Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ORP: The Four Stages
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 am 
Vampire Hunter

The pure white moon lit the pall of fog stretched across the Romanian countryside. The pine forest was almost ablaze with the ethereal glow of the moonlight.
Alona Bala strode through the mist until the trees gave way to the clearing where FellFog Castle lay in ruins; once imposing towers now only served to sew the black night sky to the earth beneath the fog. Alona brushed a bit of raven black hair over her shoulder as she gazed up at the darkness, attempting to glimpse what she could of the structure, though her short stature only allowed her head to just barely pierce the top of the fog that sat like an ocean upon the land.
Through the ruined archway she went, entering the castle courtyard. The only guards to bar her way now were a few massive pieces of masonry that had found their final resting place in the dense fog layer. A few stood like gravestones in the swirling mists, though many had been scattered across the ground, presenting an unseen danger to the shins and toes of passerbys.

The night breeze's droning ambience through the forest was only broken every moment or so by the halfhearted chirp of a lone cricket. Once in the center of the courtyard, Alona stopped and turned her head from left to right, examining the ramparts for any sign of life...or at least movement.
In such solitude, only her emotions kept the girl company. A light shiver ran through her body as she ran through a parade of horribles in her head; >Was it really Adriana who left that message? Is she even here?<.

Some night birds fluttered off into the darkness in the distance, but all Alona heard was the falling of her sister's cloak near the archway behind her.
"SISTER?" she shouted as she wheeled around, gun drawn. Her shiver had evolved into a full tremor knowing how little she wanted to hold a weapon facing her sister, but fearing that she may need to.
"Adriana?" she spoke into the mists, stepping slowly backwards.
"...Addie?" she whispered hopefully as she lowered her gun.

And then she was gone. Alona disappeared below the fog. She realized what she thought was midway through her fall to the ground that her heel had caught a hidden stone and her balance had escaped her. She waited now as the mists closed around her, and she flung an arm behind her, for the ground to meet her small body. Yet so much more time seemed to pass than should have, and Alona saw the moonlit vapors above her become framed by a craggy passage in the Earth. A violent chill erupted across her body as she realized she was falling, ever faster, into a pit in the world; far below the castle. She pulled in air and managed what she thought for certain would be her death scream. The sorceress squeezed her eyes shut and wailed until her lungs were empty, she tightened her arms up in front of her breast and waited until a quick impact destroyed her form and ended her life.

She waited in vain, as an arm rested itself gently behind her back, and another slowly caught under the back of her knees. Her descent made ever-slower by a form Alona could only manage to hug whilst shaking after the realization of her safety had managed to pass.

((OOC: 572 words.)))

-Jobs: Sorceress, Alchemist, Markswoman
-Default Alignment: White
-Weapons: Arma La Luz (Solar Lens), Blank Lenses, Short Sword
-Pack: Traveling Food (5 Days), Bread Loaf (1), Cheese Block (1), Sack of Veggies (1)
-Inn: Alchemic equipment, Alchemic rings
-Clothes: Poncho, Jeans, Boots
-Misc.: Gun Parts, Iodine Crystals (1qt), Distilled Ammonia (1qt), Twisted Branch, Cursed Bullets
-Money: 220G (My Birthday is April 29)
-Flaws: Limited Sorcery, Weapon Discharge, Weapon Maintenance
-Benefits: Gun Arm, Gun Tricks, Weapon Modification
-Sorceress Notes: Casting Capacity +10% Body Capacity +10%
-Recepies: Sandwich
-Completed Quests: None
This character is the intellectual property of holyice7

Post subject: Re: ORP: The Four Stages
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:07 am 
Vampire Hunter

"My sister..." Alona heard as they touched the ground, "are you alright?"

She wasn't certain, even moments after, how exactly she had freed herself from her previous position and found herself standing upright, but she was, with her gun pointed, shaking, in her sister's face.

"Adriana, where have you been!?" she gasped, still trying to regain her breath from the scream.

"I have been gaining power. So much power..." Adriana noted.

"How?" Alona demanded, pulling her gun back slightly.

"I have been devouring vampires. I have even absorbed the power of a few wicked magicians, and even a Man-Beast from the east. He had a very foul mouth, and such a hatred of vampires that he was blinded to the fact that I was trying to help him."

"So you killed him!?" Alona shouted, shocked. She straightened her arm once again and held her gun firmly, as though she had found some resolve.

"You have also killed, sister. I have seen you do it. Your life was in danger, and you defended it," Adriana reasoned. Her tone was somewhat terse, though she caught herself, and softened it. "You did what you needed to do to survive. You have a goal that you are working toward, and so do I."

