Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Can't get peace anywhere...(OPEN)
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:41 am 
Site Admin

Ramona had just returned to Veros with Kryad. She was happy that Kryad did not hate her for keeping the sixteen year old body she had been given by the Great Djinn. Wanting to give Kryad some space, she opted to go to the tavern to right her letters and read her books. Her new attire consisted of a dark midnight blue corset and a black long skirt with boots. Around her neck, she had worn a blue scarf.

In front of her, the juice she had bought was going warm. Frowning, Ramona looked up from her book and reached for the glass. Touching it, Ramona immediately turned the juice cold again thanks to her cryomancer powers. Nearby, a man watched her with lazy eyes. Immediately the eyes lit up when he watched Ramona put the chill on the glass. He got up, all six foot three of him and walked over to her table. He was a bit of a dirty man, but was not a bad looker. Still, one could smell the liquor off his breath from a mile away.

He stretched out a hand with a mug of ale inside. "Miss, might ya do the same for me?"

Ramona gave the man a smile and she reached out to touch the mug. The man was able to confirm with his own eyes the sudden drop of temperature in his cup. "You have a special power there, don't ya miss?" He set the mug down.

"Nothing too special about it. My good friend says he's going to help me harnass it to become stronger." Ramona replied with a bit of a blush.

"Ah....know what I can do? I can train ya too..." The man's hand enclosed Ramona's wrist.

She quickly shook her head. "N-No...I'll be fine. Thank you...O-Ow...H-Hey you're pinching my wrist!"

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

Post subject: Re: Can't get peace anywhere...(OPEN)
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEHEHEHEHE!!"

If anyone had been oblivious to the happenings at Ramona's table, the high-pitched cackling was sure to get their attention. While most of the patrons were turning their heads to find the source of the strange sound, a few managed to spot the small, black imp perched on the drunk man's outstretched hand, just before it plunged its pitchfork into the man's hand.

Continuing to cackle maniacally, it proceeded to stab the man repeatedly, seemingly careless as to whether he released his grip or not. Anyone who could tear their eyes away from the strange sight before them might notice a man leaning against the doorframe. He wasn't watching the scene, but a look of amusement was just visible under his hooded cloak. He brushed a lock of pure white hair up under the hood before turning and walking calmly towards the commotion.

Name: Grace Meredith

Naem: Enzo Greyson

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 am 
Site Admin

"Auugh! G-God damn it!" The man lurched backwards drunkenly, waving his hand around before knocking into another man's table. Clearly not amused, the other gentleman seized the drunk man's wrist and proceeded to take him out of the tavern to teach him a lesson or two about polite manners.

Ramona rubbed her wrist where the man had gripped it. She noticed tiny droplets of blood where his uncut fingernails had dug in. Grumbling, she placed her hand over it in lieu of a proper bandage. Hopefully it'd clot up soon. She glanced over at the hooded man and couldn't help but smile in gratitude. Kryad was a modest man, that she knew. If he weren't, he would have surely had a verbal go at the drunk man for attempting to touch her.

She quickly folded her letter and placed it in an envelope.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:55 am 
Site Admin

Kyrad sat down opposite Ramona and pulled out a length of bandage. When she was younger, he'd have set about tending the wound himself. Now, he was trying to set some boundaries on their relationship; specifically, he was not going to coddle her. Instead, he placed the cloth in her hand and leaned back in his chair. The imp, who'd been thrown during the previous altercation, now climbed onto the table next to his master. In his travels across the floor, he seemed to have found a fork to compliment his arsenal, and was now staring menacingly at the other patrons, a hyperactive fiend dual-wielding fury.

"So," Kyrad began, ignoring his sigil's crazed threats, "making friends?"

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:03 am 
Site Admin

"Thank you." Ramona took the bandage and immediately tended to the small wound. While she sometimes missed the way Kryad would take care of her when she was younger, she seemed to like the new respect he had for her now a lot better. She shot him another smile and sipped from her juice.

"I honestly thought all he wanted was his drink to be cold again. I have the power to do so, so why waste it? I was just about to ask you if all people were like that, but I think I know the answer. Most are, but not all." She seemed to nod sagely. "My first letter to Y'Leigha is all written up now. I was told by Cloud that she wants me to report on my interection with other people since she's been away from civilization for so long."

