Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: MHHQ Fresh Wounds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:20 am 
Site Admin

"How is everyone?"

X's quick pace made it hard for the Medic Reploid to keep up beside him. "Field Commander Cobalt has suffered minor bodily damage, but he had overheated. Unit Dirge has major bodily damage and unit Arianthe has major left shoulder damage."

"Arianthe was damaged too?" X paused and glanced at the Medic before looking away. He had sort of expected some damage but Arianthe was one of the fastest reploids. If something had caught even her..."I should have sent a different reploid...I shouldn't have talked to her the way I did."

X entered the infirmary and looked around. Arianthe was closest to the door and had a reploid operating on her shoulder. He turned to her and looked about ready to say something when Arianthe looked away.

"Vulture got away. I attempted to chase him, but I couldn't keep up." She said softly. "Vulture had received some sort of upgrade from the unknown maverick...The others could tell you more."

Guilt-ridden, all X could say was, "Thank you. Rest up...take it easy...W-We can't afford anymore losses." before turning to find Dirge and Cobalt.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

Post subject: Re: MHHQ Fresh Wounds
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:09 am 
Site Admin

Cobalt in spite of the protest of the medics operating on him, sat up. "I take full responsibility sir. I was the one who called for a cleanup operation before properly securing the area. Because of my poor judgment call, we were able to be ambushed by that unknown Maverick. I'll file a full report immediately."

Cobalt attempted to get off the table, and was immediately subdued by medics. His systems barely functional, he didn't have the strength to push push a few small medical reploids away.

"Sir your systems are badly damaged. The amount of overheating you've put yourself through has damaged almost every functional component in your body. You shouldn't even be able to move in this state."

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:12 am 
Site Admin

"The full report can wait, Cobalt. Please rest. If I must, I will take steps to issuing a full rest until your systems are one hundred percent functional." X carefully scolded Cobalt. "I can just as easily listen to an oral report from you and Dirge. Arianthe has already given me hers."

X looked around and dragged over a chair before sitting down. "Tell me more about this new maverick."

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:31 am 
Site Admin

Cobalt grudgingly laid back and allowed the medics to resume their work, swapping servos, melted wires, and burned circuits. "And equip a backup cooling system while you're at it. I need more than one use of the accelerator if I'm going to be able to properly protect my troops out there." Cobalt demanded.

Dirge meanwhile was laying face down while his main control conduit, his central nervous system as it were was being realigned. "You're saying one blow did this. He essentially unplugged your body from your brain. It must have either been a fluke or extremely precise." The medic commented as he reestablished connections, and Dirge's arms and legs twitched before he at last was able to roll over and sit up.

Cobalt began his report.

"Sir, we met with hostilities almost immediately upon our arrival. After forcing our way in we were invited into the control room by Harvest Vulture. At this point suspecting deception we opted to split up. Dirge arrived ahead of me and fought with him, successfully disabling him. I assisted in his capture, and made the call to request cleanup. We believed that the capture of a live Maverick could allow him to be studied and perhaps find out what causes reploids to go maverick and possibly develop a means of reversing the process.

Shortly after Arianthe's arrival we were ambushed by a Maverick calling himself Mugen. Although he didn't have any external evidence of carrying weapons he proved to be extremely powerful, and succeeded in freeing Harvest Vulture, and demonstrated some ability to hasten the process of Maverick conversion, as well as radically upgrade a reploid instantly.

After Vulture fled the scene Arianthe pursued, while Dirge and I remained to fight the Maverick Mugen. I'm ashamed to admit, that he easily defeated both of us, however he didn't attempt to kill us. Furthermore I must include that while he did not do so for Dirge, he attempted to recruit me as he did Harvest Vulture. I of course refused. He kept saying something about a cause, and weapons that have forgotten their true form. At this point I believe he may be part of a larger organized group. You should also question Dirge. He may have information I don't," Cobalt explained.

Dirge chimed in. "Pretty much what the commander said. But I did talk to Harvest Vulture for a bit before we started fighting. He was talking about going Maverick. I think he was still himself for a little bit before he changed. He said being Maverick is a disease....which if you ask me I agree with. But he also said something else. He said it's contagious. First he wanted me to kill him, but by the end he seemed glad to be a maverick. I don't want to imagine what that's like. Changing like that....losing yourself."

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"