Alona took in what her sister said. She lowered her gun a bit and took a hard look at Adriana. She was starkly pale compared to Alona's dark Spanish complexion, and her eyes still shone with the same sparkling crimson fire that Alona had seen on the night of the transformation. Adriana's black poncho with light-purple accents contrasted starkly with Alona's red and yellow dressing. Even if unintentional, their duality was apparent.

"So..." Alona searched for words as she holstered her gun, "why did you call me to this place? What is here?"

Adriana drew her gun in response. Alona stepped back and put her hand on her weapon once more, watching carefully. The paler sister fired off into the darkness, causing flame to spring forth from a previously darkened fireplace. It was the first time Alona had seen the place to which she had fallen, as the moonlight served only to brighten the area below the pit slightly.

The space in the earth looked as though it were part of the derelict castle above, perhaps an old dungeon, or a wine cellar. Though a fireplace had been lit, darkness still existed at a distance, though Alona was sure she could make out hints of stone walls in all directions. The area was large, but not unbelievably immense. Around the fireplace were living implements; a bedframe with a clean looking mattress and clean sheets, a chair and a desk, with a small bookcase next to it, and beside the fireplace hearth sat a large pantry filled with breads, canned goods, as well as other semi-perishable and non-perishable goods. They were certainly all recent additions.

"As I said, I have a goal I intend to see through," Adriana bowed her head and holstered her weapon, "I intend to protect you, my sister."

"You're trapping me here, aren't you?!" Alona snapped, stamping her foot down and curling her fists. She caused a bit of clean rainwater to splash as her foot hit the bottom of a stone basin under the opening in the ceiling; most likely her source of clean water.

"I am sorry. But, you are correct. Sister," Adriana pleaded, seeing Alona begin to grind her teeth, "there is a man out there, a vampire. Magrid da Soliel; he is horrifyingly strong. If you were to fight him, you would be dead in a moment."

Alona's eyes widened, and a small chill ran through her body. She was certain she'd heard the name before...

"You have become so strong, Allie...I am very proud. As we both are now, there is no person in Spain who could stand against us. We could end the war, and make our home safe...," Adriana reminisced of the machinations the girls had once shared.

"Then why do we not? Why can we not leave for home right now, fight our own fight, and find you a cure?!" Alona screamed at her sister.

Adriana appeared hurt at the words, even wincing at her sister's shouting. The vampiress approached Alona, who swallowed, and took a defensive step back. Seeing this, Adriana's bottom lip quivered a bit as her crimson eyes began to shimmer with tears. She rushed forward and embraced her sister in a shaking hug, pouring tears onto Alona's red poncho.

"I want to...I wish we could!" Adriana revealed, holding back full sobs, "but the whole world may soon die if we do. Magrid plans to resurrect a vampire...one with the power to end everything."

"...Count Dracula?" Alona's blood ran cold.

Adriana took a deep breath, and released her sister. "So then you have heard. You know of him, and the fear that his name carries in this region."

"He was the great vampire you spoke of back in Rivabellosa. Before you even knew his name, you desired his power to save our home," Alona's heart ached, recalling the conversation that had led them both to where they stood at that very moment.

"That has changed. I know what power truly is now that I actually possess some," Adriana admitted, "but the situation remains the same. I must have Dracula's power, that it may forever be kept by one who will not use it."

"That power changes people," Alona swallowed her fear for a moment, attempting to scare her sister with a steely glare, and a foreboding voice. "People have tried before. They were destroyed by it. They succumbed to it, and bowed to the will of Dracula himself."

"They were weak," Adriana argued.

"They were stronger people than we have ever seen," Alona said with certainty, Carrie's warning ringing clear in her head.

"Then I will have to become stronger than that," Adriana decided.

Alona made a sudden movement, and tried to tackle Adriana. It was all she could think to do; maybe she could hold her sister down and just force her to stop, simply bully her older sister into giving up a quest that was certain doom. She only fell to the ground where Adriana once stood. She rolled over, looking to where Adriana floated now; in the air just below the bottom outlet of the pit leading up to the castle.

"I am sorry, sister, but you are better protected here than when you run off on those Guild missions. It will let me concentrate on getting stronger if I know where you are, and that you are safe," Adriana explained. "I will bring you more food and firewood in a few days."

With that final word, she held her gun to the night sky, let out a cry of 'dark warp,' and was gone.