"...There isn't anything you want her to know, is there Kryad?"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:04 am 
Site Admin

"Oh, nothing special for me. Just living my life, being on my best behavior. I even told Stabby," the imp glared angrily up at him. "sorry, Señor Stabos, not to go for the eyes." He shook his head at the tiny devil. "I don't know why you insist on that name, you aren't Spanish. You don't even speak the language." The imp was now trying to twirl his weapons simultaneously, and only succeeded in dropping both. Taking a martial arts pose, he kicked an invisible enemy and squealed "TORTILLA!"

Kyrad sat there, holding out his fingers for the imp to strike down. He let his gaze wander to the ceiling and began humming a jolly sea shanty. He shot a sideways glace at Ramona, the way he did when he was trying to gauge her reaction.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:08 am 
Site Admin

Ramona giggled and she reached over to gently poke at the little imp. "When you think about it, he's kinda cute." Ramona remarked, glancing over at Kryad only to see his gaze turned up to the ceiling. She followed his gaze, not noticing his side glance toward her.

A moment passed before she finally spoke up, "Is there something on the ceiling that you see that I don't see?" Ramona asked him, still squinting hard at the ceiling.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

Kyrad sat forward in his chair again, turning to Ramona with confusion and a bit of disappointment on his face. "Are you really..."

Then his expression changed. Now the disappointment was the overwhelming expression, with a touch of frustration. He ran his fingers through his hair, letting his hood fall to his shoulders. Letting his elbow rest on the table next to his sigil, he cradled his forehead in the palm of his hand. "You didn't leave a message for me at the inn, did you?" Without waiting for her to reply, he continued, "No, and I bet it's too late..."

As if on cue, the door to the tavern opened again. A young woman walked in and started bobbing up and down, scanning the back corners of the tavern. Kyrad figured they had a good 30 seconds before his day went completely down the drain.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:14 am 
Site Admin

Ramona now also looked confused. She hadn't left a note at the tavern. If she had, she'd have two drinks here instead of one and maybe even a meal they could have split. Ramona reached over to lay a comforting hand on Kryad's.

"Someone else left you a note at the inn? It...must be for something important right? Though, you really don't look like you want to be seen, but I don't have any spells to help with that." She whispered, wishing she could help Kryad be unseen. "Maybe they won't see you if you put your hood back up." She suggested sweetly.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:30 am 
Site Admin

Kyrad sighed and sat up straight. "Trust me, it wouldn't help. Sixteen years, over a thousand miles, and the certainty that I'm hosting Satan himself hasn't kept her away, I really doubt that..."

"HA!" The woman exclaimed as she approached their table. She was in her early twenties, with porcelain skin and flowing blond hair. She wore tight brown pantaloons covered with knee-high boots, with the top three buttons of her white silk shirt left open to reveal her sizable...faith; a simple silver cross rested in plain view against her cleavage.

Her last few steps held a confident swagger as she slammed a piece of paper in front of Kyrad. A moment later, she'd produced a bag of gold and nearly dropped it on top of Señor Stabos. The imp picked up the fork and took to jabbing angrily at the newcomer. Her eyes grew wide as she first noticed the creature, but they narrowed again at Kyrad, who had picked up the paper without a word and started reading.

"I see you still keep impeccable company," the woman said sarcastically. The imp's face constricted in anger, and he began jumping up and down, speaking so fast only the words "chika, fajita, and amigo" could be discerned. It wasn't until it started pointing its cutlery in Ramona's direction that its meaning became clear. Noticing her for the first time, the woman's eyes grew wide with shock at the implication she'd made.

"Oh, I didn't mean...I mean I didn't see..." She started mumbling as her face grew increasingly red.

"Ramona, this is Grace," Kyrad chimed in without taking his eyes off the paper. "Grace, say hello...and hola."

"Hel..." Grace paused, seemingly pained by the thought of almost having followed a direct order. "Er, it's very nice to meet you, Ramona."

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:50 am 
Site Admin

Ramona looked over at Grace and she frowned. For someone who wore such a christain symbol and had such a beautiful name, she dressed sort of...un-christainlike. She glanced over at Kryad and sensed his either uneasiness or stress.

"Don't feel forced to say hello to me." Ramona chimed in, crossing her arms over her modest chest. "Kryad and I were having a private conversation. It seems someone needs to learn some manners."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 am 
Site Admin

"Yes, it was a very important conversation...fate of the world, lives in the balance. Much suffering will come from this interruption." Kyrad looked up just long enough to wink at Ramona. Grace was caught off guard by Ramona's demeanor, but Kyrad's jab was more familiar. She quickly recomposed herself.

