Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Planning the Event of a Lifetime
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:37 am 
Site Admin

"So we have literally the entire world at our doorstep," Kyrad said, taking a seat at the desk. He had his pants on, but had neglected to put on a belt or shirt. He pulled out some parchment, ink, and a quill and got ready to write. "Any idea where we should have the wedding?"

It was early morning and sunlight was just streaming through the windows of the captain's cabin. It'd been a week since Kyrad had proposed, and since then, the couple had been too preoccupied to set any plans in stone. On the bright side, Kyrad had gone a full week without staying awake through the night.

"I imagine we'll need to start making plans so we can send out invitations," Kyrad added.

-----

Virgil stood in the crow's nest, staring at the horizon. He and the sun had a mutual hatred of each other, but he was determined to withstand the discomfort. It'd been so long since he'd had human blood, there was almost no pain anymore. Still, he knew that even though he was assigned to the night shift, he could be called on at any time to help out during the day. So he stayed past his watch and let the sunlight wash over him like a weak acid bath.

"Hey," Ren called, looking up at the crow's nest as he wiped the sleep out of his eyes. "Break-er, dinner, I guess, is downstairs if you want some."

-----

"I hope we go somewhere less exotic next," Finch said, taking a bite of his omelet. "I'm all for new foods, but I feel like I've had cheese with every meal for the last week. Some of that stuff could strip the varnish off the ship if the boxes started to leak."

Indeed, their last day in Italy had required hauling quite a few boxes of very strong cheese onto the ship. Apparently their captain had taken a liking to it, and Kyrad had loosened his purse strings to accommodate her taste. In fact, he was surprised at how much they'd spent at this port. Of course, they were celebrating an engagement, but he was surprised at just how deep their employer's pockets were.

Finch's own time at port had been much less eventful. Aside from loading supplies, he only had two real memorable moments: the first day they'd arrived, where he'd sent Raven flying above the ship, and the second to last day, when he'd invited her to tour a grape vineyard with him.

Name: Grace Meredith

Naem: Enzo Greyson

Post subject: Re: Planning the Event of a Lifetime
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am 
Site Admin

"Definitely at home with the rest of our friends...Unless..." Ramona placed a finger on her chin. She sat on their bed, dressed in just one of Kyrad's shirts she had found lying around. "Would we be able to invite them abroad somewhere? Though it would be simpler if we stayed close to the Drake's. Valcior's inn can help accommodate any guests we have."

She mimicked a cat stretch. "Does that sound good?"

--------

Raven giggled at Finch. "What? Can we not use cheese in so many different ways?" She looked at the omelette and then shrugged. "I'm happy for the Captain and Kyrad. Though..I sort of am surprised that she's not carrying a kid around already."

"But Italy was fun. We picked up some wine to celebrate, right?"

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:03 am 
Site Admin

"Sounds good to me," Derrick said, starting to write down details. "So we're inviting the Drakes, then. And Valcior. The crew as well. Then there's the Greyson boys. I think those are all a given. That leaves a few people to discuss. Namely, Grace, Geist and Alice, and your father."

Derrick quietly summoned Cloud onto the bed as he talked, giving him a chance to weigh in.

-----

"You okay?" Ren asked Virgil as he climbed down onto the deck. "You've been kind of quiet since we made port."

"Just...thinking," Virgil replied. "Being so close to home and all, but not able to go back. I've been on the run for quite some time."

Of course, that was only part of what was troubling him. He headed downstairs to the galley.

-----

"Plenty of it," Finch replied. "I'm sure we could sneak a bottle or two. I doubt they can keep track of everything they bought."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:07 am 
Site Admin

"Well, I'd love to invite Grace. She's become something like a big sister to me. In fact...I'd like her as my maid of honor maybe." Ramona cheerfully answered.

Cloud walked over to her and stuck his nose at her arm that was resting on the bed. Ramona obliged and lifted her arm up so he could snuggle in beside her. "And don't worry about Loki." Cloud answered Kyrad. "You can't invite him or decline him. If he shows up, deal with it. He's quite decisive like that."

"But...if Alice wants to bring Geist...I don't see why not?" Ramona mused.

------

Raven heard the footsteps and got up to greet Virgil. Finch could see she had the slightest blush.

"You don't look so well.."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:26 am 
Site Admin

Kyrad wrote the names down. "We might have to get creative to get Alice and Geist an invitation in time." He decided to work on that bit later.

"So that leaves: food, decorations, music, and setting a date." He indicated the plans rolled up in the corner of the room. "Not to mention getting your dress made."

-----

"Tired, hungry, and averse to sunlight," Virgil replied, taking a seat and biting into his omelet. "Nothing that can't be fixed in short order."

Finch poured Virgil a cup of water and set it in front of him. "It'll take a day or two for us to get back on our work schedules again. I know I got too used to being awake during the day." He yawned.

-----

Ren crawled up into the crow's nest and scanned the immediate area. He looked back on deck and saw a pale, dark haired woman steering the ship. He shivered, which had nothing to do with the cool morning breeze.

Ankha had been doing her best to help out during the day. Normally, Kyrad or Ramona would be joining Ren at this time, but they were increasingly indisposed of late. But though the ship differed greatly from the ones Ankha had piloted up and down the Nile when she was alive, she had quickly overcome those differences, so Ren couldn't complain about her performance. Still, he didn't quite trust the poison-wielding priestess.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:40 am 
Site Admin

"porkchops." Ramona grinned widely. "And hm....decorations..." She flopped over onto her back and looked at the ceiling.

"Well, which time of year would you prefer it to be in, Kyrad?"

-----

Raven kept quiet and studied the two. It just hit her now that she fancied the both of them. Finch for being her childhood sweetheart and knowing pretty much everything about her. Virgil, for just plain being exotic, mysterious and so vulnerable.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:57 am 
Site Admin

Kyrad smiled as he scribbled "porkchops" down on the paper. "Autumn will be the earliest we can expect to get everyone together," he said. "Then the leaves will be all different colors. If we wait a bit, however, we could have it in winter, which would be nice, but I imagine that would preclude the littler Drakes from being in attendance."

Ramona's particular proclivity for the cold was what gave him pause at this decision.

-----

Finch was too tired to notice Raven staring at himself and Virgil. Virgil was simply oblivious. The two continued to eat, discussing mundane topics like the weather and the different foods they'd like to try.

"If we head east, I hear all the food gets extremely spicy," Finch noted. "I'd like to try it, but only if we have something more familiar stocked on the ship in case it's too hot."

"I once camped with some people from the east," Virgil replied. "They offered me some of their food. Curry, I think it was called. It felt like I was eating fire. Which, given my heritage, is slightly more troublesome than it is for most people."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:03 am 
Site Admin

"Autumn might be best." Ramona compromised. "Not too hot...not too cold. Besides, the Drake's beat us to a winter wedding already."

Cloud glanced at Ramona. Sure she might have been a little sad she couldn't have a winter wedding without missing a few people.

------

"Well...I'm going to go get myself some sleep." Raven excused herself from the table, getting to wash her dishes first.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:13 am 
Site Admin

"I can make it snow during the ceremony if you want," Kyrad said, noting the look on Ramona's face. "I've been known to do a bit of magic here and there, you know."

He updated his list. They had set a date, and he made a note to decorate for winter even though it would be autumn. They had some of the food, which was a good start, and they knew Mina could whip up a dress from scratch in no time. That left only the music.

-----

"Same," Finch replied. He probably could have stayed up a few more hours, but he was still mortified about waking up in Raven's bed with her curled up on the floor. He was being very careful not to make that same mistake again. He couldn't stand putting her out like that again.

He got up and took his dishes over to the sink. Virgil was still in the process of eating, and remained seated for the moment. He finished shortly, however, and got up to clear his own place without looking. He managed to stand just as Raven was walking past, and their shoulders brushed against each other.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:24 am 
Site Admin

"Well...hm, music..." Ramona frowned. "I don't really listen to music so much. Do you, Kyrad? If not, maybe someone could recommend something nice for us."

She got up and walked over to stand beside him. She gently leaned over and gave him a kiss. "And some snow might be nice."

------

Raven blushed considerably. "I...I'm sorry." She mumbled to Virgil.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

"So I think we've got that all settled," Kyrad said, looking over his list. "We'll just need to set a specific date and sent out the invitations. We should probably check with Valcior before that, though, since he may have a conflict. I suppose we should set a course then. We can sail most of the way back, but we may need to spend a day or two on a train."

He pulled out a map and started doing some calculations.

-----

Finch had just finished cleaning his plate when he turned around and saw Raven blushing. He paused, blinking in disbelief, but before he could get his thoughts together, Raven had disappeared into her room.

He frowned. If Raven really was attracted to Virgil, he didn't know how to respond. She'd been fairly adamant about her feelings for him. Was she bored with him? Did she fall in love with every man she met? Or had he simply missed his chance?

He closed the door to his room and lay down on his bed. He didn't forsee a restful sleep in his future.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

While Kyrad did his calculations, Ramona turned to get herself dressed. She pulled on a white buttoned shirt and a black pair of breeches, pulling on her boots. She sat down on the bed and began combing her hair through to place it into a braid.

------

Raven sat on her bed. She felt stupidly fickle. Why was Virgil able to make her heart pound like that? Why wasn't Finch doing anything about it? Maybe she was right and all Finch saw of her was a person to practice before the real thing.

Quest/ORP currently on: