the material. Tobias now knew that the increased strength of his armor was offset by its poor durability; the more his suit was damaged, the less power it could lend him. This time, he was using his own ability to protect the suit as well as himself so he could take full advantage of its capabilities. As his fist connected with the chimera's head, a powerful shockwave ran through its entire body, causing it to explode into a pink mist.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:25 am 
Site Admin

Graham held his hands up as a ball of fire grew steadily bigger and bigger as it raised up into the air above him. He continued pouring white hot flame into it as the burning spheroid shifted from fire to raging plasma. "EAT THIS YOU FREAKS, SECOND SUN!" he screamed as he dropped the enormous ball of fire and death across the line of approaching chimeras.

He turned the ball across them, each one vaporizing at the touch of a ball of heat at hundreds of thousands of degrees that was vaporizing monster, structures, and ground beneath it. Yet still more monsters came. Even at the rate Graham was killing them, he couldn't deal with them all at once. He was still but one man, and only capable of focusing his attention in one direction.

Geist drew his pistol firing off a volley of shots. Each stake ripped through chimeras with sheer kinetic force, but the trailing bolts of lightning served to carbonize any regenerating cells. "Laika, they're going to make a move for you. You have to get out of here. Find Birch and Grendel, have them get you to safety. Listen....I was thinking before...your locket...your power. You have a time altering ability just like Grendel. Even if you can each only freeze time for an instant if you both use it at the same time....it may be possible to create a time fissure that can send you back. Not just a new timeline, actually reverse the timeflow and stop this from happening," Geist said as he continued to fire until he'd expended his ammunition.

Geist holstered his pistol, opened his wings, closed his helmet, and materialized a pair of plasma blades. "It's up to you now. You can do this Laika!"

Pious rushed forward as muscle met muscles. The armor of Kaos protected him from the fangs and claws that came down on him. His punches came harder, his hooves stomped more fiercely, and his horns gored, slashed, and tore through his enemies. He attached with a bestial ferocity ripping his enemies to pieces or pounding them into pulp, or simply hurling them into the path of Graham's enormous fireball.

"Is there any end to these things?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Eliza dealt with the Chimera blocking her path. It took a few shots from her maser beams until she found the correct intensity. Vaporizing it would drain too much of the ambient radio waves, but just like putting an egg in the microwave it just took the right frequency and amplitude to cause it to explode. It wasn't nearly as pretty as a clean vaporization, but it would have to do.

She ran inside, and headed for Birch's office, the panicked screams of students echoing down the hall.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:46 am 
Site Admin

"Jennifer! Can yo-"

"Already on it!" Jennifer snapped at Sarah and placed her hand in Laika's. "Come on!" She sprinted with Laika stumbling behind her back into the school. Her mind was searching, trying to find where Birch and Grendal were.

"Mr. Birch! Grendal! Where the fuck are you!" She turned and thrust her hand out at a chimera that tried to enter the school. A telekinetic force pushed it back out into the field.

Sarah ran over to the entrance and took a deep breath. Nothing will make it into the building, not over her dead body.

-----

All Derrick could see was a twenty feet tall wall of scales. Yurlungur screeched out, hurt, but mostly in anger. It attempted to squeeze the building tighter.

Inside, Ramona was discovering something that made her feel sick to her stomach. One was that in such a small area, there was only so much hydrogen in the air she could work with. Two, P-Laika knew this. Three, Ramona was pretty sure she was just toying with her. P-Laika made attempts at getting past Ramona to get to Derrick, but she was not having any of it. Their swords clashed against each other as the two of them moved about in both the air and ground.

"You're strong Ramona. I'll give you that. But...you can't keep dodging forever." P-Laika turned and she made the attempt to fly down and skewer Derrick with her blade.

"NO!" Ramona screamed and dissapated her weapon. Holding both hands out, she concentrated on freezing P-Laika to a stop.

But...P-Laika turned and looked at her. She smirked and started to laugh. Ramona wondered how and why she was able to move despite her technique. The whole building began to shake and crumble. Ramona's eyes went back to Derrick and she quickly formed an ice shield around him. P-Laika was gone from her sight but it didn't matter. The whole church was coming down on them now!

Ramona knew Derrick would probably be mad at her. He'd probably have a million different ways to escape. Still, despite having numerous pieces of debris fall on her, Ramona never relented in shielding Derrick from the Church's collapse. Layer after layer of ice protected Derrick.

And....then it all went black.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:14 am 
Site Admin

The shield came at just the wrong time. Derrick had pulled a canister from seemingly nowhere and pulled the pin on it. He gave it a toss, only for it to bounce off the ice shield and hit him in the chest. Black goo exploded from the grenade and covered his entire body in the thick, sticky substance that made it impossible for him to move. He quickly activated heating elements in his suit to try and melt the stuff off, but he couldn't get through it quickly without burning himself.

-----

Gene lifted his hand into the air, throwing the hooked chimera's into Graham's fireball. He was trying to think of a way to clog up the gates with incapacitated monsters when he heard the roar. Something bigger and more destructive than the chimeras was coming from the direction of the church. "I'm not useful here," he said to the others. "I'll see if I can help somewhere else." He lowered himself into his shadow and streaked across the school grounds.

-----

"There's no end to these things," Tobias said, pulling a chimera off his back and punching it with all his might. The creature flew back and splattered against a wall. His armor was still fully intact, but he was starting to feel the drain from shielding it constantly. Still, he was the last line of defense between these things and Sarah, who was holding the doorway behind him. Occasionally he'd see an enemy take an exploding card to the face, which was one less thing he had to deal with, but one less card in Sarah's arsenal.

-----

Police HQ, was all the response Jennifer got from Birch. He knew that the biggest collection of weapons was stored there, and he wasn't about to let the enemy cut them off from that resource. Standing in front of the doors, still wearing his work clothes, he held out both of his hands as sweat ran down his face. Every chimera in the area had been lifted off the ground and was being pulled towards a central point fifty feet off the ground. Once they were all grouped up, Birch slammed his palms together and shouted, "Infinite singularity!"

The creatures howled and roared as the gravity slowly compressed them down into each other. The smaller the ball got, the more rapidly it compressed. The vision in the area became fuzzy as lightwaves began to be affected by the pull. But the gravity was contained, protecting everything outside of the affected area from being pulled in as well. For a moment, there was a point of unimaginable blackness, then the monsters were gone.

"God damn," Birch said, collapsing onto all fours as he tried to catch his breath.

-----

Derrick finally managed to melt through the goop and burn a hole in the ice dome. He looked up to see Yurlungur snapping at a black shape that was darting around its face slashing at its scales. Gene was curious to see if this creature could regenerate as well.

"Ramona," Derrick said, looking around for another ice dome. No, she'd had plenty of time to dismiss her own shield or turn it into another weapon. He closed his eyes and tried to sense her armor.

"No no no," he said, picking up a faint signal from underneath a pile of debris. He pulled out another grenade and tossed it at the pile, watching as the entire area became encased in ice. He slammed his fist into the chilled structure, causing large portions of it to crack. Reaching behind him, he materialized a large hammer. Holding it with both hands, the head began to glow green before he slammed it into the frozen rubble. A shockwave emanated from the point of impact and vaporized the obstructions so he could finally see Ramona.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:16 am 
Site Admin

It was in the halls where Eliza ran into Birch, Jennifer, and Laika.

"We're under attack, but you know that already. I think this is the big one. What's the plan?"

------------------------------------------

The girls were clear now. Pious sensed something bigger and more dangerous nearby. "I'm going ahead to see who I can help," he said as his body shifted into the sleeker wererabbit below his armor, and with it the armor of Kaos also shifted. With a powerful leap he was in the air, and headed along with Gene towards the powerful monster ahead.

Graham shoved his second sun fireball forward trying to lodge it into one of the rifts from which the monsters were emerging, and detonated it into what would be the largest non-nuclear explosion the world had seen had it been on this side of the rift. Somehow he doubted that even that would cut their numbers significantly.

Graham backed up alongside Tobias by the door, and Geist landed alongside them. "We hold this line no matter what," Geist said his plasma blades flickering.

Graham nodded. "99%" he said as his armor shifted again into its penultimate phase having lost most of its armor plates in exchange for lines of glowing brilliant light, and his hair seemed to actually be made of fire at this point.

"Just so you guys know...if I go to a hundred I can only hold it for sixty seconds, and then I don't know what happens. Probably best to run when that happens....that or get underground."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:26 am 
Site Admin

"We need to get Laika to safety. Birch is at the police headquarters and I haven't heard anything from Grendal." Jennifer sighed softly. "We can't let them get Laika. No matter what."

Laika bit her lip. "I...I don't mean..." Jennifer suddenly cried out in pain, holding her head. "Jen!?"

Jennifer's eyes widened and she sniffed. "Ra...Ramona..."

----

"The church!!" Sarah pointed in the direction. "Derrick and Ramona were in there, remember!?"

Yurlungar repeatedly snapped its jaws at Gene and Pious. It unwrapped itself from the debris of the fallen church and it centered its gaze on the remainder of the team. Sarah's face paled at the sight of it. She looked into her pockets and found she had one last deck of cards left.

"Shit."

----

When Derrick uncovered Ramona, the eyes that met his were glossed over. No breath left her body.

"That's no fun."

P-Laika floated above Derrick and Ramona. "She's supposed to live long enough to say some parting words, have one last kiss and the typical shit. Don't worry Derrick." She winked at him. "I'll get it right next time."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:50 am 
Site Admin

A wave of energy shot out from Derrick's armor. He'd had a bit of experience with time travel himself, and had learned a few things. Most notably was how to create a tachyon burst that could ripple through timelines. With enough power, it could tear a hole in spacetime.

But Derrick didn't have that kind of power on hand. Nor was he crazy enough to ever try such a thing. But in his anger, he lashed out the only way he knew would work. No matter P-Laika's mastery, she was going to feel this. The unfortunate side effect was that Laika would feel it too.

Hoping to capitalize on the distraction, Derrick pointed two pistols as P-Laika and fired. Unfortunately, these were normal, regular bullets with no special qualities. But it was all that Derrick could think to do as the blood pounded in his ears. He didn't hear what P-Laika said. He didn't see anything else going on around him.

-----

Gene was struggling. Not with the snake, though that was providing a bit of challenge for him. He had a bit of Death's power still stored inside him, which he could pull out for a momentary burst of strength. But killing this creature wouldn't end the fight, so he settled for chipping away at its face with every pass. The good news was that it cast a long shadow, which gave him plenty of places to hide and more than enough material to fashion weapons. As it turned its attention to Pious for a moment, he flew out of the darkness and struck at its eye.

-----

"Do what you need to do," Tobias told Graham. "I'm not going anywhere." He slammed his fists into the ground, creating a shockwave in front of them that pushed the creatures back, giving them a moment to breathe.

-----

Birch forced himself back to his feet. He had a fresh wave of chimeras headed his way, and not nearly enough strength for another attack like the last one. He'd have to settle for moving the enemy elsewhere. As the first creature leapt towards him, he snapped his fingers and sent it flying straight upwards. He didn't know how far it would go before getting out of range of his power, only that the trip back down was going to be unpleasant. Regardless, the way to the police station was going to stay open a few minutes more.

-----

Derrick wasn't thinking clearly. He didn't understand what he'd been told. But someone else was listening.

Jennifer's ring began to blink, then her helmet appeared on her head. Immediately, her focus increased and she was able to better sift through the noise that was coming from all the minds screaming out around her.

"Tell Laika," said flashing letters across her visor. "Shrike Lily Protocol. It will be important in the morning."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:06 am 
Site Admin

Pious took the opportunity to strike the opposing eye of the great serpent. He jumped up with tremendous force and slammed into its eyeball with a powerful kick that sent shockwaves in all directions due to the sheer kinetic force unleashed.

Graham was sending wave after wave of white hot flame in all directions, turning monsters into ash, and still it wasn't enough.

"There's no end to them. We'll run out of endurance before they run out of minions," Geist said.

"I got an idea," Graham said walking forward.

"PYROSPHERE" Graham said as a sphere of flame erupted around him.

He'd adjusted the technique since he first used it, adding small holes to vent in oxygen, no longer limiting its time to how long he could hold his breath. It was a strong omni directional move that let him wade right through the hoards of enemies.

"When I threw an attack into one of those cracks the chimeras slowed down a little bit. I think I can take them out at the source and close those gaps, but....."

"Graham what are you doing" Geist asked with concern.

"Some folks said I'd never do anything worth doing in life. Guess I showed them huh? I'll shine brighter than the sun. 100% Nova Armor!" Graham said.

The final phase of transformation began. Gone were the plates of armor, now only the form fitting suit remained blazing with flame where there were glowing lines before. Behind Graham's back two rays of flame shot out like glowing wings of fire. He was shining so bright he was hard to even look at. Like someone had transported the sun its self to the surface of the earth. Like a thousand supernovas shaped like a man walking boldly forward into a gap in space its self.
--------------------

Eliza paused

"Someone.....someone either just fired up a nuclear reactor or.....oh God GRAHAM!"

----------------------------------------------------

The nova armor would protect Graham's body from his own power for only sixty seconds. It was all he needed.

"Guess I'm just like you huh, old man...." Graham said with a sudden tone of meloncholy before he raised off the ground and shot off into the void.

It wasn't clear what happened beyond the rifts but shortly after they glowed brightly like a universe reborn in cosmic fire, and then there was only stillness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next