Castlevania: Disharmony

An Online RPG
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:46 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 10549
Location: Winterland
It was after school at the Mapleview Shopping Mall. Arial sat in the food court with a coffee in front of her beside her laptop. There was a biology test that week that she needed to study for. A group of girls sat at one of the neighboring tables and were discussing something about someone. Arial didn't care for gossip, but they said something that caught her attention.

"So, have you heard? There's a rumor going around about the Skeleton Park memorial statue." One girl started.

"What about it?"

"Like, if you stand by it at midnight and say 'I saw Karen Benson get pushed' ten times, you'll be followed by her ghost."

"Oh yeah! And, if you don't get rid of her, she'll push you into traffic right?"

Arial frowned and she quickly wrote down what she was hearing.

_________________
Name: Jennifer Hamilton Bewitching Seer
Sigils: Dryadin, Willowisp, Vienta, Vemous, Freija, El-Ahriril
Runes: Endorok, Nichser, Tier, Morpho, Unviro,
Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:45 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:46 pm
Posts: 5361
Location: In front of my computer
Nathan nodded at the barista as he picked up his second cup of coffee. Normally he wouldn't waste money at a place like this, but he was on the job and needed to stay awake. His client would just have to pick up the tab.

"I thought you had to cross time zones to get jet lag," he said to himself as he headed towards the seating area. His client had insisted he take the last flight out of Miami to start investigating as soon as possible, and since they'd already bought his ticket he couldn't argue. If he hadn't hated flying so much, he might have gotten some sleep. Now he'd been up for 36 hours straight and it was barely mid-afternoon; if he checked out now he'd never get back on a normal sleep schedule.

The first sip of scalding hot coffee helped him wake up slightly. He scanned the area, looking for anything out of the ordinary, but if there was something targeting kids it didn't seem to hang out at the mall. That meant he'd have to do something drastic like start having conversations with teenagers. He'd always wanted to get maced while someone screamed pervert at him.

He skipped over the groups of kids, knowing they'd all have some excuse to not talk to him. Besides, if any of those groups were missing a friend they didn't appear to be missing them.

There was a girl sitting alone that caught his eye. Not because she was alone or because of anything particular about her, but rather because she appeared to be doing the same thing he was. There was no doubt in his mind that she was scribbling down bits of conversation she was hearing around her. Which meant she was the likely person to have a lead.

"This seat taken?" he asked, indicating the furthest seat at the girl's table. He gave a small smile that he hoped was disarming.

_________________
Name: Kyrad Darkspawn
Status: Attacking Castle Dracula (yeah, I know, right?)

Name: Grace Meredith
Status: Defending Veros

Naem: Enzo Greyson
Status: Inside Castle Dracula


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:51 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 10549
Location: Winterland
Arial looked up at the man and raised an eyebrow at him. She glanced around and noticed a lot of tables were filled. Arial then appraised the man and noticed the tired look in his eyes. She shrugged and gestured to the chair.

"Knock yourself out."

Now, she glanced back over at the table of girls.

"I heard that Natalie tried it the other day!"

"Natalie from class 3-C?"

"Yeah, she hasn't shown up to school for awhile. Do you think she's?"

"I haven't heard anything in the news?"

"Huh." Arial tilted her head as she wrote the notes down.

_________________
Name: Jennifer Hamilton Bewitching Seer
Sigils: Dryadin, Willowisp, Vienta, Vemous, Freija, El-Ahriril
Runes: Endorok, Nichser, Tier, Morpho, Unviro,
Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:46 pm
Posts: 5361
Location: In front of my computer
Nathan sat down and took another sip of coffee. The suggestion to knock himself out was actually a little tempting. He sat for a few moments, letting the girl continue to take her notes, before finally speaking.

"Are you listening for something in particular?" he asked quietly during a lull in the girls' conversation. He was careful that his voice wouldn't carry past the end of the table, but if the girl was listening so intently she'd be hard pressed to miss him.

In case the girl thought he was rebuking her, he pulled out a business card and set it on the table in front of him. He gave the card a little spin so it faced her as he took another sip of coffee.

No Secrets

Private Investigations


The N and S on the first line were done in a fancy cursive font. On the opposite side, hidden from view, it had his name, Nathan Sage, with the same intricate lettering on his initials. Below that was his address in Miami, as well as his cell number.

_________________
Name: Kyrad Darkspawn
Status: Attacking Castle Dracula (yeah, I know, right?)

Name: Grace Meredith
Status: Defending Veros

Naem: Enzo Greyson
Status: Inside Castle Dracula


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:13 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 10549
Location: Winterland
Arial eyed Nathan carefully and then took his card. She examined it and then laid it on the table. Reaching into her bookbag, she withdrew a deck of cards. She shuffled through them with expertise and drew the top card and laid it on the table. Nathan could see it was the Prince of Swords.

"You seem like a good enough guy. So yeah, I'm listening for something." Arial said quietly. "A friend of mine disappeared recently...and...I've sort of been trying to find her. Her name is Natalie Lyons."

She leaned back and stretched her arms out.

_________________
Name: Jennifer Hamilton Bewitching Seer
Sigils: Dryadin, Willowisp, Vienta, Vemous, Freija, El-Ahriril
Runes: Endorok, Nichser, Tier, Morpho, Unviro,
Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:18 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:46 pm
Posts: 5361
Location: In front of my computer
"I was hired to look into a disappearance at this school," Nathan explained, shrugging off the strange vetting process. "Isabella Thorne. She's been missing for ten weeks now. How about your friend?" he asked.

_________________
Name: Kyrad Darkspawn
Status: Attacking Castle Dracula (yeah, I know, right?)

Name: Grace Meredith
Status: Defending Veros

Naem: Enzo Greyson
Status: Inside Castle Dracula


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:25 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 10549
Location: Winterland
"Missing for at least a week now." Arial's gaze turned downwards. She tapped her fingers on the table. "Those girls were talking about this strange urban legend and I remember Natalie telling me she was gonna try it at some point." Arial glanced at her deck of cards. "I had a bad feeling about it and told her not to go. By this point, it's safe to say she didn't listen."

Arial then leaned forward in her seat. "Tell me about Isabella then?"

_________________
Name: Jennifer Hamilton Bewitching Seer
Sigils: Dryadin, Willowisp, Vienta, Vemous, Freija, El-Ahriril
Runes: Endorok, Nichser, Tier, Morpho, Unviro,
Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:30 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:46 pm
Posts: 5361
Location: In front of my computer
"According to her grandmother, she was a perfect little angel," Nathan explained. "Kind, well mannered, always called to wish her Happy Birthday. Her parents think she was a bit of a brat and ran away to get attention, or at least that's what I could gather before they told me to go to hell. Don't even get me started on how useless the police have been. Never heard anything about an urban legend."

_________________
Name: Kyrad Darkspawn
Status: Attacking Castle Dracula (yeah, I know, right?)

Name: Grace Meredith
Status: Defending Veros

Naem: Enzo Greyson
Status: Inside Castle Dracula


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:33 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 10549
Location: Winterland
Arial snorted. "Course not. Adults generally aren't interested in urban legends. That's why," she smirked dangerously. "I'm gonna try it tonight. While all the other teens are out partying and doing their usual friday night shit, I'm gonna be solving a mystery."

She sipped more at her coffee. "So, you're a private investigator or something? People pay you to do stuff?"

_________________
Name: Jennifer Hamilton Bewitching Seer
Sigils: Dryadin, Willowisp, Vienta, Vemous, Freija, El-Ahriril
Runes: Endorok, Nichser, Tier, Morpho, Unviro,
Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:37 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:46 pm
Posts: 5361
Location: In front of my computer
"Occasionally," Nathan replied. "Daily fee plus expenses, couple hundred up front to get me going, the rest when I solve the case. And before you ask," he added, sliding the card back in his pocket. "I always solve the case."

_________________
Name: Kyrad Darkspawn
Status: Attacking Castle Dracula (yeah, I know, right?)

Name: Grace Meredith
Status: Defending Veros

Naem: Enzo Greyson
Status: Inside Castle Dracula


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 10549
Location: Winterland
"In that case, should anything happen to me tonight, I should contact you?" Arial guessed. "Maybe whatever happened to Natalie...I dunno, happened to Isabella?"

She shrugged a little and typed at her laptop. "Unless you don't want to solve this one case?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

_________________
Name: Jennifer Hamilton Bewitching Seer
Sigils: Dryadin, Willowisp, Vienta, Vemous, Freija, El-Ahriril
Runes: Endorok, Nichser, Tier, Morpho, Unviro,
Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:47 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:46 pm
Posts: 5361
Location: In front of my computer
"I'll solve the case with or without you," Nathan replied, matching Arial's snark. "But if something goes wrong, you're gonna want me within shouting distance."

_________________
Name: Kyrad Darkspawn
Status: Attacking Castle Dracula (yeah, I know, right?)

Name: Grace Meredith
Status: Defending Veros

Naem: Enzo Greyson
Status: Inside Castle Dracula


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:51 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 10549
Location: Winterland
Arial closed her laptop and placed it in her school bag. "I don't know about you, but I'd say I'm far more approachable at Mapleview Academy than you would be." She paused and considered Nathan's offer of help.

"Oh what the hell, yeah it might be good to have someone nearby." Arial stuck her hand out to him. "Arial Webster, by the way. Fortune teller extraordinaire."

_________________
Name: Jennifer Hamilton Bewitching Seer
Sigils: Dryadin, Willowisp, Vienta, Vemous, Freija, El-Ahriril
Runes: Endorok, Nichser, Tier, Morpho, Unviro,
Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:46 pm
Posts: 5361
Location: In front of my computer
"Nathan Sage, Private Investigator," Nathan replied, shaking her hand.

_________________
Name: Kyrad Darkspawn
Status: Attacking Castle Dracula (yeah, I know, right?)

Name: Grace Meredith
Status: Defending Veros

Naem: Enzo Greyson
Status: Inside Castle Dracula


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, have you heard? (open)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:56 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 10549
Location: Winterland
"All right. So, tonight, midnight by Skeleton Park." Arial programmed the event into her phone. She then lifted her school bag onto her back. "Make sure you're there to rescue me if I need help." She winked at him before leaving the food court.

_________________
Name: Jennifer Hamilton Bewitching Seer
Sigils: Dryadin, Willowisp, Vienta, Vemous, Freija, El-Ahriril
Runes: Endorok, Nichser, Tier, Morpho, Unviro,
Quest/ORP on: Silver Wings

Character Name: Alice Springward Unlucky Witch
Sigil: Cherubim, Nariad
Runes: Destrok, Sentak, Vitale, defkon
Quest/ORP currently on: Mansion of the Sun

Name: Van Cheerful Thief
Sigi: Vienta
Runes: Destrok Morpho
Quest/ORP currently on:

Name: Ramona Servant of Y'Leigha
Quest/ORP on: Free the Children


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group