"Excuse me, but I invited Kyrad here to discuss business..." Grace began.

"...which puts the blame squarely on me," Kyrad interrupted. Folding the paper in half, he returned it to Grace. "The project seems reasonable. So," he said, turning back to Ramona, "where were..."

"Wait a minute!" Grace interrupted. "That's it?"

"Well," Kyrad replied, slowly turning back, "I had expected you to buy the necessary supplies, but since you brought the payment to me, I suppose I'll handle that." He paused, while Grace stood agape. "You secured the job, I'll take care of the construction, were you expecting something else?"

Grace was furious. "You were certain I couldn't hold up my end!"

"I was also pretty sure that nun outfit was welded to your soul." Kyrad looked Grace up and down. "Though that may still be a valid theory."

"Someone told me I needed to be more approachable." Grace shot back, straightening her shirt. "I changed my wardrobe and completed my part of the bargain."

"And I'll complete mine, regardless of my expectations when I agreed to it. But if this is to be a permanent partnership, you need to find some kind of middle-ground in your outfits. I don't need people confused as to what kind of services they're being offered."

If Grace was upset by the criticism, she didn't let it show. All she'd heard was "permanent partnership," and she was chalking this up to a win. "Good. Let me know when it's complete and I'll arrange a delivery." With that, she turned around and left.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:22 am 
Site Admin

Ramona ignored the conversation until it was over. "So, was she your girlfriend?" Ramona asked Kryad quietly. "I didn't know you flirted with so many women." She then calmly took a sip out of her mug.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

Kyrad had a unique mind, one capable of complex analysis and multitasking that put the most well-oiled machine to shame. But right now the gears seemed to be jammed with tar and gremlins. Grace...girlfriend...flirting These concepts did not belong together. If he thought about it too long, the machine's parts would begin to break.

After a moment, he managed to stammer out, "I...wha...you...WHAT?" He stared at Ramona for a moment, and tried to clear his mind. The tar was thick, and the gremlins were in a biting mood. Señor Stabos looked up at his master with concern, and not knowing what to do, gave the most comforting stab in the arm he could muster.

"Ow." The fork hurt, but it gave him something to focus on, allowing the rest of his mind to begin processing what it had heard. It creaked slowly, but it was making progress.

Grace, and me, after everything that happened...

That thought pushed the machine into overdrive. Everything that had happened between Kyrad and Grace since they were children. The memories came flooding back, washing away the debris littering his cognition. The sound of drowning gremlins bringing him back to reality.

Kyrad's first instinct was to laugh. But like most of his first instincts, it was quickly buried under a sea of secondary instincts. This was not something to laugh at. Indeed, Kyrad's jaw began to hurt from clenching his teeth, and his knuckles were white as he balled up his fists. He was angry.

Poor Señor Stabos could sense the change in mood, and promptly disappeared in a puff of smoke. His pitchfork across the table followed suit, but the fork he'd been holding clattered to the table loudly upon his exit. Aware of his sigil's retreat, Kyrad's eyes moved from the fork to his own hands. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, unlocking his jaw. His hands didn't unclench.

"No, she is not my girlfriend." His tone was calm, but his pacing was a little too even, like he was forcing himself not to yell. "I would not even call her a friend. She's a person with whom I have more bad history than history, and if I had my way, she would be on the next coach to anywhere-but-here. But I am in the middle of a very bad situation, and I apologize for putting you in the middle of it. I will leave now, if you want." With the last words, he managed to pry apart his hands and place them flat on the table, ready to leverage his weight against them if he needed to stand.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:39 am 
Site Admin

Ramona immediately regretted her choice of words. She couldn't stand to see Kryad look this upset. She bit the inside of her cheek. Whatever happened between Grace and Kryad, was any of it good? She wanted to tell Kryad that she didn't care about Grace though she did care about the effect Grace had on his life.

Closng her eyes, Ramona exhaled and stood up from the table. She reached over and placed her cold hands atop of his. Now, she looked up to Kryad with her icy blue eyes. '...I...sort of been wanting to do this again, since the Faltine manor." Ramona said quietly, before leaning over and pressing her lips to his, ignoring the other patrons of the tavern.

Quest/ORP currently on: