Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Black Wind Howls
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

The autumn day was warm, with a slight chill to the air. Stella was out inspecting the crops in the field. She was excited. Although she was just six years old, she had managed to come up with a plan to use an irrigation system to water the crops. She didn't have the talent for magic as Rook had pointed out to her. Still, she was determined to find a way to help out.

Their appearance was sudden. Stella looked up to see five men and women approaching the fence that surrounded the farmyard. They were dressed all in white, with cloaks blazened with the red symbol of the cross on their backs.

"You're sure? Micheal is hiding out here?" One man asked a young woman.

The woman scoffed. "I've tracked his tattoo. He has to be here."

"With all this magical energy? He's lost his touch." Another man sniffed lightly. He then looked down spotting Stella.

"And who are you?" The woman asked.

Stella's eyes widened and she backed away. "I'm not...supposed to talk to strangers."

"Pity." One man remarked.

.......Stella's scream filled the air.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

Post subject: Re: The Black Wind Howls
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

It was not more than a few seconds before they were met with a response. Drake knew well that the disbanded orders hadn't merely fallen into obscurity. Thanks to Rook's warning, he was prepared for a threat to his family. The moment he felt the sickening presence of Judasari drawing close, he'd taken up a defensive position. A shot rang out as a cluster of hot lead flew for the shins of one of the Judasari, courtesy of the double barrel shotgun he was carrying. Drake was no crack shot, but with a weapon like this, close was good enough.

"The lead in your knees was the warning shot. If none among you wishes to have a second warning shot in his chest, then I advise you leave this place," Drake said, as he walked out from behind the barn.

He was prepared for a battle. Shotgun in one hand, rifle across his back, knives and throwing axes dangled from his belt. The gear from his adventuring days fit like a well broken in glove. Though he loathed to admit it, it felt as if he'd never taken it off. A part of him was at home in the garb of a killer. His pretense at a peaceful life was shattered by these intruders, and he would show them his wrath for it.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:45 pm 
Site Admin

"Graham Drake."

One of the men turned to face Drake. The one who was shot had collapsed onto the ground, clutching his wound. The third man lifted up Stella from her shirt collar. "I'd rethink that gun of yours, Preacher. Or are you even called that nowadays?" He asked.

"Daddy!!" Stella cried, trying to reach up to get the man's hand off her collar. "Daddy, I'm scared!"

----

Jennifer had felt the presence in the house. She knew Faust was up in his room, studying from a book Drake gave him. She bit her lip and walked over to a closet, pulling out her glaive.

The attack from behind was barely a surprise. Jennifer turned and blocked the swing of the axe with her glaive. She felt a illness in her gut, making her guess who the intruders were.

----

"Fiona!" Rook looked back in the direction of the farm. They had been running an errand to the town. "You felt that too. Didn't you."

"You're so dense, Rook. You know it's them!" Shadow hissed on his shoulder.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:17 am 
Site Admin

"I was really hoping it wouldn't be today..." Fiona said, turning back.

"We have to help. Hope you brought a weapon," she said. Though Fiona could only be seen to be carrying an umbrella, but she spoke as if she was clearly well armed.

---------------------------------

"Stella dear, close your eyes. I don't want you to see what your father is about to have to do to these people," Drake said.

The Judasari made a critical mistake. A 6 year old makes for a terrible human shield. Even with a shotgun, he exposed plenty of his body that was a safe distance from Stella. Furthermore he neglected to brandish a weapon, meaning it would take far longer for him to draw than it would for Drake to pull the trigger. Drake appeared for just an instant to be lowering his gun, before he pulled the trigger and fired at the knees of the Judasari, safely below Stella's feet by a wide margin.

Getting close to a Judasari didn't seem like a good idea, but Drake rushed in anyway. He still had to get his daughter out of that man's clutches. He released the shotgun, letting it dangle from a leather sling that kept it over his shoulder, and came in with a knife in hand. He grabbed Stella pulling her away, and at the same time thrust his blade.

He was feeling dizzy as he got closer. Damn those Judsasari and their blasphemous magics. Still, his daughter was his first priority, and the rush of battle, and the determination to rescue his daughter would have to drive him. He'd gotten too close now. Anything resembling aiming would be impossible at this point. Could he kill three men without a drop of magic, and a head swimming? He wasn't sure himself.

"Run Stella. Run to the house and lock the door," Drake said.

He took out an ax in one hand, and another knife in the other. "COME ON YOU BASTARDS! Your sin is threatening my family, and the wage of your sin is death!"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:34 am 
Site Admin

Getting Drake to come in close was the leader's (Gareth) plan all along. The two men who had been shot were bringing out their own guns. Each one fired a shot, just barely missing Stella. She scrambled up to her feet and tried to run away when Micheal caught her again. Just as Drake was reaching for his weapons, the taller woman brought down a thick staff on the back of his neck.

"Stupid brat." Gareth slapped Stella across her face. "Tell me Preacher!! Where is Micheal!? We know he's here."

Stella kept crying.

--------

Jennifer continued to fight with the Judasari in the house. Furniture was knocked over and Jennifer tried hard not to trip over anything. Someone else was coming in through the front door, unseen by Jen.

------

"Shadow." Rook spoke softly. The cat leaped down from his shoulder and changed into her larger form. Rook climbed on and reached a hand out to Fiona.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:58 am 
Site Admin

Fiona took Rook's hand and rode with him.

-------------------------------------------------------

From behind, Jennifer's assailant would feel something heavy strike him. A cast iron skillet had struck him, hurled courtesy of Faust. "Don't hurt my mommy!"

-----------------------------------------------------
With the blow Graham went from dizzy to barely conscious for an instant. The edges of his vision went black and crept toward the center, until the world was a single pinprick of light, before the light crept back out and flooded his vision once again, now bathed in red, either from bloody, his own or his enemies, or just his unyielding rage.

"Never heard of him," Drake said as he put his hands on the ground to push himself back up. He found himself at someone's feet. The one who struck him no doubt. What was this? The knife still in his hand? It seemed obvious enough. Knife goes in foot. He thrust his blade into the foot and tackled his assailant to the ground, then from atop his attacker, whom he could barely identify, laid a punch square across its jaw. Strange. What a slim jaw to be punching. Did he just punch out a woman? No time for chivalry now.

Drake relieved the woman of her staff long enough to use it as a crutch to pull himself up. "A coward needs five men to kill a farmer, and still needs to hide behind a child. Even in the Hell I send you to, you'll be a laughing stock," Drake said, ax in one hand, and bloody knife in the other, as he walked, or rather staggered and weaved toward Gareth. It was clear he couldn't keep up this fight with so many Judasari clouding his senses, but if they'd come to reason, to make threats, to ask questions, they had chosen entirely the wrong means of doing so. Putting a hand on Drake's family was only a path to conflict in which he would not yield.

"Drop her, gather your wounded, and walk away," Drake said before he hurled his ax.

It missed wide it seemed striking a wooden fence gate and cutting nothing but a few ropes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:58 am 
Site Admin

"You can barely stand, Preacher." Gareth laughed loudly. "How do you expect to fight us like that?"

"GARETH!!"

Rook jumped off of Shadow and landed between Drake and the Judasari. "It's me. It's me you want!!" He pleaded with him. "Just...Just let the girl go. She's done no harm to you."

Gareth smirked, looking at Rook's pitiful face. "You've changed, Micheal. You used to be the best among us. You could kill so many in the time it takes to take one breath. What nonsense did that Gypsy spout at you?"

Rook shook his head. "It doesn't matter. Look. I'm the one you want. I'm the one you want to punish right? So here I am." Rook dropped his weapons.

Gareth frowned. "I remember the last time we punished you. I don't think the lesson stuck, now do you? Mary!"

The smaller woman who had detected Rook's presence near the farm stepped out of the shadows. "Milord?"

Gareth looked from Stella to Rook. "Punish him."

Mary bit her lip and she looked as if she might not do anything. Her eyes shifted to Stella. "I'm sorry." She whispered before she made a motion with her hand.

Stella let out a horrifying scream as one of her legs twisted the wrong way. Rook's eyes widened and he shot an accusing look at Gareth. "I said I'm the one that needs to be punished!! Not her! Let the girl go you sick bastard!!"

"But this hurts you doesn't it?" Gareth inquired. "You didn't exactly specify if it were to be a physical, mental or an emotional pain, did you?"

---------

Jennifer looked up at Faust. She flashed a quick smile before she heard movement outside. Someone was climbing something. "Faust!! Get out!! Run out to the forest and hide!!" She screamed before being distracted by the previous assailant.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:45 am 
Site Admin

"You're going to die here Gareth," Drake said.

"YOU IDIOT," Fiona shouted at Rook.

"You want to just give up like that, right when the cavalry's arrived," She said rushing to their aid.

Fiona pulled the handle from her umbrella revealing it to be a weapon in disguise. At the base was a six shot pepperbox revolver, which at the center of its cylinder protruded a long, slender sword blade. Fiona immediately fired a shot at one of the remaining Judasari to take their attention off of Drake.

"Get up and fight, or lay down and die, but you will not watch as my daughter is harmed," Drake said to Rook angrily.

Getting out of melee range had done Drake some good, and Gareth seemed to like to hear himself talk, and that gave Drake time to shake off the staff blow that had rocked him earlier. And one more thing was about to buy him a little more relief. That ax hadn't missed its mark. He'd cut open the gate to the bull pen. A very angry metric ton of muscle, hoof, and horn was now crashing out of the gate and charging the intruders in its pasture.

Drake now unslung his rifle from his back. He hadn't had good cause to fire it at another man in six years, but he had kept it clean and ready none the less. Its bayonet glistened in the sun as he leveled the barrel. It may be powerful, but it was still a single shot arm, unlike the modern repeaters. He'd have to make this shot count, and he didn't have the advantage his shotgun gave him of spread. This thing was rapidly becoming an antique.

"You strike me as the cowardly sort Gareth. I don't think you're ready to die for your cause," Drake said.

"You know very well if you harm my daughter you won't leave this place alive. I'll scatter your ashes to the four corners. Furthermore I have powerful friends nearby, who are no doubt on their way. You can't maintain a standoff for long. So here is what you will do. You will put her down, you will apologize, you will clean up the refuse you call men laying around here, and I will permit you to leave while I make plans to hunt you down and kill you at a later date," Drake said.

He aimed downward a bit at Gareth's stomach. "A six year old girl isn't a very good shield. There's nothing you can do that will stop me from hitting you if I fire. Have you ever seen what happens to a man shot in the stomach? It takes days to die, and there aren't many surgeons who can save a man from that. Honestly even fire is a preferable way to go," Drake said in that tone that those who knew him could only describe as "cold fire," burning with rage, yet frigid at the same time.

"Take your pick," Drake said.

The truth was he was stalling. He had one shot, and Fiona couldn't have been gone long enough to get help. All he had was help from Fiona, and Jennifer was nowhere to be seen, likely dealing with foes of her own from the sound of struggle in the distance. Rook was of no help here begging for mercy. Drake had seen men beg before. It never worked. It didn't work on the kind of men that one would need to beg in the first place. Not on vampires, and not on the Judasari.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:56 am 
Site Admin

Gareth stood there in shock at Drake's threat. They were now outnumbered as Fiona proved to be a threat. Rook pulled a knife from his belt and he walked in front of Drake toward Gareth. "Give me the girl." He said quietly.

With a gun pointed at him now, Gareth complied, handing Stella over to Rook. He quietly took Stella back to Drake, setting her down beside him. "Close your eyes and your ears Stella. I...I don't want you to hear or see this." His request was unheard though, Stella kept crying from the pain and clinging to Drake's leg now.

With his knife in hand, Rook returned to Gareth. He glanced over at the remaining Judasari. "Give this message to Lucifer." Rook instructed as he cleanly cut Gareth's throat. "I'm coming back. I'm going to destroy your whole Order. Even if it costs me my life. You will pay for causing this family pain."

Mary and the rest of the Judasari quickly picked themselves up. They either ran or limped away from the fight.

Inside the family home, someone must have sent a signal. Aside from one dead Judasari on the floor, the others had fled.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:09 am 
Site Admin

Drake held his daughter in his arms. "It's alright now. The bad men are gone," he said gently to her.

It was a stark contrast to who he just was. Now a caring father. He gave her as long as she needed to cry. He'd need to take a look at that leg soon.

Faust was now running out calling to Drake. "Daddy! Some bad people came into the house! Mommy beat them. I helped," he called out as he rushed up to Drake.

"Sis, are you alright," Faust asked of the crying girl.

"She got hurt a little, but she'll be fine. They're all gone now," Drake said.

While both children were turned to him, he reached one hand out and signed a quick fire spell, setting the body of Gareth on fire. One part to spare them the sight of anything more than burning garbage, and also to carry through on his threat.

Drake looked over to Rook. "Find out where they go. This isn't over."

Fiona had returned once her opponents backed off from her.

"What...what happened?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:14 am 
Site Admin

Rook turned to Shadow. The large cat didn't need to be told anything, but she shrunk and disappeared into the forest. Rook then turned to the family. Jennifer was running now to join the others. "Graham! Stella!" She knelt down by them and examined them both. "Christ...Graham, what....what happened!?"

"I happened." Rook said bitterly. He looked at Fiona. "This is what happens when you try to leave. You're either pulled back in or killed. I...I should go." Rook squinted his eyes shut, trying not to show any tears as he turned away.

Stella kept crying, her tiny hands gripping Drake's shirt for comfort.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:25 am 
Site Admin

Fiona stepped in front of Rook. "No you don't. You don't get to run away like that," She said.

"She's right Rook. Like it or not, we're a part of this now. Your enemies are now our enemies," Drake said as he continued to clutch Stella closely.

"That's right Rook. The way I see it is you're obligated to help us now," Fiona insisted.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:29 am 
Site Admin

Rook took a deep breath. He looked back at the family and then down at Stella, whose cries simmered down into sniffles. He walked over to her and knelt down.

"Are....Are you okay?" Stella asked him.

Rook's eyes widened, incredulous. "I...I should ask you that. Stella, you're a brave girl."

"It hurts." She said matter-of-factly. "But...no one I loved died. But...But Daddy!" Stella looked up at him. "You're bleeding!!"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:43 am 
Site Admin

Drake reached back behind his head where he'd been hit, and felt a bit of moisture.

"Just a scratch. We should get a doctor to take a look at that leg though,"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:46 am 
Site Admin

Jennifer led the others inside. While they gathered in the living room, she got rid of the body in the kitchen and looked at the chimes hanging in the window. Kyrad had given them a set that they could use to contact Grace. They were in need of an expert acolyte right now. She rang the chimes and then set to cooking a meal. Everyone would be hungry by this point.

---

In the living room, Rook helped to set Stella up on the couch. They would need to lift up her skirt to look at the injury, but Rook glanced at Drake, not daring to do it himself.

Quest/ORP currently on: