Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Total Destruction (Part 2 of 4)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:01 am 
Site Admin

"All this friendship shit is making me sick."

Laika looked around her to see time had frozen again. P-Laika had her hands on her hips and she shook her finger at her.

"What are you..."

P-Laika smirked.

"Rewind!"

-------

"You two are so cute, it's gonna give me cavities." Jennifer laughed as she and Ramona arrived next. "Laika, if you want to greet your man first thing in the morning, you do this."

She leaned down and gave Graham quite the kiss before sitting down beside him. Ramona rolled her eyes and took a spot next to Derrick. "You're a show off, Jennifer."

Laika rubbed her eyes. Didn't this just happen this morning? She looked around at the others.

Sarah laughed and turned to Ramona. "Well? Did you want to see the eclipse too?"

"That's at lunch right? Sorry." Ramona sighed softly. "I promised to help out at the school church. They have an event going on this evening and I might have sort have been volunteered to go and help."

"Bummer." Sarah frowned.

"Shrike...Lily...Protocol?" Laika said out loud.

"Shrike lily what?" Ramona raised an eyebrow.

Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children

Post subject: Re: Total Destruction (Part 2 of 4)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:09 am 
Site Admin

Clank. The fork Derrick was using to skewer onion rings clattered as he dropped it on a plate. "No freaking way," he said.

"What?" Tobias asked. "Did they stick a fry inside the onion ring this time?"

"Laika," Derrick asked, suddenly serious. "Who told you to say that? And where did you get that?" He indicated the metal bracelet on her wrist. It looked exactly like his time travel prototype; the one that Ramona had used briefly to travel back in time.

Name: Grace Meredith

Naem: Enzo Greyson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:25 am 
Site Admin

Geist didn't recognize the codeword, but he recognized the context immediately. This involved time travel, and when someone comes back they would use a codeword to identify that they'd time traveled to someone who'd prepared in advance for it. He had something similar set up in the event he returned to his own time, and how he identified himself to Grendel when he first arrived.

"You've been time traveling? Is this a warning? How long do we have," Geist asked Laika.

"Wait, time travel? Shite, should have known something bad would go down," Graham said surprised.

"I'll get Mr. Birch," Pious added, dashing off.

The team had encountered enough time travelers by this point that no one even questioned when it came up, they just acted.

===============================
Character Name: Pious Augustine Hadrian "The Younger Hadrian"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

"Um...Jennifer told me that you told her to tell me to tell you that." Laika explained, frazzled.

"No I didn't..." Jennifer frowned and examined Laika. Her eyes widened and she held her head in pain. "Oh...No, she's right, I totally did. And..." Jennifer looked across the table at Ramona. "You're not going to that church."

Ramona made a face at her. "Maybe you should start explaining?"

Laika slammed her fist on the table. "B-Because you died! You...You were killed!" She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "She already knows that we know. She knows everything. My other self is gonna keep watching us."

Sarah stared down at her food. "What's her plan?"

"D-During the eclipse, she attacks us with a whole bunch of chimera. Students...the students die." Laika whispered.

"But if she knows that we know that, she'd know we'd prepare for..." Sarah stood up and she tugged on Tobias's arm. "You're coming with me!" She turned to the others. "Jennifer and Graham, find Miss Eliza and get the students into the underground shelter. Derrick, send out a massive text to every available phone. Pious is already grabbing Mr. Birch, could you also text him to expect Pious? Derrick and Ramona, you two head for our headquarters. You're familiar with the tech there right? Well, this Academy has weapons that can be activated there. Ramona, you'll guard him." She took a deep breath and looked at Laika and Geist and Gene. "Get Laika somewhere to safety. If this other self of hers is after her, we'll need to keep her safe."

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Derrick sent out the messages while Ramona led the way to HQ. Tobias followed after Sarah, more confused than ever.

-----

"It's just that my wardrobe isn't exactly suited for it," Grace explained, trying to look embarrassed. "If I'm gonna be running around during training, I should at least pick up some more sports bras so I'm not..."

"I understand," Birch interrupted quickly, visibly uncomfortable. "We've planned for situations like this." He dug into the desk drawer and pulled out an envelope. "There's a preloaded credit card in here with one hundred..."

