Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: MHHQ Recovery
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Moon turned to Arianthe. "This unit does not hate you," He said trying to comfort her.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Edge remained silent, stewing in his anger. He thought about how he'd felt when Hammer had betrayed him. How he'd utterly failed to do anything useful during the attack. How he'd frozen when it had mattered most.

He also reflected on their current situation. If he hadn't come along, the others would likely be dead and there would be an all new war kicking off. They'd run in, hotheaded and under-equipped, but they'd gotten out alive.

"I don't hate you," came his voice over the radio. "I'm extremely pissed off, but I'll get over it. And you bet your ass I'm going to question every order you give from here on out."

Name: Grace Meredith

Naem: Enzo Greyson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

X could see Arianthe cringe with every harsh word from Edge. He frowned, his previous thoughts about the recon unit and her standings with every other reploid ever since Storm Eagle was terminated as a maverick. Since she was so close, others had thought she'd surely go maverick too? How long would it take before the entire HQ suddenly got wind that she terminated Harvest Vulture?

He clenched his fists and turned to Edge. "She doesn't need that talk coming from you, Edge! You don't think maybe that life might be hell for her soon!? What would you have done in her situation!? Would you have chosen the lives of your teammates over the life of a Maverick!? Arianthe wasn't responsible for the intel that was given! She did respectively well with what she had! It's reploids like you that make me question..."

X trailed off, shocked at his own outburst. Arianthe stared at him dumbfounded. He looked at the ground and without a word, turned to leave. Once he got out he turned to Cobalt.

"I want Arianthe in her own room. She doesn't need to be around...reploids with differing opinions." X shook his head slightly as he spoke, unclear as to what he was saying himself.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

A creaking sound came from Edge's frame. The sensors attached to him began blinking and beeping. He was trying to get up, trying to go after X to...well, he couldn't get up, so it didn't really matter what he wanted to do. But after what he'd just been through, he wasn't in the mood to take shit from anyone.

Reluctantly, he stopped struggling. "Someone wake me up when I can I punch something," he said, before powering down.

Name: Grace Meredith

Naem: Enzo Greyson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

Arianthe looked over to Moon, ignoring Edge's bad temper.

"You...really don't hate me?" She whispered.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

"I agree she needs some time to deal with this. We've all lost family here and we each have our own ways of dealing with it. Different opinions huh? How long before the old man decides that's Maverick talk too?"

Cobalt looked down. "Someone set us up, X. Mugen is a threat on the same level as Sigma, maybe worse. There's someone in HQ who doesn't want us to find him. There are plenty of disgruntled former Maverick Hunters out there that might sympathize with him. Harvest Vulture may only be the first."

Inside Moon sat up to answer Arianthe. "You did what you had to. You did not wish to cease functioning. There was no alternative. This unit....witnessed a reploid self terminate. It can not comprehend that choice."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

"Doctor Cain is under a lot of pressure. You'd be too when your creations start fighting against you." X quickly defended him. He then relented and smiled ruefully. "You know, Cobalt, I'm still under investigation myself."

He looked up at him. "If I were allowed to speak of the maverick rebellion, maybe this might have all never happened. It's up to you though." X gave Cobalt a small nod. "I can't be of anymore help. As far as someone working on the inside...I don't know if I'm able to look into that. I'll take steps though to provide better intel no matter what."

X turned to walk away but paused. "I promised Storm Eagle...that'd I'd take care of Arianthe..."

Arianthe inside had no words for Moon other than, "I'm sorry."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:40 am 
Site Admin

"X....wait. I'm taking a risk here, but you need to know why this investigation is so important. I can't tell you here though." Cobalt said. There was no going back now. He had made up his mind to tell X. He was gambling the entire mission on this, but he was running out of options. If there were a double agent in the Maverick Hunters, he'd need X on his side.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:47 am 
Site Admin

X turned to look back at Cobalt. It was a few seconds of consideration before he gave him a small nod.

"I need to care for something in Arianthe's room first. They're probably hungry and in need of medicine." He looked up at the ceiling and gestured for Cobalt to follow.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:35 am 
Site Admin

Cobalt followed along with X. He wondered what X had to show him. What exactly was in need of food and medicine in a base full of reploids? Did they take in some refugees?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:40 am 
Site Admin

X punched in the code to Arianthe's room, revealing to Cobalt the kittens Arianthe had taken in. The door closed behind them and X went to work as he fed, watered and gave the kittens their medicine including oral meds, eye meds and pills. He gave the male, Altair, a pat on his head and picked up Cygnus to hold her.

"The only ones who will overhear us are these kittens, you don't mind that, do you?"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:00 am 
Site Admin

Cobalt entered. Kittens? Arianthe had been keeping pets. It wasn't something he objected to exactly, but not something he'd engage in himself. After all, who takes care of a pet if a soldier doesn't come back?

"Alright. X there's something I've come upon. This could get me and everyone working with me branded Maverick sympathizers if it came to light at the wrong time, but it might just be a real solution to end the Maverick wars. I can see it on your face already. "Wars" plural you're thinking. X you're not cut out for prolonged warfrare, but I was programmed with a complete history of this planet's history, and before there was ever such a thing as Reploids and Mavericks there was war. There was war for tens of thousands of years. There's always some idea that gets out there, that infects minds and starts another war. Before Mavericks it was terrorism, and before that fascism, and before that imperialism. Bad ideas are harder to kill than single enemies."

Cobalt looked down to the kittens. "These little guys wouldn't know anything about that. To them happiness is a full belly and a warm bed. Must be nice."

Cobalt knew he had to stop beating around the bush. X needed to know. If X couldn't be trusted then this was all for nothing anyway. "What our team found in our first encounter with Harvest Vulture and Mugen, was more than we let on. Before it overtook him Vulture told us something. That he felt something getting into him. Something changing him. An infection. Mugen's actions which completed his conversion confirmed it. I am now entirely sure that the factor causing Reploids to become Mavericks is neither a free choice, nor an error in their design. Harvest Vulture, Storm Eagle, maybe even Sigma. They weren't defects or traitors, they were infected. Some manner of disease is transforming Reploids into Mavericks...and it's contagious. Harvest Vulture claimed he was infected while serving with Storm Eagle. Why Arianthe wasn't I'm not sure. It could be a matter of pure chance, or it could be that some reploid designs are simply more resilient to infection. Although they also said Sigma was supposed to be Maverick proof.

As far as we know, fighting Mavericks may be the very thing that's causing increased exposure to the contagion. X you've been exposed to more Mavericks than anyone. You should probably have your own systems checked for any anomalies. My investigation isn't just to hunt down the Mugen, it's to sniff out the nature of this infection, and Mugen seems to be a carrier capable of infecting others. If we can find the truth of this, it could even lead to a cure. We could strike at the real enemy, the disease causing all of this."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:05 am 
Site Admin

"Even if that were true...how can we be sure that if there is an infection, if it's the same one between the Sigma incident and the Mugen incident."

X looked down and scratched Cygnus's ears. "Take into consideration that after Sigma's defeat there was a decline in Maverick reports. They've only increased since Mugen surfaced. As for whether or not it's contagious, I don't think it is. Maybe Sigma had infected key members of the Maverick Hunters to gain access to specific facilities...Storm Eagle's airforce, Spark Mandrill's power plant..."

He looked to see if Cobalt was surprised.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:18 am 
Site Admin

Cobalt nodded. "I'm no scientist. I can only send my teams to investigate and hope to find out the truth through the data I'm collecting. That's why these investigations are so important. Mugen also caused an intentional infection. Whether the infection is controlled or random though is beside the point. Good reploids are dying because of this. Arianthe had to kill her friend out there, and he'll be branded a Maverick and a Traitor by history. The same as the commander she cared so much for Storm Eagle. Those were your team too X. Your companions, your comrades. The ones you expected to have your back. This...this THINK took them over and forced you to kill each and every one of them. Look in yourself and ask if the reploids you knew before were the same once you had to fight. Ask yourself if they would ever betray you willfully. Sure there are nutcases like Vile, but Storm Eagle was a good man. Do you think he'd have willfully given over access to the missile base knowing what Sigma was going to use them for?"

Cobalt lowered his voice realizing how much he'd raised his voice. "Even if I can't find a cure, if I can find proof of the disease, I can at least clear those soldiers' names."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:24 am 
Site Admin

"Some of them...I know didn't want to be infected or want to betray us..." X started and frowned. "...some of them I know followed Sigma willingly, for all the wrong reasons."

"I can't help you directly Cobalt." X gave the other reploid a sincere look. "...But I will not betray you to my superiors. I want to work together with you on this in any way I can though it will be limited."

Quest/ORP currently on: