Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:37 am 
Site Admin

Between Drake and Xander's double-team, Eion drops pretty quickly. Unfortunately, Drake suffers another deep cut across his chest, the price for guaranteeing a good hit in on Eion. Eion is now very much so good and dead.

Meanwhile, Jack's cards do one hell of a job. Though they're not especially powerful, there's a lot of them. Pavel screams loudly as his dark shield is broken and falls to the ground, a throwing card embedded in his shoulder and on his staff. He rolls on the ground in agony, doubled up in pain.

Off in the distance, Doran grimly smiles, his ritual complete. Unfortunately for them, they hadn't heeded his words.

The fight wasn't over yet.

Doran barks out a loud, ominous laugh, clenching tightly on his staff and walking towards the victorious group.

viewtopic.php?t=994

Weapons: Razor-edged shield; hooked hand axe; bolted sword; Krauser's knife; Gilgamesh's blade
Armor: Tabard; steel full-plate gauntlets/bracers; leather greaves/shoulder pads; crimson steel breastplate with gorget; steel-toed shoes
RP Things: Boat, Shack, Secluded cabin
Other items: Long jacket/cape/hood; smoked glasses
Foodstuffs: 2 smoked slabs of beef; 2 blocks of cheese
Money: 70g

Kia's Cabin

Quests Completed: Scavenger Hunt, Epic of Gilgamesh, Clearing House, Lost Love
Skills Learned: Axe Hook; Distance Attack (Level 4); Shield Distance Attack; Axe Flurry; Boomerang Attack; Grievous Blow; Crowd Control; Combined Fury; Flurry 30
Recipes: Sandwich

Other Characters: Dural (Alchemist/Warlock/Archer), Paulus Heller (Tamer/Warlock/Assassin), Giacamo Reggiano (Seer/Merchant/Mercenary)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:02 am 
Site Admin

*Drake breathed heavilly. He'd felled the enemy that had only shortly before been an ally... Still having not yet bound his wounds he aproached the fallen Eion and quetly performed a summary of Last rites.

During this time however the fog in the area was becoming more and more dense, gathering over the fallen Pavel.

Drake aproached Pavel with his mace Drawn with his unfortunate duty complete.*

Drake: May God have mearcy on your wretched soul....for I will not.

*But before he could bring his weapon down a strong gust blew him back leaving him on the ground.

The mist was forming a figure and out of the fog emerged a hand wrapping around Pavel's neck and lifting him from the ground.

Standing there was a tall man, with stringy whtie hair hanging from an otherwise bald head. His face was extremely pale and his eyes red. The gleam from his pointed teeth were enough to tip off anyone.

He was a vampire. The aura of intense dark magic about this vampire though told Drake even more. This was not just a vampire but an elder vampire. An extremely powerful one.

The first thing the vampire did was shove his fist through Pavel's abdomen and reach his hand out of the other side as he lifted the dying but still alive man above his head, letting a stream of blood fall down over his mouth as he consumed it.

Letting the body slip from his blood soaked hand he extended one of his long claw like fingernails and slit one of his wrists allowing the blood to drip onto the lips of the half dead Pavel.

The vampire's wrist sewed its self up and soon within Pavel a transformation took place. His gut like the vampire's wrist closed its self. His teeth extended and his mind faded.

He was now a vampire as well. A servant of the elder vampire that had claimed his life.*

Elder Vampire: I am Count Magrid DaSoliel. I am your new master......kill them.

*He then looked to the bleeding Drake. His mouth nearly watered at the thought of that magic soaked blood. Yet he didn't himself attack. He merely looked to Drake and smiled.*

Magrid: Don't dissapoint me boy.

*Drake pulled himself up as the vampyri Pavel was already rushing him. He was now no longer a mad necromancer hungry for power. He was a vampire thirsty for blood, and Drake looked particularly tempting in his condition.

Pavel lept intot he air extending his fangs, opening his mouth wide, seemingly unhinging it as if he were some sort of serpent. Just short of Drake's neck they stopped.

Drake was in a moment coveredin ashes that were once Pavel. He stood up dusting himself. He held in his hand a pointed oak stake. Drake hadn't even needed the mallet to drive the weapon in. Pavel's own leap was suicidal. It provaded all the force he needed to drive the weapon through Pavel's heart.*

Drake: The deed is done. Will you challenge me today?

*Magrid smiled and turned his back.*

Magrid: You kill a man then pray for his soul. What do you fight for, knowing the promised land is denied to you? Do you think yourself Moses?