Grace quickly cut him off, suddenly looking much more eager. "And let's just say my underwear selection is a little more provocative..."

"Two hundred euro," Birch interrupted again, pulling out a second envelope. "That should be more than enough for you to purchase the necessary gear. I expect you to take the training seriously once everything else is situated."

"Of course," Grace replied, grinning ear to ear. "Now if you'll excuse me, I think I can still catch the morning bus into town."

-----

Gene sat at the table after everyone else had scurried off. "I guess I'll just..." he began, but didn't finish. He pushed the tray of food away, no longer hungry. For a moment, he contemplated how the day had changed so quickly. "I wonder what happens at the church," he added, heading off in that direction.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:23 am 
Site Admin

"Right let's move," Graham said to Jen to begin leading an evacuation.

"We had a plan in place for something like this. We need to head to the police station, and meet Grendel. We can mount a defense from there, and we also have a backup plan," Geist said to Laika and paused for a moment when he realized she probably already knew that.

This time Geist radioed ahead. "Lockdown. Plan A in motion, prepare plan B just in case, standby on plan C. Mobilize the Jr. Police Squad. I'm inbound now."

------------------------------

Pious burst into Birch's office panting. "Time travel....gonna be attacked....gotta hurry...."

---------------------------------

On the roof Eliza was still unaware of the goings on below until she picked up Geist's radio transmission. She headed downstairs and toward the last place she knew her son would be.

---------------------------------------

"Huh? Everyone's running around like crazy," Ian said, having observed much of the campus through his skull totems.

Grendel burst into the lobby "Listen up ladies, it's gonna hit the fan. We got a big time travel shitstorm coming our way, multiple assailants, and students headed inbound for shelter. Get your asses up and gear up."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:38 am 
Site Admin

Sarah made her way to the student council room. "We had this placed in here, just for this sort of circumstance." She explained to Tobias. Sarah walked over to the chalkboard and felt her way around on it until she found an indent. She pressed it and the board swung inwards.

Leading the way, Sarah led Tobias through a hallway into a room with a huge console and computer monitors. Sarah sat down on one of the chairs and she fiddled with some of the buttons and levers. She pulled on a headset and her voice rung over the school speakers.

"Activating preliminary shields!"

Towers rose from out of the ground surrounding the Academy grounds and the police HQ that was on the premises. An electronic signal passed through them, activating a dome of energy,

-----

"A lot of the students are having a hard time believing this is happening..." Jennifer began to speak and then she heard Sarah's voice. She closed her eyes for a second and then smiled. "Welp, looks like they're getting the picture now."

-----

Ramona and Derrick managed to make it to HQ. Ramona wondered where it was that Sarah wanted them to go in here.

Derrick's phone rang with a text. >There's a room there if you recall that was always locked right? It should be unlocked now. It's the one just outside the work out room<

-----

Laika broke Geist's grip on her. She shook her head at him. "No. No we're not doing those plans. We...We can do it this time! We can win and we won't have to do any of that!"

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:14 am 
Site Admin

"Right," Derrick said, heading towards the workroom. "Let's see what we're working with." He opened the previously locked door.

-----

Tobias looked around at the various consoles that controlled the school's defenses. "Is this...will this even?" He finally focused his mind down to one question. "Why isn't Derrick dealing with these? What's he doing that we're working electronics by hand?"

-----

Grace nearly jumped out of her seat as Pious burst in. "What are you...?"

Birch knew better than to ask questions. "Take her to the police station," he told Pious before running out of his office. He was texting Derrick on his phone as he ran towards HQ.

"Wherr os tovias"

-----

"Can you sense it?" a soft feminine voice asked.

Gene spun on the spot and almost summoned a weapon. The pale woman's slender frame was covered by a dull yellow sundress that matched her large brimmed hat. She had a soft, melancholy look on her face as she sat perched on a nearby windowsill.

"No, I took too much of that from you," she said after a moment. "You were simply told something would happen here."

Gene felt an ever greater urge to summon a weapon, but he knew it wouldn't change things. "What are you doing here?" he demanded.

"I go where I am needed," the woman replied. "And I shall be needed here shortly."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:54 am 
Site Admin

"GET YER ARSES IN THOSE SHELTERS OR I'LL POUND EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YER FACES IN!" Graham shouted to provide emphasis, slamming a fist into his palm with a flash of flame.

-------------------------------------------------

"Alright, but I'm cutting out and taking you for our backup plan if things start going south. For now though let's try. What direction will they come from, and how many can we expect," Geist asked.

----------------------------------------------
Pious nodded, and put all fours on the ground as his body shifted into his rabbit form. Quickly Khaos transformed with him forming a suit of black armor around him, but this time left a clear open space, like a saddle, on his back. He couldn't speak in this form, but he had a mental directive accompanying his transformation. He simply turned his head to Grace and bucked it up and down to indicate for her to get on.

---------------------------------------------------

Eliza saw the commotion and followed it to find Graham and Jennifer taking charge of the students and getting them to safety.

"What's going on, Graham," She asked.

"Laika's been time traveling. Said we're about to get attacked. We're trying to get everyone to the underground shelters so nobody gets hurt in the crossfire," Graham said providing a rough explanation.

"I thought the tachyon flow was off today. How long do we have," Eliza replied.

"Not sure, but she made it sound like just minutes. We gotta hurry," Graham answered.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:38 am 
Site Admin

Sarah looked over at Tobias and then back to the console in front of her.

"A lot of this can only be activated via DNA." She bit her lip. "And...if worse comes to worse...the very worst...I can always activate the self destruct sequence."

----------

In the room Derrick found was a wall full of computer monitors seeing everything on campus. He could sense from the consoles there that he had access to multiple weapons on the school grounds and other security measures. A headset sat in front of him on the main desktop.

Ramona remained on guard outside of the room, looking around warily.

-------

Laika looked away from Geist and she rubbed her arm. "They're going to be coming from everywhere. That shield...I don't think..."

And just like that multiple portals appeared around them with various chimeras jumping out of them. Laika screamed, getting behind Geist. In her eyes, she recounted seeing students torn up by those monsters.

------

Jennifer laid a hand on Graham's arm as the students ran away from them. "Okay, babe, maybe tone it down a notch?" She forced a laugh.

"Yeah, wouldn't want to do anything you might regret!"

PLaika giggled from behind Graham. Jennifer's eyes widened and she raised her hand, lifting Plaika up and hitting the ceiling. She brought her hand down and then to the left and right, smashing her into the walls.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:43 am 
Site Admin

Tobias ignored the fact that Sarah wasn't telling him what Derrick was up to. He now had a whole new set of questions. "How bad is the self-destruct?" he asked. Before he could get an answer, the portals began to open and monsters started pouring through. Every fiber of his being told Tobias he should be out there fighting, but Sarah was counting on him to keep her safe while she worked. He stood in front of the door, waiting for something to try and get through.

-----

"Right," Derrick said, putting on the headset and getting to work. He took a moment to scan all the systems available to him. Birch's text buzzed in his head just as he figured out the last of it.

"Student Council Room," he texted back after he deciphered the misspelled message.

He sat for a moment, overlaying the weapons systems information with his understanding of the school layout. He'd have to try and force the enemies into groups to keep them contained. He'd have until the eclipse began...

Or not. The portals opened and Derrick saw the chimeras start pouring onto the school grounds. He took a moment to react, but once he did it was with precise and deadly force. Cutting lasers to wrangle the chimeras into groups, mortars to blow them to pieces, and flamethrowers to destroy the remains.

Inside Derrick's room, a drone sprang to life. It maneuvered to the ventilation shaft, making a series of beeping noises that caused the vent to retract into the wall, then entered the AC system of the school.

-----

Birch was in and out of HQ before the fighting started. He had a duffel bag in his hands as he flew across the school grounds, heading for the student council room. He was almost back indoors when a portal opened right in front of him.

"Shit," Birch said, pulling out he armored pauldron and tossing the bag aside. "Guess we do things the hard way."

-----

Grace hesitated, but she could tell that things were getting serious. Birch had faced down Nathan without hesitation, and now he was scrambling. She quickly hopped onto Pious's back and grabbed two fistfuls of fur.

-----

"Couldn't you..." Gene began.

"I don't get involved in mortal affairs," the woman interrupted him. "I am a force of nature. My mission does not involve saving lives."

"But you aren't going to stop me from trying, are you?" Gene asked. "Or from using that little bit of power to save others?"

The woman paused, seeming to contemplate the question. "I left that little bit so it could make a difference when the time is right," she explained. "This isn't that time."

"Then you'll have to give me more later," Gene replied. He looked away, hearing the sounds of explosions closer to the school. A portal opened nearby and three chimeras appeared.

When he looked back, the woman was gone. A scythe formed in his hands.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:28 am 
Site Admin

Pious dashed toward the police station at full speed. First through the hallways, but quickly he burst through the nearest doorway into the outdoors where he could move at full speed.
--------------------------------------

Graham turned around. That wasn't Laika behind him. That was the enemy. The other Laika. He had to keep that in mind as he flared up and let loose with a stream of flame toward her.

Eliza was confused at first. She hadn't met that version of Laika, but she did know about the incident with her. She quickly surmised which Laika it was and joined her son in attacking, as she blasted away with a maser beam.
-------------------------------------------
With portals opening all around Geist knew he was in for a fight.
"We still need to get you to a safe location," he said tapping the badge under his coat and summoning his Tesla armor.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Both Graham's and Eliza's attacks missed as PLaika froze time. When time resumed, she was not in their field of vision.

But her voice was heard behind Jennifer. "You weren't there for me when I needed you Graham. So, now you must be punished."

Jennifer swerved around, her mouth opened to say something when she felt a searing hot pain explode from her chest. PLaika grinned widely as she wrenched out the knife she held in her hands, letting Jennifer drop to the floor.

-----

One down...The idol had to go. So sorry, future me.

"No!" Laika screamed, holding her hands over her ears. "No, no, no!"

----

"It'll destroy all that it needs to. It won't leave anything intact." Sarah sat at the control panel, her eyes scanning the different monitors.

"Maybe...it was selfish of me bringing you in here. You could be out there saving so many lives, but I just want you safe here with me." She said softly after a moment of silence. "I'm such a selfish idiot..."

----

My hands keep shaking. My body doesn't feel like it should be alive this long. Is this the effect of having died in another world?

Ramona bit her lip and squinted her eyes shut, willing herself not to cry.

But I can't help it...I'm scared. I'm really scared. I just want my Daddy. I just want Birch to be here.

She wiped her eyes.

Quest/ORP currently on:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

"This isn't a plan," Derrick said as he took out another group of chimera. Two more had appeared before he could re-calibrate the weapons for another assault. "This isn't even a stall tactic." He tried to wrack his brains for a better option while doing his best to hold back the flood of enemies.

In the air vents, the drone moved quietly through the dorms and into the school itself.

-----

When they got outside, Grace finally lowered her arms from her face. She was sure a stray piece of door was going to smash her face open as Pious charged through the school, but by some miracle she was unharmed. Now she was holding on for dear life as the giant rabbit shot across the campus like a bullet. When they got to the police station, she rolled off his back and heaved, trying to keep her breakfast down.

-----

"Just a drop," Gene said, watching the chimera's bodies rot away. "The smallest amount possible."

Death's power was potent. Just a tiny bit caused a powerful reaction in the creatures that seemed to completely ignore their regenerative capabilities. Still, his supply was far from infinite, and the enemies were growing in number. He needed the leader.

A sudden pain shot through his head. People were dying all around him, except they weren't. Among the masses he could sense Ramona's life slip away, except she wasn't anywhere near him. These were like echos of deaths; only sensed because he tapped into the reserve of Death power he held.

"What the hell?" he asked looking around him. One bright light appeared in his vision. A single point on a rooftop across campus.

Tapping into his own powers, he slid into his shadow and shot up the walls of the building.

-----

"Tobias, where the hell are you?" Birch grunted, punching a chimera into its comrades. The two creatures were suddenly stuck together and tumbled into a third before a blast reigned down from a nearby rooftop.

"At least Derrick's having fun..."

-----

"Focus," Tobias scolded Sarah. "What can these machines do that isn't blowing up?"