Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: MHHQ The Grappler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:54 am 
Site Admin

Dirge upon hearing Snowdrop's call instinctively drew his weapon and opened fire on the place where Mugen fell, but it was for nothing, as the treetrunk fired into the air, as Mugen's hand shot up from the ground, black smoke again pouring from his body as wounds began to close.

Dirge blasted away "DIE! DIE!" He said as he rushed past Zenkuma who was now turning around to face the rising Mugen.

"You've no place in this fight boy." Mugen said as he rushed Dirge, and came at him with a spinning kick. Dirge recognized the attack from the previous try and ducked it, but Mugen followed through with a tornado kick from the other foot, kicking Dirge in the center of the back knocking him away.

Determined not to fail again Dirge renewed his attack, firing wildly at Mugen. Zenkuma joined the attack as well throwing repeated punches at Mugen driving him into Dirge's line of fire.

"Good work. Don't let up now Dirge," Zenkuma said as Dirge closed in swapping to his scythe. Side by side now Dirge and Zenkuma launched a two on one assault, with an array of slashes and punches from them respectively forcing Zenkuma to evade, block, or take hits as they poured on an assault faster than he could counter.

Finally both used their grapple claws to grab on to Mugen on each side, and with a mightly tug from both ripped his arms entirely off.

Mugen staggered back, as black smoke poured from his shoulders.

Dirge shouted as he fired his buster into Mugen's still standing body. "DIE! DIE! JUST DIE!"

Dirge's assault was ended when Mugen's severed arm leaped up and grabbed his face. Similarly Zenkuma also found Mugen's arm clinging to him. he attempted to shake it off, but it had a death grip that didn't give even as Zenkuma ripped the rest of the arm off at the wrist and cast it aside.

Smoke formed shape from Mugen's shoulders and soon a fresh pair of arms appeared. "My name is Mugen for we are endless."

Each hand that grasped the two fighters dissolved into smoke that clung to their bodies and began seeping into their armor.

"You two have proven yourselves worthy of joining me. Like Harvest Vulture before you, and many before him, accept your true nature."

Zenkuma turned to Dirge. "No....not like this."

Dirge however once the smoke was gone seemed unaffected. He realized though what Mugen was trying to do. Why wasn't he changed as well?

Mugen himself seemed surprised. "The virus should affect any reploid with that much exposure. No...you're...something different. HAHAHA! Splendid, I need someone like you in my coming age of chaos. Let's see if you have it in you to kill or be killed."

Zenkuma trembled as he lurched toward Dirge. "I...can't....hold it back...Dirge, take care of Snowdrop."

Zenkuma thrust his claw at Dirge who just barely evaded in time.

"NO! No Zenkuma. Fight it. He's making you do this. Please don't do this. We're...we were going to find a cure. We'll fix you, just please stay yourself," Dirge pleaded, as Zenkuma's expression went blank and he charged Dirge, taking wild swings at him.

Mugen chuckled. "He is no longer the Zenkuma you knew. He's now his true self. A living weapon of destruction. If you should survive this, I'll face you again. Only those willing to bloody their hands can create a new future. Struggle, fight, suffer, and grow stronger Dirge. I'll take your pain, sorrow, and hatred, and I'll kill you with it."

Mugen launched himself skyward with a powerful jump, and vanished into the mountains as Zenkuma, or rather what once was Zenkuma pressed his attack on Dirge.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:00 am 
Site Admin

"Daddy no!!"

Snowdrop launched herself in front of Dirge. She raised her hands and blocked each of Zenkuma's swings with some remarkable strength. "I don't want you to leave me! And I don't want you to hurt Dirge, either! So please! Please, stop! I beg of you!!" Her voice was a loud whimper as if Snowdrop was ready to cry. She planted both feet in the ground and pressed her hands against the ones she caught in Zenkuma's.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:40 am 
Site Admin

Zenkuma wasn't speaking anymore. His eyes were blank now. He reached down and grabbed Snowdrop by the arms and lifted her up, and began pulling.

Dirge's heart sank. Zenkuma could no longer even recognize the one he'd just told Dirge to protect. With a heavy heart Dirge attacked, jumping on top of Zenkuma's shoulder and slicing his arm with his scythe, forcing him to drop Snowdrop. Zenkuma let out a bestial roar and swatted at Dirge.

"WHY," Dirge cried out as he evaded and countered slashing at Zenkuma's other arm.

"Please, don't fight any more. We'll take you back to base. We can find a cure."

Zenkuma snapped at Dirge with his jaws suddenly, forcing Dirge to stop them with his grapple claw. "Zenkuma...."

Dirge pushed back on Zenkuma. Black smoke poured from Zenkuma's arm joints before they began functioning again. Restored, Zenkuma lunged at Dirge and wrapped his hand around Dirge's waist, and lifted him, then put his other hand around Dirge's head, and began squeezing. Dirge's helmet started cracking.

Dirge withhis grapple claw tried to push back, but Zenkuma still had him overpowered. Though Dirge's hands were free, and there was a clear line of sight to Zenkuma's chest. Dirge couldn't fend off the attack, but he could make a kill shot.

He switched his weapon back to buster mode and raised it. His hand trembled, he hesitated but Zenkuma wasn't going to release. Dirge charged up a shot as he continued to plead. "Don't...don't make me do this..."

Dirge's helmet shattered and Zenkuma's hand was now upon his head crushing his electronic braincase. Dirge closed his eyes and fired.

The shot rang out like a clap of thunder, and Zenkuma went limp. A hole blown through his chest Zenkuma slumped down and fell over backward, dropping Dirge.

The scraps of Dirge's helmet fell to the ground as he stood up and approached Zenkuma. The shot plowed straight through Zenkuma's power core.

Dirge stood over the fallen Zenkuma, who looked to him, and again spoke clearly. "Thank you Dirge....I can die as myself. When the time comes, you must not hesitate. That is your final lesson. Please...take care of my daughter."

Zenkuma's eyes went dark and his head slumped to the ground, as the last of his power faded.

Dirge fell to his knees. "I will. I swear it. And..."

Suddenly from within Zenkuma's body the smoke rose, and also from Dirge's and gathered in a cloud above them. It briefly took shape. It looked like a face. Two eyes gazing down menacingly at them, before it streamed off in the directly Mugen went.

Dirge stood up and raised his weapon to the sky. "Mugen....I swear. I'll find you. I'll tear you apart. I swear I WILL KILL YOU!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:49 am 
Site Admin

It was that moment when Zenkuma held Snowdrop and began to pull at her arms that she realized...

Zenkuma was gone...

The gentle giant who would never lay a paw on her...was now doing what he never wanted to do...

Snowdrop crouched by him, listening to his last words. "Goodbye....Daddy...It...It had to be done...Right Dirge? Daddy...he...died as himself." She pressed her cheek to Zenkuma's shoulder, allowing him to be close to her has his system shut down for the last time. Snowdrop stood up and looked over at Dirge. She walked over to him and didn't care what he said.

Snowdrop hugged him tightly. "It had to be done....right? I'm sorry....you had to do it...I'm so sorry..." She hid her face in his shoulder, both ears, shoulders and tail slumped.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:01 am 
Site Admin

Dirge had no words. His heart consumed by grief and hatred. His name Dirge, the song of death. Was this what he was meant for? He placed an arm around Snowdrop, holding on to her, knowing though he felt his weakest right now, he had to show her strength. This is what Zenkuma wanted right? Snow began to fall, and would soon blanket the landscape again, covering over the scars of battle, yet they would always remain.

Dirge's com was in his helmet, which was in pieces now. Two sets of footprints in the snow marked a long quiet walk to the nearest town, where they could be extracted from. For Dirge this would be returning home, leaving this painful place behind. For Snowdrop even harder as she'd be leaving behind the only place she ever called home. Either way there was nothing left here now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:06 am 
Site Admin

Before they had left, Snowdrop went to Zenkuma's body for one last look at the reploid who took her in. What was a father and what was a daughter? What was a Zenkuma and what was a Snowdrop? All Snowdrop knew were that they were names. Names don't define what or who a person is, but the person themselves define who they are.

But, Snowdrop never got a chance to ask Zenkuma...

Why...

Of all the names out there...

Why Snowdrop?

Quest/ORP currently on:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7