Alona pushed herself from the stone floor, grabbing a small rock as she did so. "GET BACK HERE!" she shouted in vain, throwing the rock up the wall of the pit with all her momentum, and then falling back to the ground in the same motion.

((OOC: Fffff, 1212 words. This one got away from me.)))

-Pack: Traveling Food (5 Days), Bread Loaf (1), Cheese Block (1), Sack of Veggies (1)
-Misc.: Gun Parts, Iodine Crystals (1qt), Distilled Ammonia (1qt), Twisted Branch, Cursed Bullets

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:22 am 
Vampire Hunter

The castle appeared to be built more underground than above. Alona had never even heard of such a thing.

She searched along the walls; glowing power sitting in her palm helped to light the way. She found a door behind one of the four large pillars supporting the ceiling, and reached for the handle with a deep breath, hoping that what she would find behind it wasn't a cave-in.

As the hinges creaked free of their fused rust, Alona scraped the door along the stones of the floor and swung it open far enough for her to reach her hand, head and shoulder inside.

She could make out a hallway, terminating at another large chamber. Looking back at the room her sister had imprisoned her to for safekeeping, she weighed for a moment escape, and what it would mean to their relationship.

And in another moment, she was through the door.

The hall had two diverging sections in the center, shooting off at right angles, but Alona was interested in the next large chamber. She could see her light glinting off...something in the next room. Entering, she found it to be a throne room of sorts. Instead of a conventional lead of a hall to a throne at the end, however, there sat four thrones in the center, each facing outward. In front of one throne, between the seat itself and Alona, stood a tall suit of armor. It was the purest, most polished black color she had ever seen, and it defied the slow, eternal decay of the castle around her. It shone not one scuff, speck of dust, or creep of growth.

The pristine armor creaked for a moment, and then a whispy, ethereal groan escaped from its form.

"Test your mettle."

Just as Alona was taken aback by this impossibility, the suit lurched forward in a step toward her. She saw now that the armor possessed a sword in equally perfect black as itself.

She raised her gun and fired at the suit. It was caught off-step by the shot, and had to step back once, before renewing its pace toward her, sword at the ready.

Alona knew not what this armor was, but she knew it stood between her prison and freedom.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:10 am 
Vampire Hunter

The suit moved with reasonable quickness for its size, but the steps of the hollow armor were punctuated by lurching pauses as it steadied itself from each forward movement.

Alona held her left palm aloft, surging sorcerous magicks through her fingers in order to illuminate the dim chamber. She spied four pillars, equidistant, from each other, and from the corners of the room, each marking the corner of a raised square slab of stone, upon which sat a throne, situated directly in the center. It was empty now, its apparent owner clanging about the room, giving not-so-swift chase to the young sorceress.

The girl darted behind a column, ducking down to check her weapon and take a deep breath. The footfalls of the armor drawing ever nearer, thrumming in the air, and shaking the youth's nerves as well as the stone on which she sat, Alona steeled herself and snapped around the side of the pillar, closing one eye to level her gun correctly and pulling the trigger in one swift movement.

The shot connected with her target as it was mid-swing with its blade, costing the suit some momentum, and likely saving the column from being smashed entirely. Nonetheless, the sudden shine of her shot striking far closer to her than she would have preferred, along with the light rain of debris from the unsettling of the room's support caused Alona to scramble from her hiding place, leading her to scramble shoulder-first into the wall before she stood. Regaining her footing, she ran from the armor once more, racing in her mind for her next strategy.

The black knight rebalanced itself after a few moments, finally slamming a second foot to the floor. It had teetered on just one leg after the sword strike, but now gave chase to the alchemist. Alona, it seemed, had settled upon a plan, gripping her pistol with both hands, and holding it in proper form as she strafed to the throne in the center of the room. The armor continued to move directly toward her, ignoring the obstacle in its path. Alona was uncertain if the suit was simply incapable of comprehending the blockage, or if it intended on destroying it if need be. Regardless, it had shown that it could not level such an obstacle with a single attack, and so she remained low, waiting for the blade to strike.

The ebony mail raised its weapon, and began to bring it directly down toward Alona and her cover. She retreated a few steps, firing a measured bolt as she backpedaled. As before, the black knight was taken aback by the shot, and the metallic clang of its blade signaled its almost total loss of balance as it teetered on one leg. This time, Alona sprang forward and held her gun toward the suit's legs, letting forth a burst of sustained sorcery. The armor began to glow as it stood helplessly, and Alona maintained her position as well as her attack. Before long, the armor crumpled in upon itself, letting fall its blade. The weapon clattered to the floor, breaking apart in a few pieces, with something inside falling out; a wonderfully smooth, shining stone of purest black.