Drake: I make no pretentions. I have done wicked things, so that the innocent will live on. And what of you? You live outside the graces of God. Your are denied the kingdom of heaven.

Magrid: The Kingdom of Heaven? I deny this false paradise. I am building the Kingdom of Man. It will be heralded by my massiah Vlad Tepes Dracula.

Drake: Dracula is dead.

Magrid: Death....preacher...is only the beginning.

Drake: Will you visit death upon us today?

Magrid: No...you aren't ready. The time will come that you will see our side. Until then....

*Like a whisp of smoke in the breeze, Magrid's form vanished.*

Drake: Only the beginning?

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:38 am 
Quest Master

Jarha was stunned. Already on his knees, he fell to his hands and breathed in and out, heavier and heavier. His chest beat with such force he it felt as if his eyeballs were shaking out of their sockets. He winced and his mouth opened. Soon after, a quick spirt of blood flew from his mouth.

Jarha fell to the ground. His energy was exausted from the stress of his friend dying. He swore he would protect him...he swore he wouldn't see another friend die...he dreamt of an earlier day...it was a sunny day within the lush gardens in the training area behind an estate in Spain. He was alone with Eion. Eion was sweating profusely and had been training all day long. He was bruised and tired. Jarha hadn't moved all day and only sweat due to the heat of the sun.

"Hey, Eion. I think that's enough for today. You haven't even gotten near to touching me." Jarha said with a proud tone. "No," Eion said recklessly, "I will hit you." His accent completely gone as he furrowed his brow in fierce determination, Eion pulled his second scimitar from his belt (the wind scimitar, as the fire scimitar had been pulled previously) and closed his eyes. He focused his might upon both swords and Jarha decided to stop watching a nearby butterfly and actually pay attention: something was different. Jarha didn't know what, but for the first time since they met, Eion was serious. Eion had been serious in the cave as well...for the last time. He charged the sand-mage with all his might, the air around him rippling with the heat from his fire blade and his wind blade was preparing for the first strike. Eion slashed toward Jarha's head, but a barrier of sand blocked the attack. Another sand shield blocked a swift firey slice. His blades were both blazing with raw fury (not literally of course, except for perhaps the fire blade) but the sand wall didn't miss it's chance to rise and block the attack.

"Give it up, Eion. You can't get through this wall." Jarha said. Eion owned cut, over and over again for about 30 seconds, before he backflipped several times to put distance between the two, then charged forward with both blades flaring. The wind blade cut downwards before him, slicing the air to increase his speed. A torrent of pure fire blasted behind Eion, propelling him even faster. Jarha finally reacted, raising his arms and a wall of sand AND water along with them. Eion reached his mark, blasting away a layer of about half of the substance of the shield with the first slash, and them slicing Jarha's shield with a firey blast that raged like a hellish inferno before Jarha, but the sand cushioned the blow...almost. The sand instantly became like a crude, grainy glass before Jarha as the shield was pushed towards him. Eventally a single spike of the glassy thing touched his cheek, causing it to bleed a bit. It was the first wound he'd recieve from his friend. Eion fell unconsious after the attack and Jarha spend hours crushing the glass back into sand. He couldn't believe Eion's determination and power he showed that day untill this day: the day Eion died.

And for the first time in his life, the sand around Jarha fell silent and stopped twicthing. It was still, non-magical and non-protective. He had managed, without knowing, to expend the power of the temple cleric in his last attack, and could no longer subconsiously protect himself from harm. He laid on his back, his gourd on his back falling to sandy pieces and slightly burying him beneith it's non-crushing and warm mass. The tiny mage was unconsious. Although emotionally and mentally a mess, he had no life-threatening physical dangers ((unless the GM is holding out, lol)) within him.

Necromancer, Craftsman, Alchemist
Weapon: Jagged Daggar-thread found in hilt
Quests completed: 5 divided by 5
Autopsy: Hydra
Spawn raised: Pawn, Skull Bomb (I'm counting it), Trail Blazer, Chainer
2 clubs, 4 daggers, 1 short sword, 1 broken axe, 40 Hydra teeth, Hydra meat, bones and skin (mostly skin), Hydra Cloak, Chessset, Umbrella (Hyrda Skin), Vial x2 (used to be black paint and the other, glue)
Courtier killer, ever bleeding hand, exotic necromancy, lupephobia, twig-boy
Ready-to-raise floater brain in jar, 2x raised chainers, 1 with floater ready skull, the other ready, but without chain (don't ask)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:35 pm 
OMNIMOD

Xander stood dubfounded. His body, out of habit, still held a defensive pose. He had listened to every bit of DeSoliel's soliloquy intently. For what small bit of information he had gained about the "Dracula" mentioned in the red scroll, there were a thousand more questions.
Not now, you idiot!
In an instant, the dark colors swirling around in front of Xanders frosty eyes were gone as he blinked. He replaced his whip on his belt and, after stepping carefully around Eion's corpse, stood in front of Drake.
I suppose this means the zombies are gone...but that Magrid guy...
Xander held his right hand to his left arm in a feeling of awkwardness. In doing so, he laid his fingers on the scar circling his shoulder.
Well, we've done our job. It would be suicide to go after him, right? We have no supplies left, and we're in bad shape as it is.
Xander then realized he had the second least amount of wounds, behind Jack, of anyone around him.
Do you feel anything, or should we just return to town?
He asked this in an attempt to block out a flurry of questions aimed at Drake about what had just happened.

-Jobs: Slayer, Occultist, Mercenary
-Whip of Elements: (Gift of Power, Gift of Water)
-Weapons: Hunter's Knife (Short Sword), Blade of Gilgamesh (Long Sword), Couple's Blade (Bastard Sword), Sledgehammer Head (Hammer :p )
-Clothes: Thick cotton shirt with leather ties below the neck (long sleeved), Navy denim mining pants, Belt with side loop for whip, Faded red duster, Steel toed boots, Bronze Half-Plate Gauntlets(L&R), Copper Half-Plate Shin Guards(L&R), Steel Chest plate
-Misc.: Autopsy Tools, Oil Lamp (Full)
-Money: 157G (Birthday: April 29)
-Medicine Bag Items: Mother's Scarf, Cheese Block(x1/2), Sack of Veggies(x1), Canned Food(x2), Canteen(Full), Bag of Candy, Can Opener, Spoon, Knife, Fork, Bandage Roll(x1), Hidden History Scroll, Peculiar Flute, Used Moon Card.
-Recepies: Sandwich, Bananna Bread
-Reputation: Known as; “The Wolf with Puppy-Dog Eyes”, “The Marked One”, “Vampire Hunter”, ”Hero”, "Ultimate Alternate", "Guardian of Engaia"
-Completed Quests: Necrological Survey, Epic of Gilgamesh, Droll Patrol

-Biography (Containing Flaws/Benefits, and Autopsies)
This character is the intellectual property of holyice7.

[Spam bot post deletion count: 35]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:08 am 
Site Admin

*Drake was still panting as he finished bandaging his wounded arm and chest. Pulling his shirt back up over his shoulders he began to answer Xander.*

Drake: The deed is done.

*Drake quietly performed an exorcism then took a few minutes to examin the site for any objects, alters, or other such things that could be evil, and destroyed them.

He began to walk and aproached Odin, on his way.*

Drake: A friend has fellen. It is not an occasion to be jovial.

*There was no emotion in his voice. Drake then continued to walk. He didn't ask questions, he didn't make an extended lecture. He merely began the long walk back to town.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:15 am 
Site Admin

As Odin walks by, he raises his eyebrow at Drake. "Who said I was jovial about such things? Fear not. For his soul will be borne to the halls of Valhalla by one of my valkyries. He will drink mead from the skulls of his enemies and feast nightly."

Odin continues walking his way, "You have just begun your battle, Word Conqueror, Word Smith. You and your friends have only just begun. Especially that one," Odin nods at Xander. "Tyr has laid his hand on his life, and Blood Arm has his own trials ahead."

He looks meaninfgully at Xander, "Such as making sure that his arm stays intact. You do not have much time."

viewtopic.php?t=994

Weapons: Razor-edged shield; hooked hand axe; bolted sword; Krauser's knife; Gilgamesh's blade
Armor: Tabard; steel full-plate gauntlets/bracers; leather greaves/shoulder pads; crimson steel breastplate with gorget; steel-toed shoes

Kia's Cabin

Skills Learned: Axe Hook; Distance Attack (Level 4); Shield Distance Attack; Axe Flurry; Boomerang Attack; Grievous Blow; Crowd Control; Combined Fury; Flurry 30

Other Characters: Dural (Alchemist/Warlock/Archer), Paulus Heller (Tamer/Warlock/Assassin), Giacamo Reggiano (Seer/Merchant/Mercenary)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:34 am 
OMNIMOD

"Blood arm"?
Xander then realized again the gravity that his arm's time limit presented. He began to sprint back to town. He spoke once more before out of earshot.
Please make sure Jarha is alright!
>I hate to leave without helping, but I'll be of little help if I don't see father Gerhardt soon.<
With the fall of the Necromancer, the woods should be a quick route to travel with Xander's sense of direction, or so he hoped.

-Jobs: Slayer, Occultist, Mercenary
-Whip of Elements: (Gift of Power, Gift of Water)
-Weapons: Hunter's Knife (Short Sword), Blade of Gilgamesh (Long Sword), Couple's Blade (Bastard Sword), Sledgehammer Head (Hammer :p )
-Clothes: Thick cotton shirt with leather ties below the neck (long sleeved), Navy denim mining pants, Belt with side loop for whip, Faded red duster, Steel toed boots, Bronze Half-Plate Gauntlets(L&R), Copper Half-Plate Shin Guards(L&R), Steel Chest plate
-Misc.: Autopsy Tools, Oil Lamp (Full)
-Money: 157G (Birthday: April 29)
-Medicine Bag Items: Mother's Scarf, Cheese Block(x1/2), Sack of Veggies(x1), Canned Food(x2), Canteen(Full), Bag of Candy, Can Opener, Spoon, Knife, Fork, Bandage Roll(x1), Hidden History Scroll, Peculiar Flute, Used Moon Card.
-Recepies: Sandwich, Bananna Bread
-Reputation: Known as; “The Wolf with Puppy-Dog Eyes”, “The Marked One”, “Vampire Hunter”, ”Hero”, "Ultimate Alternate", "Guardian of Engaia"
-Completed Quests: Necrological Survey, Epic of Gilgamesh, Droll Patrol

-Biography (Containing Flaws/Benefits, and Autopsies)
This character is the intellectual property of holyice7.

[Spam bot post deletion count: 35]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:24 am 
Quest Master

*lies unconscious.*

Necromancer, Craftsman, Alchemist
Weapon: Jagged Daggar-thread found in hilt
Quests completed: 5 divided by 5
Autopsy: Hydra
Spawn raised: Pawn, Skull Bomb (I'm counting it), Trail Blazer, Chainer
2 clubs, 4 daggers, 1 short sword, 1 broken axe, 40 Hydra teeth, Hydra meat, bones and skin (mostly skin), Hydra Cloak, Chessset, Umbrella (Hyrda Skin), Vial x2 (used to be black paint and the other, glue)
Courtier killer, ever bleeding hand, exotic necromancy, lupephobia, twig-boy
Ready-to-raise floater brain in jar, 2x raised chainers, 1 with floater ready skull, the other ready, but without chain (don't ask)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:20 am 
Site Admin

*Drake stopped for a moment though didn't turn to face Odin.*

Drake: I know little of him but I supose that is what he would want. I'm aware of your customs old one. And I am aware of how long the battle is ahead of me. It has raged for years already, it will continue until the day of my death. When I have descended into Hell, then even there I will continue to fight.

Men such as myself, can never know the rest that Eion now experiances.

*He glanced over his shoulder to Jarha.*

Drake: He is a user of egyptian magic I believe. It is enigmatic to even the most experianced of western magic users. I can surmise he is experiancing some sort of fatigue from oversherting his magic. There are spells within witchcraft that also require a mental exhertion, which can exhaust a man much as if he had been through a hard day's labor.

I have a little one to see to and I can not wait for him to rest off his weriness. I ask one thing of you. I ask none of your magic, no use of your abillities, nor effort on your behalf.

I ask you stay here and watch over him until he awakes, then tell him of what has transpired.

*Drake thought for a moment.*

Drake: And when he awakes, do ask he undoes the spell he used to prevent the child's wandering. I estimate I will arrive there in the time it takes a man to sleep a good rest.

*That said Drake continued walking. He'd already noted something else no one ways paying attention to, yet said nothing about it. Jack had since dissapeared.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:07 am 
Site Admin

"Of course." Odin replied to Drake, giving him a half bow. "Remember your promise, Word-Conqueror. I will remember mine. Find my follower. Ensure she does not die, or the hopes of the Walkers die with her."

Odin thinks for just a moment, "And Blood-Arm. He must not die either. The power that keeps his arm from rotting has tied his fate with that of the Walkers. He has the mark of Tyr on him now."

And with that, Odin stepped to the epicenter of the conflict, arms raised outwards again...

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:36 am 
Site Admin

Quest completed. Partial failure. Drake and Xander both receive a 20g bonus for killing the cause of the plague. It would have been more, but it took too long.

Drake:
Money gained:
20 gold

Runes gained:
Envigur

Abilities gained:
None.

Xander:
Money gained:
20 gold

Abilities gained:
None.

viewtopic.php?t=994

Kia's Cabin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18