Alona fell back after observing that the armor was no longer in motion, her ass hitting the floor, and her head tilted skywards as she took in deep, heaving breaths. She was unsure if such an idea were even possible, but evidence was now hers; she was not limited to single shots.

The stone that lay almost innocuously among the shards of the knight's blade had not left Alona's mind, however, and to find it was her next task. It seemed impossibly unlikely that such an object would gain purchase of her attention, considering the lack of light in the room, and the other events that preceded it, let alone the fact that it was a black object among black objects, but something about it was intrinsically unique compared to the other objects in which it had been encased, as well as the entire castle in which it resided.

Alona noted these things, but did not dwell upon them as she palmed the stone and slid it into her pocket.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:24 am 
Vampire Hunter

Retreating to the single hallway that served as a portal to and from the room, Alona peered left and right down the extensions that shot off in either direction at right angles from the way she had previously traveled. Each hall seemed to turn a right corner after a certain distance, both of the turns leading away from the room her sister had imprisoned her in.

Alona shrugged her defiant shoulders and turned left, exploring down the hall with one hand on the wall, and the other outstretched above her to provide illumination. After reaching the corner of the hall and turning, she spied another four-way intersection of passages, identical to the one from which she had just come. Arriving at it, the right, outer tunnel was collapsed some ways in, chunks of obliterated door specked the debris. It was likely another room like the one Adriana had left her in, Alona imagined. Directly ahead was a continuation of the hall she'd just navigated, again turning abruptly left after a distance, probably the same number of steps out that she had just taken. The alchemist pondered that the hall was entirely square, although she wondered if there was an intact route to the surface anywhere adjacent to these paths.

Turning to her left, she saw what she expected - another square room, with four pillars and a throne. This time, however she saw what she could only assume must have been a proper suit of armor at one point in time, but it now lay crushed under a cave-in. The throne in the center of the room was entirely obfuscated by rubble, and broken bits of the knight lay scattered around the raised slab in the center of the pillars. Alona walked into the room, lit by the light of the moon which flowed through the caved-in ceiling, and inspected the pieces of armor. Behind a pillar on the left Alona spied a shattered shield, carved in formerly shining ivory, or some other white material she could not properly identify. And as before, in the center of the fragments, she somehow spied another wondrous shining stone. This time the oval was of purest white, but a match in size and shape to the black nugget she'd obtained in the previous chamber. Alona carefully pocketed this one as well, for reasons she did not concern herself with justifying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:39 am 
Vampire Hunter

With a potential prize in her possession, and her choices of progress limited, Alona returned to the hallway and continued her exploration. Three left turns later, she found yet another throne chamber before her, this one intact, and housing a glorious suit of golden armor, resting upon the seat in the center of the room. In its right hand was a mace of similar metal.

Alona crept silently along the wall of the chamber, controlling her breathing, and sliding as close to the wall as she could. Step by muted step, she made her way around the tomb, maintaining as much of its original silence as she was able, despite her living pulse. Though she was small, it felt as though each of her footfalls would certainly awaken the armor, as she had witnessed in the chamber of the black knight. Every touch of boot leather to the ground was a tenuous exercise for the tiny sorceress, straining each muscle in her body with her glacial movements, fighting to keep total order of her stride until, mercifully, she was directly behind the throne of the golden plate mail.

And there she stood, for what seemed an eternity in forced silence, taking in metered, shallow huffs of air until her burning muscles were sated, and her sweating hands were tightly wrapped around the grip of her gun. She raised it to a firing position...slowly...slowly...slowly, until it was even with where the chestplate of the knight sat idle on the other side of the throne.

Another arduous, careful crawl of a stride took Alona to the blind side of the armor. Once the sight of her weapon spied a shot full of gold, she pulled the trigger tightly, releasing a torrent of magick that slammed against the yellow knight. It began to rise, brandishing its weapon as it started to take a fighting stance, but the moment it attempted to turn an attack to Alona, it began to crumple under the weight of its own arm lifting the mace. A moment later the suit toppled to the floor, breaking away into individual, empty pieces. The golden mace clattered to the floor, and slid off the stone slab, breaking apart under some unseen force a moment later, and revealing yet another stone. This one Alona could not truly describe as gold, despite its nearly unrealistic luster, but rather an oval of somehow perfect sunlight yellow.

Without another thought in her mind, she dropped it into a pocket and strode confidently to the square hall, half certain that she knew what awaited her in the final of the four chambers.